Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is TAB targeting is diguise!

LurchUSALurchUSA Member UncommonPosts: 97

I thought this game had REAL action combat, like FireFall, whereby if your recital is not on target when you fire, you miss... period!

Now in Skyforge, if your recital is off target you get a "No target" error message!

What sort of BS is this??!! This totally breaks immersion, and makes the game a point and shoot button masher. To add insult to injury, you can still TAB target your enemy and you character will attack that target.

This whole mouse look, FPS shooter feel is just a smoke screen for an updated fantasy/sci-fi Guild Wars 1 type game.

Oh well, back to the melding for me.

Comments

• ArazaleArazale Member Posts: 348

This is them trying something relatively new. Admittedly in practice it feels entirely unintuitive and they should remove the target requirement for certain skills(not all skills require a target) but still, at the very least they gave it a shot.

Which is something lots of mmo players just love to complain about. That devs never try anything new. No, they do, it's just whenever they do it's criticized to hell and back and people conveniently forget that fact.

• ArazaleArazale Member Posts: 348
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    I didn't know tab target is bad. I always enjoyed it. am i wrong?

Misleading title kinda. It's not tab target. It's a mix of tab target and action combat, which turns out to be worse than either of them, at least the way they combined it it's worse.

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    Originally posted by Arazale

Misleading title kinda. It's not tab target. It's a mix of tab target and action combat, which turns out to be worse than either of them, at least the way they combined it it's worse.

QFT

There is no "missing" in this game. If you target something, you will always hit it. No matter what.

This is not an action combat game at all, and it has been misrepresented as one. Dodging serves no purpose other than moving in-combat faster than simply moving. There is no aiming skills or attacks.

Add to this the fact that ranged can move while attacking (locked you can actually run away and not even look at your target) but melee cannot (they are animation-locked) and you have yourself a recipe for PvP disaster.

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    Originally posted by bestever
    Originally posted by EponyxDamor
    Originally posted by Arazale

QFT

There is no "missing" in this game. If you target something, you will always hit it. No matter what.

This is not an action combat game at all, and it has been misrepresented as one. Dodging serves no purpose other than moving in-combat faster than simply moving. There is no aiming skills or attacks.

Add to this the fact that ranged can move while attacking (locked you can actually run away and not even look at your target) but melee cannot (they are animation-locked) and you have yourself a recipe for PvP disaster.

The dodge works great for getting out of AOE's and is probably the best dodge out of any mmo. I do agree the lock for ranged is a disaster in pvp but no one was able to fire at me as they ran away they had to be looking in my direction.

Dodge serves absolutely no purpose besides "getting out of the red" faster. It's the exact same system as WoW, with a blink included for every class. You CANNOT use dodge to avoid ENEMY player attacks (other than ground-targeted AoEs like Blizzard from WoW).

You CAN fire while looking away, I've done it. Not many people know you can do it, because it wouldn't make sense if you could, right?... Wrong! You can!

EDIT: The only useful things dodge can be used for in PvP is animation-cancelling, which is an absolutely requirement for melee classes to do in order to stay competitive against ranged characters who lock onto them.