Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Condition caps removed...?

observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

For those unaware, condition (aka debuffs) only stacks to 25 on mobs, but there was a video from a HoT beta test showing that bleeding stacks goes beyond 25.

Here's a thread where Jon Peters talks about it.  https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/hot/Increased-Bleeding-Stacks

Hey Everyone,

As you may have noticed bleeding stacks go above 25 stacks when playing in the demo map. This is not a mistake, rather as we have said for a while now, we know that the current stack cap creates problems for condition players who want to work together. What you saw today was the first test in solving some of these problems. Keep in mind, it is not necessarily final and absolutely not the entire plan. I see many questions about how this will work and how it impacts other conditions, balance, etc. Rest assured that as soon as we have a final plan we will be revealing it and letting you all know exactly how it will work.

Jon

It will be interesting to see how this plays out with builds now.  From what i've read, the zerker meta will still be favored though, due to crits.  Hopefully they are finally starting to balance out some mechanics.

Comments

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

Good they are looking into it, thats one of the ol' thing the community being comlaining about. Now if it is a meta changing i doubt they will rework ol dungeons, i am more inclined to belive this is a change for new raid bosses(Wyvern) that may take longer to kill and a new strategy will be needed.

At least its conforting they are studying condis. 

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Thats the one thing that killed necro for me, from a pve perspective. 

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Diminishing returns after a certain point is the only way this can work
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.