Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking Storybricks' idea and then dropping them is SHAMEFUL

1235»

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Daffid011
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle   

Thats what this entire market is made up of. Every MMO to be made at the point EQN is at, has the same ambiguity. They tell us when they can tell us lol. Heck DGC has been more open at this point then most MMOs I have followed in 16 years of MMOing and following MMOs. Vague is all they can be till marketing says it ok to talk about something in detail and still we know way more then most MMOs at this stage. Never play an ace when a 2 will do. They have many events over 2015 and they will show their hands when it will make the most impact, again, just like every MMOs has to date. Their promise, 2015 is the year of EQN. They said it and now we wait to see what that means in the eyes of DGC. If 2016 rolls around and they have not put their money where their mouth is, well thats a different story. 

Ah the magic generalization of business as usual, everything here is typical of other memos, noting to worry about.  

I don't think any of that applies to EQN, because EQN isn't in the same situation as other mmos at this stage.

After six+ years, other MMOs have already released.  They have already went through closed and open beta testing.  They have already had media blitz to generate attention to their release.  etch etc

EQN has gone into deep silence a few months before its is supposed release and you suggest that is a good thing?  For heavens sale, the EQN podcast is over 32 hours of talking about interior decorating of houses in "another game". 

There just isn't anything normal about the situation surrounding EQN, no matter how hard you try to rationalize it. 

And we come full circle with the doom and gloom lol its negative so it must be true lol

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

And we come full circle with the doom and gloom lol its negative so it must be true lol

... because your brand of negativity based shouting down anyone pointing out problems is ok, because you brand yourself optimistic.  Right?

Be careful while you throw stones. 

P.S.  I state an opinion based on some facts and all you have to offer is running to the negativity card.  Pretty typical defense.

... because your brand of negativity based shouting down anyone pointing out problems is ok, because you brand yourself optimistic.  Right?

Be careful while you throw stones. 

P.S.  I state an opinion based on some facts and all you have to offer is running to the negativity card.  Pretty typical defense.

No, I see the negative and the positive. I have stated what I dont like about EQN and the mistakes I think they have made. I have posted facts on what devs have said but all I see from you and the same small mob is the same negative posts with no facts backing up most of them. And when fasts are shown you dismiss them because they dont fit in the negative box. I have quoted devs but you ignore their words and head right to subjective thinking with little backing it up. You are rooted in hate for DGC and I am not even sure why? Are you a jilted fan? Did they take your lunch money? 

Terry M said very clear in a cast a few weeks ago saying, "We are still making the same game. The plan is the plan. If the plan changes we will tell you when that happens" Yet you insists the game is not the same game. That it must be something else now. Maybe it will be but the devs words are clear for now, the head of the project has spoken but you dismiss that FACT! Are you this negative in RL or just forums? Honestly why do you hate DGC so much that you cant take them at their word till they have proven themselves wrong? What did they do to you that makes you so jilted towards DGC? 

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142

Terry M said very clear in a cast a few weeks ago saying, "We are still making the same game. The plan is the plan. If the plan changes we will tell you when that happens" Yet you insists the game is not the same game. That it must be something else now. Maybe it will be but the devs words are clear, the head of the project has spoken but you dismiss that FACT! Are you this negative in RL or just forums? Honestly why do you hate DGC so much that you cant take them at their word till they have proven themselves wrong? What did they do to you that makes you so jilted? 

I heard those lines repeated so many times I lost count on it and they don't mean anything. Nothing changed when they got new owner. Nothing changed when they fired lots of people. Nothing changed with storybricks gone. It means nothing that they removed their discussion forums on their site.

Action speaks louder than words.

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
    Originally posted by Shaigh

Terry M said very clear in a cast a few weeks ago saying, "We are still making the same game. The plan is the plan. If the plan changes we will tell you when that happens" Yet you insists the game is not the same game. That it must be something else now. Maybe it will be but the devs words are clear, the head of the project has spoken but you dismiss that FACT! Are you this negative in RL or just forums? Honestly why do you hate DGC so much that you cant take them at their word till they have proven themselves wrong? What did they do to you that makes you so jilted? 

I heard those lines repeated so many times I lost count on it and they don't mean anything. Nothing changed when they got new owner. Nothing changed when they fired lots of people. Nothing changed with storybricks gone. It means nothing that they removed their discussion forums on their site.

Terry M made this statement after SB was axed. He was not talking about the company, he was talking about the game. 

Terry M made this statement after SB was axed. He was not talking about the company, he was talking about the game. 

Its not Terry's job to decide on the future of the game, he just has to repeat what his boss told him to say. While it doesn't make him a liar, it means that his words can't be used as facts.

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.

Its not Terry's job to decide on the future of the game, he just has to repeat what his boss told him to say. While it doesn't make him a liar, it means that his words can't be used as facts.

The lead developer Terry M knows nothing about the direction of the game? His word can not be taken into account at all? LOL Ok then LOL

The lead developer Terry M knows nothing about the direction of the game? His word can not be taken into account at all? LOL Ok then LOL

I said that his words can't be used as facts, especially since the actions done by Daybreak shows something different than what they are currently saying. If your boss tells you to say its business like usual, you say its business like usual.

No, I see the negative and the positive. I have stated what I dont like about EQN and the mistakes I think they have made. I have posted facts on what devs have said but all I see from you and the same small mob is the same negative posts with no facts backing up most of them. And when fasts are shown you dismiss them because they dont fit in the negative box. I have quoted devs but you ignore their words and head right to subjective thinking with little backing it up. You are rooted in hate for DGC and I am not even sure why? Are you a jilted fan? Did they take your lunch money? 

Terry M said very clear in a cast a few weeks ago saying, "We are still making the same game. The plan is the plan. If the plan changes we will tell you when that happens" Yet you insists the game is not the same game. That it must be something else now. Maybe it will be but the devs words are clear for now, the head of the project has spoken but you dismiss that FACT! Are you this negative in RL or just forums? Honestly why do you hate DGC so much that you cant take them at their word till they have proven themselves wrong? What did they do to you that makes you so jilted towards DGC? 

What facts have you posted?  You keep going full circle to the developer statements as if they are undisputable facts, which I'm sorry they just are not.  Even those developers will tell you that they can and do change course from what they say.  Further consider the history of SOE developers misleading players with their promises only further disputes what you think are facts. 

Consider "the plan" for EQN has been completely scrapped and redesigned 3 times prior to the Columbus Nova buyout.  Did SOE rush out to inform you of those sweeping changes back then also?  No, so it is NOT a fact that these developers claims  are facts as you keep suggesting.  Sorry, but the facts are once again not in your favor. 

It is funny that you say I'm insisting that the game must be changed.  I'm am open minded to the possibility that some things have changed or will be changed and the evidence supports that.  You are closed minded to that possibility and only have vague developer statements to back it up. 

I may be negative about the outlook of a video game, but you are nasty negative about people who don't buy into your opinion. I'm not sure you are in a position to critique what others may be like outside message forums, considering how often you resort to personal insults.

I don't think you really understand the possibilities of what happened.

First, you are twisting Shaighs words, as you often do.  Read it again before you place words in someone elses mouth and criticize them for it.

Terry is the lead developer, but he has a new set of bosses, who can do anything they like.  Being lead developer doesn't mean he has ultimate control of what does or doesn't happen with the project.  Columbus Nova now has that power and who knows what they are doing.

Then Terry and anyone else in those podcasts is most certainly being told what they can say, how they have to say it and what they cannot say.  Again you act like they have complete unrestricted access to say whatever they want, which no one in that position does.

What facts have you posted?  You keep going full circle to the developer statements as if they are undisputable facts, which I'm sorry they just are not.  Even those developers will tell you that they can and do change course from what they say.  Further consider the history of SOE developers misleading players with their promises only further disputes what you think are facts. 

Consider "the plan" for EQN has been completely scrapped and redesigned 3 times prior to the Columbus Nova buyout.  Did SOE rush out to inform you of those sweeping changes back then also?  No, so it is NOT a fact that these developers claims  are facts as you keep suggesting.  Sorry, but the facts are once again not in your favor. 

It is funny that you say I'm insisting that the game must be changed.  I'm am open minded to the possibility that some things have changed or will be changed and the evidence supports that.  You are closed minded to that possibility and only have vague developer statements to back it up. 

I may be negative about the outlook of a video game, but you are nasty negative about people who don't buy into your opinion. I'm not sure you are in a position to critique what others may be like outside message forums, considering how often you resort to personal insults.

Devs words cant be trusted as a source/fact lol, so I take yours over theirs. Get over yourself lol Thanks I needed that lol. Every time things have changed they have told us and been up front. More open then most MMOs I have seen in development and I have been here a long long time. Ya sorry just no.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081
    ITRSSHAAAMEEMRFURULL *red face, foaming at mouth*
  • movindudemovindude Member UncommonPosts: 127
        They need to rework EQ1 with todays graphics and not change the game rules for the care bears. If they had done this instead of trying to make a better game (there will never be) most of us would no longer be talking about the old EQ1 and instead talking about how great the new EQ1 is  :  )    It works for old movies why not for old games?

Devs words cant be trusted as a source/fact lol, so I take yours over theirs. Get over yourself lol Thanks I needed that lol. Every time things have changed they have told us and been up front. More open then most MMOs I have seen in development and I have been here a long long time. Ya sorry just no.

Point: Actions speak louder than words and the companies actions do not match up with the developers former promises. 

Point: The SOE/Daybreak developers have a long history of misleading their customers. 

You trying to discredit me does nothing to change those issues, but you do whatever you need to in order to keep the blinders on.

History and evidence of the situation do not support you. 

• Fractal_AnalogyFractal_Analogy Member UncommonPosts: 350

The devs have tweeted and casted many times, the game they set out to make is still the same game they plan to make. If they change that plan they will let us know. The plan is still the plan. Only instead of SB working hand in hand with DGC they are going forward from here in house only. They didnt say starting over, they said going forward. Call that company speak but I am a business man and DGC is removing the SB name from their game. Its their AI now. 

As with most of the information you claim, I think you come away with the message you want to hear and not what is being said or pointing to claims that are very outdated and predate the collapse the company has gone through and acting as if Nottingham changed.

All the podcasts are filled with uncertainty and talk about evaluating the projects to see what makes sense.  That is scary talk from a company that used to talk about getting things out soon.  I can't recall so many podcasts that take so long to essentially say nothing substantial.     

If. as you suggest, Daybreak didn't need Storybrick developer help anymore, then either storybricks is finished or the team only has minor bug fixes left.  Why then is Daybreak not pushing the message about how close beta is or how great it is coming along?

The best they can offer is "they are taking the AI in house"?  which means nothing at all.  Saying they are still making the same great game they set out to make doesn't mean they have a handle on storybricks or that it is even still part of the design.  It is press puff speak that is intentionally ambiguous in the hopes that readers will draw their own conclusions that everything is fine, even though that was never said. 

I wish I could read into it what you have, but the lack of commitment and ambiguity just doesn't reassure me.  It all suggests something is very wrong.   

Thats what this entire market is made up of. Every MMO to be made at the point EQN is at, has the same ambiguity. They tell us when they can tell us lol. Heck DGC has been more open at this point then most MMOs I have followed in 16 years of MMOing and following MMOs. Vague is all they can be till marketing says it ok to talk about something in detail and still we know way more then most MMOs at this stage. Never play an ace when a 2 will do. They have many events over 2015 and they will show their hands when it will make the most impact, again, just like every MMOs has to date. Their promise, 2015 is the year of EQN. They said it and now we wait to see what that means in the eyes of DGC. If 2016 rolls around and they have not put their money where their mouth is, well thats a different story. 

And?

A different story from what..? 

I think we all know your green purpose here. I think you'll be ignored more & more since your spewing sushi everywhere.

Point: Actions speak louder than words and the companies actions do not match up with the developers former promises. 

Point: The SOE/Daybreak developers have a long history of misleading their customers. 

You trying to discredit me does nothing to change those issues, but you do whatever you need to in order to keep the blinders on.

Again you lean to the negative and see it through that perspective. I have been gaming with them for 16 year and they have done nothing to treat me well. Sure they have made mistakes as all companies do, they are run by humans. But for the most part their actions have been to foster a gaming community working hand in hand with the developers. Te way they have extended them selves with EQN and Landmark has been groundbreaking. Again, I ask what did SoE do to you to make you do jaded towards them?

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

Again you lean to the negative and see it through that perspective. I have been gaming with them for 16 year and they have done nothing to treat me well. Sure they have made mistakes as all companies do, they are run by humans. But for the most part their actions have been to foster a gaming community working hand in hand with the developers. Te way they have extended them selves with EQN and Landmark has been groundbreaking. Again, I ask what did SoE do to you to make you do jaded towards them?

Honorable actions like "SELL" an expansion to a SWG game knowing damn well that NGE is going live soon.. SOE was more concerned about turning a profit in selling that expansion to an existing game, WITHOUT letting the community know that NGE is already been coded and ready to go.. That sir is deceitful greed in my book and it just wasn't a "MISTAKE" of forgetting to tell the playerbase what they were doing and why..

Why do you continue to attack me in effort to defend SOE and dismiss facts? 

Go to any other MMO and just ask the players their what they think about SOE and see the effects of SOE's "ground breaking" community building efforts.  SOE has a long history of crapping on their players.  Again, don't attack me for stating facts, go see for yourself. 

I get that you have played their games for 16 years and are part of their "core community" members, but your constantly repeating that makes you come off like an apologetic fanboy set out to defend the constant mistakes of SOE/Daybreak.  Which is exactly what that diminishing community has enabled the company to do. 

2005 = SOE 3 mmo with over 1 million paying subscribers

2015 = dozen+ closed down failed games, alpha quality pre-releases that cannot hold more than a few thousand players even without a subscription fee.

That is the result of the "ground breaking" community building efforts.

Which ironically SOE just gave another great example of how they treat their community.

Without any advanced notice or requests for feedback from the community (which is something you constantly insist they do), Daybreak closed the EQN forums.  I cannot think of another company that closes as many forums as SOE does, even for live games, but I'm sure you will find some way to dismiss this as if it is typical of all companies and nothing to worry about.

I'm just not sure how you think this company is going to build a community when they just fired almost everyone involved in community relations and then closed the primary avenue of community discussion and feedback.

Like I said, the companies actions speak louder than their empty promises. 

You are just not ready to see it yet, but you will.

Why do you continue to attack me in effort to defend SOE and dismiss facts? 

Go to any other MMO and just ask the players their what they think about SOE and see the effects of SOE's "ground breaking" community building efforts.  SOE has a long history of crapping on their players.  Again, don't attack me for stating facts, go see for yourself. 

I get that you have played their games for 16 years and are part of their "core community" members, but your constantly repeating that makes you come off like an apologetic fanboy set out to defend the constant mistakes of SOE/Daybreak.  Which is exactly what that diminishing community has enabled the company to do. 

2005 = SOE 3 mmo with over 1 million paying subscribers

2015 = dozen+ closed down failed games, alpha quality pre-releases that cannot hold more than a few thousand players even without a subscription fee.

That is the result of the "ground breaking" community building efforts.

Which ironically SOE just gave another great example of how they treat their community.

Without any advanced notice or requests for feedback from the community (which is something you constantly insist they do), Daybreak closed the EQN forums.  I cannot think of another company that closes as many forums as SOE does, even for live games, but I'm sure you will find some way to dismiss this as if it is typical of all companies and nothing to worry about.

I'm just not sure how you think this company is going to build a community when they just fired almost everyone involved in community relations and then closed the primary avenue of community discussion and feedback.

Like I said, the companies actions speak louder than their empty promises. 

You are just not ready to see it yet, but you will.

Attack you? You mean me saying you are negative towards DGC? LOL thats your stand. You and one other turn every thread into the same topic. You post the same few thoughts over and over I am starting to think you have them macroed lol. If you are upset by the fact you have been called out on that, well, that in itself may mean something =-) Its ok keep posting your hate towards DGC, I will keep calling it what it is. IMO your time would be better served finding a game you do like and go try posting some positive comments for a change lol

Attack you? You mean me saying you are negative towards DGC? LOL thats your stand. You and one other turn every thread into the same topic. You post the same few thoughts over and over I am starting to think you have them macroed lol. If you are upset by the fact you have been called out on that, well, that in itself may mean something =-) Its ok keep posting your hate towards DGC, I will keep calling it what it is. IMO your time would be better served finding a game you do like and go try posting some positive comments for a change lol

When you play internet forum psychiatrist and try to diagnose how I am in real life outside the forums you are resorting to personal insults and you know it.  It is pretty much your method of operation when you cannot debate issues.  Call people liars when they post information.  Call people names when you can't dispute that information.  Rinse/repeat. 

I'm not sure what you think you have called anyone out on.  True I have little faith this company will produce anything substantial ever again.  History and current events support that theory. 

The funny part is you think you are doing some justice against 1-2 people.... Perhaps you need to look around and see that no one is agreeing with your denials and apologies.  Every thread you reference is filled with people who have judged this company on their performance and the current situation they are in and they too have nothing that leads them to believe anything will be different with EQN. 

You seem to be the only person who thinks otherwise... to the point that people are preemptively mocking your arrival in threads with your bag of excuses to rationalize and downplay the problems and belittle anyone who points them out.

Ironically you are the one person who got called out and it was by several others.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    I'm looking toward Landmark and EQN hopefully but do not post much because there isn't much to post about, yet. Any thread here that talks about possibilities or projects they plan either get little traffic, or get turned into pointless arguing over known-unknowns. I'm kind of surprised anyone does post right now that looks forward to LM/EQN. There are better alternatives lol. This will change once solid info is made available.

My point? Posting activity in this subforum shouldn't be taken as a barometer of interest. It's more an issue of environment.