Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Randomly shuts down

TektonTekton Member UncommonPosts: 86

I decided to try Archeage yesterday. Worked fine for a few hours. Now I can play for like 10 minutes then the game just randomly shuts down and returns me to Glyph.

What's up with this?

Comments

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Tekton

I decided to try Archeage yesterday. Worked fine for a few hours. Now I can play for like 10 minutes then the game just randomly shuts down and returns me to Glyph.

What's up with this?

I had a lot of technical issues and glitches while running AA in DX11, it is highly recommended to run in DX9, I believe.  It is possible they have fixed that since the start of the new year when I left, but somehow I doubt that.

Check your DX settings would be the first place I'd start.

I also recommend setting Glyph to close once the game is launched, as I had some issues with that as well.

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

What's up with this?

Dam thats lucky , i had to actually uninstall it to get it stop...

• farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Sounds like hackshield issues.
  • TektonTekton Member UncommonPosts: 86

Specs:

intel i5 3.1ghz

8gb ram

win 7 32-bit

Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 1gb

DirectX 9

Resolution 1980x1024

Graphics quality: High

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Originally posted by farbege
    Sounds like hackshield issues.

If it is a hackshield issue, is there a way to solve it?

• starstorm777starstorm777 Member UncommonPosts: 114
    I never had a problem with this game until today....it shut down my computer and it over heated my system.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by starstorm777
    I never had a problem with this game until today....it shut down my computer and it over heated my system.

I had this problem befor with the game, drain a lot of power with the engine it running, end up being my Power Supply but not saying this what happening to you, but make sure it's not that.

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    Originally posted by starstorm777

weren't you having this same problem with path of exile like a week or 2 back. clean out your fans 

I for one am running PoE without any problems, the only game that shuts down is AA.

How do I find out my temps?

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

I for one am running PoE without any problems, the only game that shuts down is AA.

How do I find out my temps?

What I read from your post, if your pc didin't shutdown, then you are fine noting wrong with your pc, but if just arche age then it's  the setting in how your pc set up don't like the coding it happen most games when they don't like the game  set up at all with your pc set up, just need to see if anyone give you any more tips get around this, runnings it on DX9 seem it works for a lot people as DX11 usely have problem.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Specs:

intel i5 3.1ghz

8gb ram

win 7 32-bit

Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 1gb

DirectX 9

Resolution 1980x1024

Graphics quality: High

Thanks in advance for the help :)

The number one issue with your build is there.  Using a 32 bit operating software is not permitting your RAM to be used fully. In order to use more than 4 GB of RAM you need a 64 bit OS. Upgrading your OS to 64 is not a guarantee your problems will disappear. This is about your system getting it's full potential.

The graphics card should be adequate for the game.

You don't state what PSU you are using. A bad power supply can cause all sorts of problems. It is usually the last thing anyone thinks about when building and they try to cut corners on it.  The PSU is arguably the most important piece of hardware that needs to be high quality, Different PSU models and model lines from the same manufacturer can vary greatly in quality. 

You don't state what hard drive you are using but any 7200 RPM drive should easily work.  I do not recommend 'green' hard drives or HDD lower than 7200 RPM. Better yet would be Solid State Drives. Their price is much more reasonable than they were 2 years ago.

To get temperature information from your CPU and GPU I'd recommend HW Monitor at http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html . This is from the makers of CPU-Z. Both applications have free versions.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

The drive AA is located on is a SSD drive. I'll check the temp, thanks for that!

According to their site they advice people to change dx settings, so later tonight I'll try dx11 and see what happens. Thanks so far :)

Seems to be working when I switched to dx11, it shut down on me when I entered Mirage Island for the first time. I guess it was a performance peak or something there.