Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10 Reasons not to play FFXI

124»

Comments

• 7Fold7Fold Member Posts: 318

Originally posted by ghostinfinit

Yes, you forgot about Dynamis and such too.

True, I did overlook dynamis.  That however can only be entered every 3 days and starts at level 65.  It also takes forever to get you drops there.  I participated in many many dynamis' for months straight and was never fortunate enough to get AFv2. Largely due to people with more time in the dynamis LS than I had or bad lotting on my part.  Atleast they enhanced AFv2 with the new dynamis areas and the AF +1.  Still, IMO none of it give you an "endgame feel"  and much of it results in linkshell drama.

The game was certainly fun to grind through in its early days but it's now a shadow of what it once was.  Technically speaking it's a dinosaur in comparrison to current games and games that are being released in the next few quarters.  You can slowly watch it bleed to death off the rating charts as well unfortunately.  I compare it to watching an old friend dying of cancer with a little bit of sadness.  I'm sure with the 360 picking it up and the new expansion it will get another little surge of interest.  It's really riding on the coat tails of the FF name (ironically hardly anything like the true FF games)  and will probably be around for a long time. 

Posts like these are the reason why I read messegeboards these days before wasting money on games. I can tell his post is genuine, and from a person that has played every aspect of the game. When I see several posts like this, it usually paints a good picture of the game as well.

It's great we have this information like we do nowadays.