Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experience potion screenie

13»

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Originally posted by cronius77
    Originally posted by Octagon7711
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Octagon7711

We are still working on fixing issues that some of you are seeing with Enlightenment, and exploring opportunities to increase XP gained in Dungeons and Trials.

This means I'm not the only thinking xp was nerfed.  A lot of forums are saying they reduced exp and spawn rates to a lot of grind spots.  Some players won't even tell their grinding locations for fear of nerfs. 

They have been nerfing every super grind spot for the past year.  That's nothing new. It's something they do. They will allow grinding to be a little faster than other means, but not by much.  Don't get me wrong, I wish they would leave some, but like I said this has been going on for the past year.

I'm not saying it's something new.  During beta xp was nice in dungeons, pvp, and grinding in general.  They nerfed it all so people would have to focus on quests to level.  So I agree with you it's on-going. 

this is not true at all . The grinding spots were nerfed because of bots and abusing questing spots and locations. For the first 3 months or more of this games life you couldnt even do quests or get credit in the delves for achievements because morons were camping the mobs for soul gems and free greens. I had to run back two toons 6 months later just to be able to get all my achievements for master explorers and dyes because of all that nonsense. It went on in craglorn as well when it released.

The thing about bots is they don't care about time.  You set them up and let them run 24 hours a day.  No matter how poor the xp if they run all night and all day they will do well.  It stops players who actually sit there and grind.  Making us wait to delete characters is what I think killed a lot of auto botting.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Originally posted by d_20
    This is about the only thing that would get me to spend my crowns. I would level up some alts. Otherwise, my crowns will just pile up till some dlc comes out.

Same

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by Dren_Utogi

So why isnt anyone screaming about age of conans 100% potions, that can stack with 100% you get ifg yo buy godslayer ?........ You can buy level 80 in AoC too... stil #silence. ...  If a person wants to elvel fast, who is anyone to judge, play YOUR game YOUR way :)

AoC is a f2p game with a cash shop; a business model which - rightly or wrongly - has a certain image. "New content", in a f2p game, has largely been of the fluffy bunny variety rather than new "zones". This has been especially true of "conversions".

People who "admire" Elder Scrolls want to see zones not bunnies; so they want TESO to become more like e.g. BF or Destiny - games that release DLC..

Check back over the posts however and the only concern about people levelling faster is of them out levelling areas - so they never get to experience the content as intended. The concern is of levelling being slowed down, so that there is no level appropriate content to do. So they have to grind endless mobs ... unless, of course, they bought potions.  

And if potential console purchasers get the impression they have to buy the game and then they have to buy pots to enjoy it sales will suffer. And what we will get going forward is fluffy bunnies and gambling chests rather than expansions / DLC.

TESO is not that game. Potential purchasers should not be put off as things stand. But a (possible) 50% pot creates doubt.