Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Screens of a World I find Amazing!

Comments

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Just out of curiosity what type box are you running to get such nice screenies? SLI'ed 7800 GTX's with a Athalon 64 FX60 CPU maybe? Funny that no one elses screenies look near as good as yours. Ooops should not have said that., now some 10 post wonder will have to post 10 that are even better swearing they were taken on a P4 1.4 gig with 256 mem and a Ti 4200.

Also what FPS are you getting with these amazing screenies?

I miss DAoC

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Actual you dont need a monster machine to have that kind of graphic.

I have a good rig and i havent all maxed out graphic wise but its still very nice.

You can have everything maxed out and get good 25 fps until you get to noob island, then it drops to around 10, well atleast for me it does.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• blacksacblacksac Member Posts: 1,045

For the record:

Event Video by Mauroxx

(Italian community part of the event)

http://www.italiasci.info/upload/files/ostarabridge.wmv image

• IKShadowIKShadow Member UncommonPosts: 783

Originally posted by Jackdog

Just out of curiosity what type box are you running to get such nice screenies? SLI'ed 7800 GTX's with a Athalon 64 FX60 CPU maybe? Funny that no one elses screenies look near as good as yours. Ooops should not have said that., now some 10 post wonder will have to post 10 that are even better swearing they were taken on a P4 1.4 gig with 256 mem and a Ti 4200.

You can have it with ATI 9700 pro.
    1280x1024
    Engine mode 3/4
    All details set to Hi
    /setEngineQuality High

On mainland fps 24 and does not drop unless you come let say on sabre beach with 200 mobs and 20 players insight, than fps drop to 15.

Noob Island = 17 fps -> cidd drops to 13fps

Thats my Work PC setup ( yes sometimes I play at work too, IT department and we have free time until our servers crach ... )

At home have better rig with ATI X800XT PE so less fps drops at crowded places and can have enigine mode 6.

Example at enigne mode 1/2 you can see panorama ahead and you will see only blue squares in distance.

A lot of playeres does not use /setEngineQuality High ( you must do it everytime when you log in, client does not remember it) that will give you greate gfx improvment plus ADITIONAL FPS if you have newer gfc card. ( if its on High client use aditional hw acceleration )

In corwded areas I get up to 3 fps more.

p.s. blacksac msg me ingame nick: IKShadow. You have very nice bow image

Futilez[Do You Have What It Takes ?]

IKShadow thats not me holding that bow... sorry to disappoint image

Originally posted by IKShadow

You can have it with ATI 9700 pro.
    1280x1024
    Engine mode 3/4
    All details set to Hi
    /setEngineQuality High

On mainland fps 24 and does not drop unless you come let say on sabre beach with 200 mobs and 20 players insight, than fps drop to 15.

Noob Island = 17 fps -> cidd drops to 13fps
    Thats my Work PC setup ( yes sometimes I play at work too, IT department and we have free time until our servers crach ... )

At home have better rig with ATI X800XT PE so less fps drops at crowded places and can have enigine mode 6.
    Example at enigne mode 1/2 you can see panorama ahead and you will see only blue squares in distance.
    A lot of playeres does not use /setEngineQuality High ( you must do it everytime when you log in, client does not remember it) that will give you greate gfx improvment plus ADITIONAL FPS if you have newer gfc card. ( if its on High client use aditional hw acceleration )

In corwded areas I get up to 3 fps more.
    p.s. blacksac msg me ingame nick: IKShadow. You have very nice bow image

Heres an entire thread from over on the main forum that started becuase the OP with much higher specs than what you are quoting has choppy graphics.

http://www.darkandlight.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53450

There are a lot of other threads over there where it seems one person runs fine, and the next poster seems to have graphic/framerate issues. Does not seem to depend on the brand of card/ processor/ ingame settings either, wierd.

I miss DAoC

• tsr57tsr57 Member Posts: 187

even at full settings the game still looks like shit. Asheronscall 2 at full settings looks better than that and it was made 5 years ago.

Has nothing to do with full settigs. It has to do with the modelers and texture artists skill. And theres completely blow.

Originally posted by tsr57

even at full settings the game still looks like shit. Asheronscall 2 at full settings looks better than that and it was made 5 years ago.
    Has nothing to do with full settigs. It has to do with the modelers and texture artists skill. And theres completely blow.

hmm paste those "better" screen shots here.

On full settings game looks great... there should be some work done on character models and especialy on animation.

^^Your so the Morning Dev/fanboi^^ ... real name Dave by any chance?! image

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by tsr57

better from what? I can post better looking screenshots from any other mmorgp out or in development right now. This games graphics look like pure shit.
    AC2 , 5 years ago: 
    http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2002/e32002/pc/asheronscall2/ac2_screen013.jpg
    http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2002/pcnews/032902/ac2/ac2_screen006.jpg
    http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2002/pcnews/022602/asheron/asheron_screen004.jpg
    Lineage 2:
    http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2002/e32002/pc/lineage2/l2_screen003.jpg
    http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2003/pc/lineage2/0423/lin_screen003.jpg
    http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2003/pc/lineage2/0423/lin_screen001.jpg
    Age of Mourning:
    http://www.ageofmourning.com/screens/humanscreens/92.jpg
    http://www.ageofmourning.com/screens/humanscreens/33.jpg
    http://www.ageofmourning.com/screens/humanscreens/h9.jpg

any of these games graphics completely blow away dark and light.. thats what you get when you have professional artists working on your stuff.

Sorry, but DnL graphics blow any of those out of the water. Lineage 2 might have wowed us last year, but not now. DnL may have it's problems and it might not, but one of those is not the graphics, they rock.

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

I disagree DnL's graphics are outdated and not anywhere near as good as even Mournings.  AC2 and L2's were much much better.  DnL's graphics look much more like a 2001-2002 released game rather than a 2007-2009 release.  While DnL's graphics may look initially bad they get better once you get airborne and get a look at the world. But despite DnL's poor graphics they are not a gamebreaker.  At least IMO the graphics are fine enough to play without becoming overly annoying.  It's the poor game gameplay, poor combat and lack of any content that really hurts DnL.

But in reagrds to this thread I agree with Choy this thread is a fraud.  DnL's graphics are 4-5 years out of date.  The charcter models look awful and are stiff.  The artwork is beyond horrible.  The few buildings in the game are poorly done and don't properly fit into the terrain.  Combat animations are bad.  The graphics are poor for two reasons they are outdated and implemented poorly thanks to the artwork, placing and overall general low quality of all features of DnL.

Farlan annouced recently they hired two fanboys as Devs.   It seems quite clear Blacksac is on the payroll.  He religously bumps this fraud of a thread and others in hopes of suckering in new people into Farlan's scam and hiding legitimate threads discussing the poor state of the game.  He has to my knowledge never posted not even one post of substance on this board.  Like most of the fanboy trolls here he spends his time advoiding any discussion of the game, calling people names and bumping his fraudelent threads.  Is there any doubt that he is on Farlan's payroll?

I don't mean anything personal and generally don't engage in personal attacks but Blacksac like Dnl and Farlan is a fraud.  He personally attacks, calls people names who have the nerve to discuss this games shortcomings and does his best to spread Farlan's lies. He like the other fanboys will never actually attempt to post why they say DnL is a great game or engage in any logical disussion where they could try to build a case for DnL.  That would require well more lies and alternate reality theory than even the Bush administration is capable of.

The graphics of DnL are not terrible but they are certainly not good.  They are outdated by 4-5 years and what one would expect of a game released in 2001-2002.  Daoc, released in the summer of 2001, has graphics that are superior to what we see in DnL.  The high rez pictures posted here look much better than the graphics in game even with setting the game on high.  Add in the poor artwork, poor placement, poor character models and poor overall quality and the graphics are very bad.  The only saving grace for the graphics like the game is the view of the world from high up on a dragon.  The world is truly beautiful and is the games best feature.  It's to bad they have been unable to build a game to compliment this world.  DnL's is a sad and tragic story but aren't all dying games tragic.

Hey Zippy, your easily annoyed! image

Don't like seeing SoG/DnL screens on a DnL forum? WTH  image image

Hate the info all you want, but don't try and censor it! image

PS: By making up rumors and insulting my dear self you loose a lot of cred, not that you had a lot with me anyway image

• CarraraCarrara Member UncommonPosts: 111

I'm not entirely certain why it's important to compare games' graphics. All games have different types of graphics for different reasons. It depends what they need to achieve.

From what has been reported often enough, is that they spent alot of time reworking a brand new rendering engine into the game, and making certain that they didn't have to completely redo the art assets they had inplace. Code is easy enough to work with as long as you have a robust versioning software in place. But when it comes to art assets, it's always very difficult to start from scratch. There are no shortcuts to creating high quality Primary Source Models, so they wrote a great deal of code to create import/export tools for the new renderer.

That wasn't the only thing they did either. They had to staple it to their middleware and audio engine too. So all in all I think they're doing a great job since ripping out and adding in a new renderer in mid-schedule would have crippled and even put a full stop to any other project, these guys have kept on trucking.

Hat's off to them. I just really hope that the project gets completed in time for there to be enough people left to want to play it. I lost interest a while back, but it doesn't mean that I will not try it.

Well that's enough of my bla bla bla.

Take care all,

Carrara

For any interested

This time the Spanish Community have released a SoG video... enjoy! image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4xed7EtlTo

Nice video. image

I thought the speell effects and aniations were really lame. Not to mention it looked like they were getiing about 1 FPS. Is that the best the game can do ?

I miss DAoC

I thought the speell effects and aniations were really lame. Not to mention it looked like they were getiing about 1 FPS. Is that the best the game can do ?

Your a nasty one Jack, mean as a junkyard dog image

Originally posted by blacksac

Your a nasty one Jack, mean as a junkyard dog image

Hows is that Black? The animations are jerky, the casting animations and speel effects are hokey. granted the "hokey" part is opinion but the crappy FPS and jerkiness is obvious to anyone with a eye.

I miss DAoC

Didn't mean to offend Jack, if you felt I was.

Your view on the movie is completely valid.

I also see it as not perfect, but still nice. It was done in the spirit of the community and was part of a successful event, so I think it is important/relevent and worthy of a positive comment.

Your a hard man to knock their effort so casually, but I do smile at times when you post, as I can always predict your response... like I said Jack (in a good way)... Your meaner than a junkyard dog... your a little like the evil guy in movies you actually like more than the cheesy hero image

Originally posted by blacksac

your a little like the evil guy in movies you actually like more than the cheesy hero image

I suppose I ought to try and sucker people into sending money to NP3 for this POS so I can be a cheesy hero? No thanks, I like to be able to go to sleep at night with a clear conscience.

I miss DAoC