Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyforge final thoughs on the end of CBT

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

Video Form

It was a nice long week of CBT. Everyone got to see all Skyforge has to offer. Or at least begin to see it. I put together some concerns, and likes in the game. You may find some you agree some you don't. I just want the company to get a gander too. Basically in a way not disrespectful or immature.

Concerns

• The game needs some kind of grouping system. It's 2015 no one should spend more then 10 minutes EVER. In a lfg chat or feeling a lone in any MMO game. That's just not acceptable anymore.

• PVP Should be expanded upon more. I'm aware it's just CBT, but I would like to see a whole lot more war in the game. Also for the love of everything. When you see Berserkers all over the place in pvp. That's a hint (somethings wrong here)

• The weekly cap needs to totally go bye bye. It's a bad idea no one wishes ever happen. It seems a stunt to slow  progression. And a total smack to the hard core. If you want to slow down the hard core make the game harder.

• Which leads me to my next issue. The game is way too care bear and easy. Take the gloves off get rough with the population. Makes us earn it a little more than we have to right now. I counted one fight that actually made me die. I laughed because I died again, third time we basically curb stomp it.

• Also while I'm talking about me and another gamer. The game needs down scaling. A way for higher prestige gamers, to play with their lower prestige partners.

• I think the game could use more open zones. Where we can get random events, world bosses, pvp, etc in the zone. This will help the feeling of being funneled from dungeon to dungeon. Also if a person wants he can take on random content. Pretty much at his own pace. And interact with other gamers in the environment.

• Ailnet needs to be something more. Than Skyforge's version of Facebook, I mean it's cute and all but it needs more. That system is the perfect place for things like treasure hunts. Or maybe alerting you to some really nasty boss roaming a (open area), So much more could be done with that.

• These are just my suggestions. I actually really enjoyed the game despite this list. It's just I'm a real person and even when I like something. I want nothing but the best for it.

Comments

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    CBT, they have S&M in this thing?!
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    Originally posted by waynejr2
    CBT, they have S&M in this thing?!

S&M? Trying to be helpful, but I'm not sure what S&M is?

• Walkyier70Walkyier70 Member UncommonPosts: 67
    i have to be honest after a day playing cbt  the game seems liked the same ole thing .. itll be a pass here
  • R3d.GallowsR3d.Gallows Member UncommonPosts: 155

1. The game has LFG for 5-man+ content. The queues were a pain but it was beta and there werent that many people to feed the group finder. The annoying thing was you couldnt enter any of the  solo instances while in queue for the 5man dungeon. 

2. Berserkers? Really? Have you checked any of the feedback threads on the beta forums? The class is animation locked on all attacks except for 1 and limited to melee range. It doesnt have shields or significant defense capabilities. Basically its squishy as hell. All it has is good damage and the badass factor. 

3. The problem isnt the cap. The problem is that no matter what the devs do the prestige system will result in a massively splintered player base (more so without the cap). In WoW I can come back after a half year break and catch up to the top geared players on the server within 2 months (done so a few times over the years). In SF you miss 6 months of prestige gathering and youll be lagging behind forever. 

4. From what Ive read the game does increase in difficulty significantly as you acquire more prestige. 

5. Russian OBT - 13 open world zones. 

• sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684

Once you hit around 3,000 Prestige the difficulty starts to ramp up. If you join a couple people then the instances REALLY get challenging. My guild and I all were saying the same thing. "It's kind of too easy..." We stuck with it though and once we all got around 3k we decided to try some more instances.

We actually had to play smart! We were pleasantly surprised for sure. And just think... 3k prestige is still basically the tutorial. You haven't unlocked even half of one class. You haven't unlocked any of the advanced classes. You haven't opened up more than a few nodes on the upper level Ascension Atlas. Have you looked at that thing? There's so much potential for customization!

Then of course there's the whole Follower, Adept, Order, God mechanics most people barely got to dabble with.

I think the game needs a bit more work, but after spending a bit more time in it I'm excited to get even further in CBT2.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I agree with a lot of what the OP said. I would like to see the bosses harder without all those HP Bars.  The instanced pvp stuff is good but I like open pvp so make some of the open world areas with an open pvp system. When I am playing I do give them feedback in the pop ups that ask for it. With a few adjustments this game could be really good.
  • SaralimanSaraliman Member Posts: 14
    I found Skyforge extremly boring and lack of  customization....
  • CannyoneCannyone Member UncommonPosts: 267

In one of the Adventures, at the Power Station, I encountered a "chaos" cube boss that required more than one player to take out.  It basically had a shield that could not be damaged... without using a special fixed gun.  So I'd say the OP was not soloing much or he was only using one class.  Which I did not do!

What got me was one of the Features of the "Order" system.  Basically you have to do a mission at least every "3 hours" or you begin to loose favor with your followers.  I think that's excessive!  Some of us will have lives outside of the MMOs we chose to play.

The area where I do agree with the OP is that there needs to be more Open Areas for questing.  And while those do feel interesting, with all the various quest lines.  The current two become really easy really quickly.  And then the regular adventures can seem really hard by comparison.

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    I actually like the cap, its not perfect but serves to bridge the gap between casual and hardcore.  Keeps more players around the same lvl more often.
  • muppetpilotmuppetpilot Member UncommonPosts: 171

I played most of the CB, even got in as early as the technical beta weekend.  The game is pretty enough, but boy did it just feel...lifeless?  Is that too strong of a word?

I mean I don't mean to bash it, the combat is neat and it was surprisingly bug-free so I think the devs deserve a nod on that, they are apparently trying but this thing just felt pretty empty.  The repeated instances, super easy difficulty for the most part, I dunno it just seems like a pretty veneer over very little.

Didn't really see much to really customize with, just look at the number of cryo mages running around.  I think the core gameplay was fun but it gets stale pretty quickly.  Invisible walls abound, stuff like that...just seems like it needed more meat before hitting beta.  They have some cool ideas but they are mostly surface gleam, imho.

"Why would I want to loose a religion upon my people? Religions wreck from within - Empires and individuals alike! It's all the same." - God Emperor of Dune

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by muppetpilot

I played most of the CB, even got in as early as the technical beta weekend.  The game is pretty enough, but boy did it just feel...lifeless?  Is that too strong of a word?

I mean I don't mean to bash it, the combat is neat and it was surprisingly bug-free so I think the devs deserve a nod on that, they are apparently trying but this thing just felt pretty empty.  The repeated instances, super easy difficulty for the most part, I dunno it just seems like a pretty veneer over very little.

Didn't really see much to really customize with, just look at the number of cryo mages running around.  I think the core gameplay was fun but it gets stale pretty quickly.  Invisible walls abound, stuff like that...just seems like it needed more meat before hitting beta.  They have some cool ideas but they are mostly surface gleam, imho.

Let's see...It's not an open world mmorpg so that pretty much is the answer to most of your complaints with the game. The repeated instances is because its a lobby game like Dragon's Nest or Vindictus.

You only get a choice of 3 starter classes to play unless you pay $$ so of course you're going to see a bunch of 1 type of class. Invisible walls goes to point number 1 about it not being an open world mmorpg.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!