Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[TGN Army] General: Five Epic YouTubers You Should Check Out!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Ever since we launched this blog, we’ve been covering a ton on the ins and outs of YouTubing as an MMO gamer. In the past few weeks we’ve been touching on different kinds of gameplay videos, and looking at the kinds of uploads you all love to entertain yourselves with. Well at TGN we don’t like to play favourites when it comes to gaming content, because we pretty much love every kind of gamer vid out there.

EDIT: Changed the title to better reflect the content. Sorry!

Read more of Peter Grant's 5 Epic MMO YouTubers You Should Check Out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• phobossionphobossion Member UncommonPosts: 56
    So MMO is Dota, CoC and Hearthstone? Really? I mean, really?
  • sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Originally posted by phobossion
    So MMO is Dota, CoC and Hearthstone? Really? I mean, really?

It's for the best, really. I read the title and was going to pop in here and leave a pithy comment about actually watching other people play MMOs on twitch or youtube, but then it turns out the people he list may actually show something that won't put you to sleep. Honestly this relentless pushing for broadening of the term is being done poorly as fuck. Baby steps, people. Sell us on something remotely like an MMO first before you start using the word to describe any game with more than one person.

• PhirmwarePhirmware Member UncommonPosts: 43

Get back to me when you actually do a list that contains YouTuber's doing MMORPG videos.

Honestly, this was the best you could find?  From EQ2 to Eve to FFXIV, there are people doing content-related and training videos better than this offering.

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    The first word is "massively" for a reason. The title of this should have been "online gamers". The site can display whatever it wants, but it can't change the definition of a genre.
  • QuinnfQuinnf Member CommonPosts: 1
    4/5 TGN-Partners according to https://www.youtube.com/user/TGN/channels?view=60
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

no thanks, I'll stick with NintendoCapriSun and Whitemage Serenia

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Watching other people play games is like watching your best friend bang your school sweetheart...

You rather be the one doing it (playing).

So no, I hate streamers.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • TheRabidsmurfTheRabidsmurf Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Wat.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I only know Trump,never heard of the other people.

Trump is ok at best,he is actually really boring.

I don't even bother with You Tube anymore,you would be looking at old material.It is live and more fun to watch live streams on twitch.MY only prob is today for the first time ever,i was just not interested in watching any of the streams,so many bad games out there.

I watch a lot of CDN the third,but H1Z1 is so boring,they have done nothing with the game as i expected.

Reign of Kings no thanks.

LOL and DOta,not a chance in hell i could watch that .

Not enough quality action in these games,there is more action in the Diablo clones but those games are so shallow i can't handle those either.

I find myself watching more movies again since game development has been so shallow and weak of late.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453
    The blatant shilling

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    Tell me again, what so good about that TGN partnership?
  • yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    I found baronvongames (or something like that) from warthunder, entertaining. Jingles should be in honorable mention too.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i like to watch youtubers do their job but i prefer when its video podcasts, critique, reviews, first looks, thoughts on X games, and news. Not so much Lets Plays.

As for Twitch streams, im too lazy to log in to twitch on my laptop every time im trying to play on my gaming PC so i usually watch twitch streams from my PS4 when im taking a break between games. I do watch sometimes specific pc livestreams, not only sometimes and i rarely catch the stream live on pc lol...

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

The best Tubers i've watched are The Hive Leader and RipperX...

Love their narative style...

• TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411

Stop trying to force MOBAs into the MMO bracket!

If people wanted that, they'd call them MMOBAs...

• vorpalgoatvorpalgoat Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Where's MFPallytime ? His HOTS vids are the best!  

• ShadowVlicanShadowVlican Member UncommonPosts: 158
    *sigh* why do I still browse this garbage site... I ought to find another site with proper MMO news
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    About the only thing a UTube game video is good for is if you want some pointers on gameplay.  Beyond that I just don't see a use for it.
  • OmiragOmirag Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Sometimes I will try a new style of playing based on watching a youtuber. It allows me to have many different styles.  

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Nasa
    Tell me again, what so good about that TGN partnership?

Free click baiting?

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    I, also, was not fond of this article.
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Thanks for lowering my IQ yet again, now its in the netagive! 
  • LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    I agree with RabidSmurf

Wat.