Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TSW Base Client and 4 DLC Packs 19.99 USD(70% off)

SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405

As the title says,

They are Selling the Enhanced Player Experience Pack which includes the Base Game(issues #1-4 included),Issues #5,6,7,8 and 1 Month of Membership Status(Subscription not required).

This is 70% off or you save $46.

http://cdn.funcom.com/tsw/crm/2015/mar/epe_1/index_en_web_epe1.html

Great deal for New Players or those who might be thinking of returning.

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

That's a good offer.

Pity it's only for new players - I am missing episode 6,7,8 and would actually buy them for 20€ with that 30 day sub bonus.

Harbinger of Fools
  • the_stickmanthe_stickman Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Shame they never created a Mac port.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Dakeru

That's a good offer.

Pity it's only for new players - I am missing episode 6,7,8 and would actually buy them for 20€ with that 30 day sub bonus.

There's a chance for some change, at least Tomium thanked the feedback on it :) but I think it's only a very slight chance.

I hope they'll adjust it, since the message is not the best one right now: "changes in gameplay! come back and try it! All content pre-Tokyo for cheap! Oh, but only if you ditch your previous characters and account, and create a new one..."

Originally posted by Po_gg

That's a good offer.

There's a chance for some change, at least Tomium thanked the feedback on it :) but I think it's only a very slight chance.

I hope they'll adjust it, since the message is not the best one right now: "changes in gameplay! come back and try it! All content pre-Tokyo for cheap! Oh, but only if you ditch your previous characters and account, and create a new one..."

lol yeah pretty much that.

They were reasonable with the Tokyo bundle though and lowered the price by 10$/€ for those like me who already owned issue#9 so maybe they will be reasonable once more.

Harbinger of Fools

Yep, fingers crossed - especially since it'd be great for my second account which has only Further Analysis unlocked  :) (for the easier access to Tokyo)

I can only repeat a poster on the TSW forum: game+content up to Tokyo for 20 is a great deal for newcomers, but -even if it has lesser combined value- giving the same content minus the base game (so Issues 5-8 for 20) would also produce big sell numbers among returnee players. If FC does the math, there's a chance they will extend the sale...

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

I will admit to never actually playing....but this sale isn't gonna do it for me based on what I saw. 

The combat looked (maybe im wrong) like 1111111111111111111112 *mob dies*

Riveting. 

• Wolfpack48Wolfpack48 Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Kajidourden

I will admit to never actually playing....but this sale isn't gonna do it for me based on what I saw. 

Riveting. 

You might want to get a little better understanding than this.

1. A 1111111112 deck would be an extremely poor one, and if you're watching a Youtube of someone playing this way, you can be pretty sure that person doesn't understand combat either.  A deck that synergizes well can build resources with just a couple taps, and often builds resources based on triggered passives. 

2. There are PLENTY examples of good decks for those who don't want to do custom decks.  TSWDB.com is a great resource and also has a beginner guide to help understanding the basics:

http://www.tswdb.com/builds/

http://www.tswdb.com/miscellaneous/the-secret-world-beginner-guide/

Since you admit you have never played the game, how about reading up a bit and perhaps giving the trial a whirl before passing judgment?

Originally posted by Kajidourden

Riveting. 

TSW is more like quickly adapting the situations than strict, set-in stone rotations (personally I loathe even the term, and not just in TSW. But I don't like the today's combat-craved gameplays either, so... image). There's the builder-finisher base, and you can (if you really want to) use the "1111111111111111111112" layout, but as Wolf wrote above, it will be very ineffective.

For example my combat currently used to be something like 21511117321 plus the dodging and the movement, but that's not a "rotation" since it used to be different with every mob. Also, after the New player changes, it'd be like 21511 - aaand it's done :) (since the mobs die faster now)

edit: on a theory-crafting sidenote, that line of numbers tells a lot about the present deck :)  It tells that one of the weapons is melee; the other one is not ele or blood and probably not AR either; since it starts with melee, on 5 there's most likely a stun for the breathing space; on 7 is some kinda damage booster; the deck has only one builder for both weapons; and since 5 is the starter utility, most likely there's an alternate consumer on 4 for situational usage (since if it'd be an alternate builder, 2 would be a more convenient slot)

Ok, I know my deck obviously, so it's easy to guess, but I think Wolf would agree too with the line of thought image

• hehenephehenep Member UncommonPosts: 221

most likely there's an alternate consumer on 4 for situational usage (since if it'd be an alternate builder, 2 would be a more convenient slot)

Oddly, on my decks with an alternate builder said builder goes in the 4 slot. Of course I also have one of those gaming mice and the 1 and 4 buttons are on top of each other so a press at the top of my thumb is 1 and the middle is 4 (and bottom is 7 and I sadly have to move my thumb down a smidge to hit 10).

Anyway I thought I mentioned that they expanded this deal to current players so if you have the game and want a fantastic deal go grab the thing from your account page for $20.

• Tracho12Tracho12 Member UncommonPosts: 136

I'm interested in picking this up. Anyone mind answering a few questions?

1) How much of this game can be soloed?

2) How big of a disadvantage will I be at if I don't research (youtube, guides, etc) the game?

3) Can I be killed by other players while questing?

Originally posted by Tracho12

I'm interested in picking this up. Anyone mind answering a few questions?

2) How big of a disadvantage will I be at if I don't research (youtube, guides, etc) the game?

1 - Most of the game. You really only need groups for dungeons, raids, and these things called lairs. Depending on your build and the difficulty you select you may or may not need a group for these things called 'scenarios' but they're entirely optional if you buy a DLC pack and otherwise you only need to run one successfully.

2- Not that much. Really none if you're good at theorycrafting builds and solving tricky adventure-game style puzzles. Though admittedly you're less dependent on a good build since the EPE patch.

3- No. You can't.

Originally posted by hehenep

most likely there's an alternate consumer on 4 for situational usage (since if it'd be an alternate builder, 2 would be a more convenient slot)

Oddly, on my decks with an alternate builder said builder goes in the 4 slot. Of course I also have one of those gaming mice and the 1 and 4 buttons are on top of each other so a press at the top of my thumb is 1 and the middle is 4 (and bottom is 7 and I sadly have to move my thumb down a smidge to hit 10).

Yep, G600 rocks :) that's why I started it as "theory-crafting sidenote", you only can make guesses based on keypress notes if you presume the most common keyboard setting - there are pretty interesting ones, might I add, I know a dude who plays with ESDF (instead of WASD) and use 2 and 3 for the two builders. I tested it too, but couldn't get the gist of it... I'm on WASD since the XT era.

Originally posted by Tracho12

what hehenep wrote above, just extending a bit: 1) the game is almost like an online adventure game, so even if it's fun to play in a group, almost the whole game can be soloed. More so, there are plenty of solo-only parts too (most of the main storyline, but also the sabotage-type missions, and occasionally other missions too).

2) with the latest New player changes you have much more in-game help than before, so it's perfectly fine to play without external guides. If you like theory crafting, it's even advised to play on your own, it's much more fun to come up with your own playstyles and decks.

3) no pvp outside the designated areas, the Council is strict on this matter :) TSW has separate, instanced faction-based pvp with different modes, plus an also-instanced fight-club like brawling area. In the gameworld, it's strictly pve, and can group with players from other factions too - again, Council rules :) in the world among outsiders everyone's playing nice and friendly. ("smiles above the table and unsheated knives beneath it" or something like that, I'm not a big Sonnac fan)

That's a good offer.

Good news (at least for Dakeru and for me image), seems the guys at FC are reading feedbacks, the pack is now available for existing players too!

No official announcement yet for Suzie into the News section, but there are several threads about it on different forums, and I checked too, on the account page, under Special offers, there's the pack. It's not as good deal as the totally newcomer one (since you don't get the base game with it), but still a nice one, for the same 20 dollars / euros getting Issues 5-8.

(Massive upgrade is 30, for only Issues 5-7, true with some consumables, starter gear, and other fluff)

The offer has the same timeframe as the original one for newcomers, so it's available until the 31st of March.

Hmm they removed the 30 day sub and I already have issue 5 so this would be 3 issues for the price of 2.

After just buying issue 10 and 11 I'm not sure if this is worth it to me.

Especially since I bought ESO for just 13€ and there is a lot of content waiting to be explored for this price.

Harbinger of Fools

Hmm they removed the 30 day sub and I already have issue 5 so this would be 3 issues for the price of 2.

For what it's worth Issues 6 and 7 are fantastic and Issue 7's ending ties directly into Tokyo. Plus issues 6 & 7 both give you 10.1 talismans (head and neck pieces) so if you're not in Dungeon or PvP gear already that can be a lot of help getting you up to speed for doing the Tokyo content and scenarios (if you want to do them).

Originally posted by hehenep

For what it's worth Issues 6 and 7 are fantastic and Issue 7's ending ties directly into Tokyo. Plus issues 6 & 7 both give you 10.1 talismans (head and neck pieces) so if you're not in Dungeon or PvP gear already that can be a lot of help getting you up to speed for doing the Tokyo content and scenarios (if you want to do them).

I only have 10.0 gear and no guild to run dungeons with.

My point is simply the new players get a pack worth about 70-90$ for 20$ while I will get a pack worth 30$ (since I have issue5) for 20$ as well.

Harbinger of Fools