Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyforge CBT Overview Classes+Gameplay Thoughts

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

Skyforge CBT Overview Classes+Gameplay Thoughts Video

Factory 501 Instance 1st Dungeon

Port Naori Instance 2nd Dungeon

Okki Island Instance 3rd Dungeon

Kyris Instance 4th Dungeon

Saiban Archipelago 5th Dungeon

Darnic Village 6th Dungeon

Power Facility 7th Dungeon

Ardos Monastery 8th Dungeon

After a nice long day of playing. I sat down to give you guys a look of each class you can play right now. And give you my thoughts on each one in it's current form.

Paladin= Always my fan favorite. I think it maybe a little too strong. It's supposed to be a defense class. But I'm super Offensive with it.

Berserker= Here's where things get weird. It's cool and flashy that's great. But a lot of the time I feel I'm not getting the jump done. And pretty much flailing about like a mad man.

Lightbinder= The only support available right now. Seems simple enough has light damage healing and shielding capabilities. Reminds me of Inquisitors in games like Rift.

Cryomancer= Excellent class but it maybe a little too powerful. As I got more gear. I pretty much one shot or slowed things down so much. The next shot kills them. This class also makes all the available content current super easy. Even on very hard settings.

Gunner= This class is a riot to watch. I think it will most likely be the casuals choice. Because you don't have to think or combo. Just blast away almost doing nothing and win....yea its like that.

Other than gunner all the classes seem to make sense. My problem with Gunner is it's too basic. I think it needs another level in skill use. Because I kid you not all I did was one around a zone. Spamming 1 skill the ENTIRE time. And completed the zone. Shook my head and changed class....Be legendary.

Comments

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    I have 5 days so I'll be pretty much putting everything out there for all to see
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

What i saw watching many streamers was the game just plays like POE or Diablo in that the goal is to build a character that 1 shots everything.Now very challenging and non intuitive combat i don't like.

I  hear the 5 man raids are really tough but that doesn't make for much of a game if that is the only challenge in the game.I also saw no other content other than the POE game play which is to just  run around killing everything as fast as possible.

Last 2 days ive watched Skyforge and Reign of Kings and neither game has done a thing to entice me to play them.

How times have changed,at one time we just called it arcade spam combat,now it is like 90% of the gamer's this is what they want.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I think the game will do decently well. If it didn't have the class change system I dont think it would be so good to play, but with that it should get a lot of interest in comparison to games like Dragon Nest, Vindictus etc.
  • Chrono223Chrono223 Member UncommonPosts: 46

I have been playing a couple hours each night and Friday (which is my Saturday).

Cryomancer: I agree with your take on the Cryomancer, it is without a doubt a 2-3 button kill class at this time. I don't hate the fact that I am overpowered, but it makes the Tier2-3 Squad missions too easy and remove the "Hey I might need some friends for this" mentality.

Lightbinder: For the Lightbinder, I think that the shielding mechanic is good, but it might be a problem in the end game. It remains to be seen, how it will work it since Health Orbs disappear after a while (How many Lightbinder will a raid needs etc..). (I played him once in a dungeon because the other left)

I have not tried the Paladin yet (or not enough) to make good/bad comments on it. I have not tried the Zerker or Gunner, I only purchased the first package.

Thanks for the review so far, I will try playing the Lightbinder a bit more to test it out.

• arunasmearunasme Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Feel like an idiot for hyping for another eye candy game, once inside it took me 30 minutes to realize its the same sh!t over and over again, couldn't even force myself to play longer and see more.... oh well... next...

@Arun

If it's the samething over and over. It's most likely you rushed content and didn't do everything. When you do that you hit a wall. That forces you to redo things.

The game however will be fine it's fun. And it's more for guys who like to solo. And small group play 5-10 people. I have't found much to be extremely critical on. Besides the Prestige wall, that they should explain. So people know why they're repeating content. It's not clear right now so people are getting frustrated.

• ThompsonSubThompsonSub Member UncommonPosts: 147

In a way, Skyforge is like a slowed down, tab-target version of Warframe that has other MMO aspects.

There are open maps but a great deal of the gameplay is instanced just like WF.

I'm not hating the game, just making a comparison.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Silentstorm

@Arun

If it's the samething over and over. It's most likely you rushed content and didn't do everything. When you do that you hit a wall. That forces you to redo things.

The game however will be fine it's fun. And it's more for guys who like to solo. And small group play 5-10 people. I have't found much to be extremely critical on. Besides the Prestige wall, that they should explain. So people know why they're repeating content. It's not clear right now so people are getting frustrated.

You haven't found anything to be critical of? 

So you think running around 1-2 shotting everything is good combat?

I know someone mentioned it is better than 1/2/1/2 or whatever,fact it is WORSE,because yo d are basically 1/1 dead,next.I watched a player use ONLY one ability and was 1-2 shottting everything and his player still had tons of improving,so what's after that?One shot everything?

Sure i can buy into 5/10 man raids being Fun IF it is actually challenging and offers action  versus reaction but i still feel no matter a raid or not,it's going to be spam all the way.

If a game is going to allow spam killing,then it needs a break in the action,some actual content to mix it up and make it feel like a GAME and not just an arcade action spammer.

If all i was going to enjoy was combat,which is usually what i do enjoy most,it needs to be SLOWER,full of action and reaction,you know>>INTERACTIVE combat and not just me ignoring whatever they do and spam my stuff to 1-2 shot them.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

I found some things. I made another post for that. I don't rush to judge until all the dust settles. After I played the game properly for 20-30 hours then give a proper opinion. Doing reviews in 3-5 hours of game play is unprofessional.
  • ThompsonSubThompsonSub Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Originally posted by WizardryI watched a player use ONLY one ability and was 1-2 shottting everything

There are only 3 places you can see that and they are all low level, they are the starter areas and the only open world maps where you can see other players (right now, other open areas are coming)..

So the truth is what you saw was a higher level player sweeping mobs in Lanbear forest so he could collect class sparks.

When you get past 3K prestige you can't one shot mobs and the bosses get pretty brutal in some cases.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Originally posted by Albatroes
    I think the game will do decently well. If it didn't have the class change system I dont think it would be so good to play, but with that it should get a lot of interest in comparison to games like Dragon Nest, Vindictus etc.

Yeah, it looked promising, but I saw a pvp match and the guy who posted the vid- fevir I think- said it ended up just being a tab-targeter, and also mentioned that as he levelled up the ttk became shorter and shorter. Dragon Nest etc are very much skill based combat games, and the ttk (at least when I played) was not short. Might be ok for the pve I guess.