Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyforge Beta CB2

mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

Per their website the CB2 event is starting on March 25th. They've opened up quite a bit more content.

Source:  http://sf.my.com/us/news/announcements/skyforge-cbt2-begins-march-25th

• Four New Classes to unlock
    -Archer
    -Necromancer
    -Slayer
    -Kinetic

• Open World Zone – Naori Island

• Superiority PvP Mode – 8v8

• 2 New Squad Adventures - Thetin Rift, Cronnel Platforms

• 5-Man Dungeon – Daren Facility

• Nedder Test Area

Thoughts?

Comments

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749

It's not really very much, as all the classes were already available before, so the "added classes" are really a gross misrepresentation of information. To total it all, with CBT2 additions:

4 "Open Wold Zones"

3 PvP Arenas

10 Solo-Adventures (Up to three players)

3 Five-man dungeons

Nedder Test Area (Still no idea what it is)

21 "zones" total. Keep in mind, at the end of RU CBT there were only 28 "zones" in total.

It was very easy to complete all of the available content in CBT1. In fact, there's only enough content for 6-8 hours of play, I'd say (Most coming from over-tuned dungeons with how Prestige scaling works). With this, maybe 9-10 hours of content (Really stretching it). Before you're reduced to simply running the same instance with the same mobs with the same mechanics over and over.

The solo ("squad") adventures are very very linear, short, and all identical in content -- You clear the trash, kill a mini-boss, clear some more trash, kill a boss. It really offers no variation in game play or  objectives, besides a slightly different back drop to play the same mission.

I hit the weekly cap within 3 days of CBT1, and they've confirmed that the caps are going to stay in place (even in launch), despite them not performing the intended task. I spent the remaining 4 days of the week playing other games, since I was unable to play at all once I hit the cap. The only thing I was able to do after reach the weekly cap was run around and one-shot all the mobs in Open-World Zones -- They provided absolutely no Sparks (EXP), Credits (Progression Currency), or Threads (Costume Currency) because I was beyond the difficulty limit for the maps.

They still haven't added a way to play with people who aren't the same prestige as you, so for now, I'll sit this CBT session out. If they don't add this system, I don't really see a reason to play. And it's a shame, because the game is actually not bad, but would at least be more fun if you could actually play with your friends.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    I don't recall seeing those 4 classes available in the first CBT. Only gunner, berzerker, sorc, and paladin.
    Originally posted by mcrippins
    I don't recall seeing those 4 classes available in the first CBT. Only gunner, berzerker, sorc, and paladin.

I assure you, they were all there. The moderator's even confirmed it in the previous CBT announcement when the question was asked. Many players unlocked them all, and the moderator's even pointed that fact out to brag how easy it is to progress.

Post #79

They later stated they didn't expect players to be able to unlock them, even though many players did.

• AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840
    Originally posted by EponyxDamor

I assure you, they were all there. The moderator's even confirmed it in the previous CBT announcement when the question was asked. Many players unlocked them all, and the moderator's even pointed that fact out to brag how easy it is to progress.

Post #79

They later stated they didn't expect players to be able to unlock them, even though many players did.

You linked the wrong post ? The classes were in the build but unlocking all of them most likely take well over 200 hours.

Originally posted by Azoth

Post #79

You linked the wrong post ? The classes were in the build but unlocking all of them most likely take well over 200 hours.

No, I didn't. Scroll down to post #79, made by Spunky, the CM. He stated that they were ALL in CBT1.

And unlocking the ALL might take a while, but people were able to unlock them ALL collectively. I've seen and played each of the supposed "new" classes in CBT1.

My point is that they didn't ADD any of the supposed "new" classes with CBT2, they were all available to play and unlock in CBT1. It's a misrepresntation of information.

EDIT: I edited the original link to go directly to the post. Sorry!

• AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840

Post #79

No, I didn't. Scroll down to post #79, made by Spunky, the CM. He stated that they were ALL in CBT1.

And unlocking the ALL might take a while, but people were able to unlock them ALL collectively. I've seen and played each of the supposed "new" classes in CBT1.

My point is that they didn't ADD any of the supposed "new" classes with CBT2, they were all available to play and unlock in CBT1. It's a misrepresntation of information.

He says those were in but most likely not achievable, I didn't see any of em in game. Will they let people start with those class unlocked ? If not, then yes it's nothing new at all.

Post #79

He says those were in but most likely not achievable, I didn't see any of em in game. Will they let people start with those class unlocked ? If not, then yes it's nothing new at all.

No, they won't. You still only start with the same 3 starter classes that will be available at launch: Cryomancer, Paladin, and Lightbinder.

EDIT: I've tried to find the post where Alanar (moderator) said that even he had seen/played with each of the classes in CBT1, but  their forums lack a good "posts by this user" function. It's taking me a while. Added link to support that you don't start with the "new" classes unlocked.

• sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684

They were in. I encountered a number of people playing them. Even in their Livestream #4 you can see people in the lobby that were using some of those classes. At around 56 minutes you can see there are a couple people playing the Necromancer.

I had an annoying person playing a Kinetic dancing around me at one point.. heh.

Whoever said they weren't enabled in CBT1 misspoke. They meant it would be hard to get to them in the alloted time. They obviously didn't understand just how much time some people can devote to a game.

It's possible in this latest announcement that the 4 new classes would be Lancer, Monk, Witch, and Alchemist and they mistakenly put in the 4 that were already available.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    If I can make those classes at the start then that's will be new for me so looking forward to trying them all. I think only a few people that that put in a lot of hours to unlock them did last beta.
  • GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

Anyone grab an Extra beta key they don't need ?? 

really wanted to try this haha