Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kickstarter: Last Days

HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

Less than a week left to get those pledges in if at all interested.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crowfall/crowfall-throne-war-pc-mmo

Comments

• MookzenMookzen Member Posts: 18
    Do it, back it, push it, fund it !
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Er.. no thanks image
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Originally posted by Phry
    Er.. no thanks image

Hey, thanks for the free bumb...m8 image

BTW we reached 1.4m, and on 1.5 we are getting another ruleset and...Minotaurs!

W...aaagh?
  • MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977

Very nice, imo the rulesets are must for launch so it will not be only FFA full loot on launch.

More people might bite now ;)

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

More KS goals! Tameable/craftable summoned combat pets at 1.7m. Pledges are really picking up with backer and amber tiers having the most number pledges.

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Originally posted by mmoguy43

More KS goals! Tameable/craftable summoned combat pets at 1.7m. Pledges are really picking up with backer and amber tiers having the most number pledges.

Indeed, here is a couple of new stretch goals. Also, you can ask CF team anything on Tweeter.

Edit: Here are Q&A from today`s Tweeter AMA, credits to Elvine from CF forums.

W...aaagh?
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

Seems promisiing. But I have imposed a total ban on begware purchases on myself. Call me when they have a finished game, and it is actually as good as promised...

'nuff said.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Originally posted by hfztt

Seems promisiing. But I have imposed a total ban on begware purchases on myself. Call me when they have a finished game, and it is actually as good as promised...

'nuff said.

Just be careful what you supporting through crowdfunding. Do your research. I did mine, which is why I'm backing Crowfall.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

'nuff said.

Just be careful what you supporting through crowdfunding. Do your research. I did mine, which is why I'm backing Crowfall.

Sorry, but the ammunt of information available on these project is far from enough to make an informed choice. It is still a wild gamble at best.

• Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549

'nuff said.

Sorry, but the ammunt of information available on these project is far from enough to make an informed choice. It is still a wild gamble at best.

Honestly, it sounds like the designers want to make a game that functions on seasonal events like Path of Exile, but has character advancement happen more on par with FPS games like Planetside 2 or Borderlands badass perks.   The only part of this game that is making me completely uneasy is how they are handling attacks.  It might be good, it might be horribly bad.  Also, the voxel terrain might make fortifications pretty much useless if the game has a super heavy emphasis on pvp combat and players are too numerous.  Right now it seems like the primary purpose of fortifications is sort of like with Minecraft and keeping the dreaded creepers and giant spiders at bay.  

Even though I hate doing pvp, I'm totally on board with the game as long as it sounds like it is being built with pvp in mind from the get go.  The real question is how the heck are they going to deal with character progression in the long run.  Even if the progression is super flat, they still have progression to the point that eventually player A will downright kill a newer player B in a strait forward fight.  They'd have to limit strict stat boosts to some degree.

• MookzenMookzen Member Posts: 18
    Last hours of the Kickstarter campaign, pledge motherfuckers, pledge your sweet little disenchanted hearts out at the altar of our new MMO overlords.