Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will the barrier between the three factions ever be lowered? As a RPer I find it crippling.

SararielSarariel Member UncommonPosts: 301

I can't grasp the idea of having three seperate factions that can't properly communicate with each other using /s and with emotes.

It seems like a bad idea to have such a heavy faction barrier, and three factions, in a game with such a low population. It cuts up the community so much. And it cripples RP quite a lot. I don't like that if I want to RP with someone from the opposing faction, I need to re-make my character and level up all over again.

Think the Devs will ever lower the barrier? 

(Sorry, I'm typing on my phone, cripples my sentencing quite a lot)

Comments

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906

EY low population?  The reason they don't allow cross faction interactions is for the purpose of roleplaying.  They already allow races from other factions to cross over.  Hence the reason you can create a Dumner in Ebonheart Pact.  Which is technically cross faction because someone who was born in one faction is a member of another.  You can always roleplay a traitor spy or something of that sort.  But for EP to openly have relations with a DC character is just plain silly.  You have to look at it from a real roleplayers perspective.  You as a Britian wouldn't be friends with a Nazi during Hitler's reign.  Just the same all factions despise each other and want to kill each other.  You need to look more closely and see the opportunities before you.  You can be racist about those from other factions who have betrayed their own to join yours.  Or you could be the defender of those who crossed over.  But to be the defender of peace between factions is a crime punishable by death according to the current lore.

Nothing killed my immersion more then to watch an Orc and Human act like they were friends in warcraft.

Are you onto something or just on something?
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    I would hope not. Nothing worse that trash talking epeens in Pvp.
  • grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by filmoret

EY low population?  The reason they don't allow cross faction interactions is for the purpose of roleplaying.  They already allow races from other factions to cross over.  Hence the reason you can create a Dumner in Ebonheart Pact.  Which is technically cross faction because someone who was born in one faction is a member of another.  You can always roleplay a traitor spy or something of that sort.  But for EP to openly have relations with a DC character is just plain silly.  You have to look at it from a real roleplayers perspective.  You as a Britian wouldn't be friends with a Nazi during Hitler's reign.  Just the same all factions despise each other and want to kill each other.  You need to look more closely and see the opportunities before you.  You can be racist about those from other factions who have betrayed their own to join yours.  Or you could be the defender of those who crossed over.  But to be the defender of peace between factions is a crime punishable by death according to the current lore.

Nothing killed my immersion more then to watch an Orc and Human act like they were friends in warcraft.

+1

No to communication between factions.

Optional PvP = No PvP