Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allods team.....no thanks

2»

Comments

• RiannesRiannes Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by Arazale

Originally posted by Riannes
    Originally posted by Dauntis
    Allods actually has some genius things in it, I love the spell casting and the races are very well done. Gibberlings are an amazing concept.

Love Allods. A charming game.

So long as you realize what you really love is WoW because almost 100% of the mechanics in Allods comes from WoW lol.

Thanks for reminder. Though not sure if any use.

I love Wow too. Not the Wow of today but previously.

Allods might have some similar mechanics but other things such as their playable races were interesting (atleast to me).

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Allods cash shop was not a big problem until overtime, don't get me wrong they had good idea but some there idea is to use cash shop more and more, like mounts, leveling, gear, items and even more stuff.

The problem came to pvp no way to avoid if want to do pve and hits your best at it, so having cash shop there made it worst game play for many people, right now there still people is not a dead game but they lost so many people after each patch even when allods is under allod team now.

But just hope Skyforge don't end up the same way, want to do more pve? go do pvp but with people who drop so much money in the game to get power, who know they can do a 360% and do better this time, but time will tell if ends up that way, just hope for it, there all ways a way to buy power in a free to play game just end up how much can you stand it.

Even b2p or sub have a way to get power others, is all how much of a push in a gameplay don't want to be part of.

Don't mind my rant or my grammar, as I played allods for over 3 years seen how much control allods had on the game, what was the worst part and the good part.

• ArazaleArazale Member Posts: 348
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by Silverune
    Allods online orginally started off a fun game to play until the cash shop completly butchered it to the point where you could not progress unless you used the cash shop......Lesson learned, Allods team? ....No thanks.....

So a F2P game added content to their cash shop you had to buy? Games are not free, 

Why do you defend this cancer?

Do you really gotta ask?

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Well I dont think content should only be optainable via cash shop but you shouldn't get it easy either. If stuff like tokens for cash shop currency or w/e are sellable then its pretty reasonable and "fair." But again you can't really compare Allods game to the team. Most cash shop decisions depend on the publisher and not always the developer. I highly doubt they will have content like areas cash shop access only but classes/costumes/boosters you kind of need to expect will be via cash shop since its been going on for years and since you play for free its pretty reasonable if all you have to do is farm in game currency to get some kind of redeemable to get cash shop currency and buy stuff. If people still dont think that's fair, that's pretty sad imo.
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749

Well, so far, there doesn't seem to be a reason to fear P2W.

Premium membership will increase the rate at which you gain resources, but it won't increase the weekly cap. Meaning you'll hit the weekly cap more quickly.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by EponyxDamor

Premium membership will increase the rate at which you gain resources, but it won't increase the weekly cap. Meaning you'll hit the weekly cap more quickly.

We don't know yet about the pay to win, they drop it hard more and more cash shop items needed few months after the game came out, and allod team don't see runes as pay to win, when need to drop 30K to get them or spend over 5 years with in game gold if don't gear up.

Originally posted by Robokapp

Great design.

Are you serious? 

Absolutely.

People hit the cap without boosts in about 3~ days in CBT. Many of my friends grinded just to see how long it would take. About 8~ hours each day over 3 days. At which point they can no longer progress, because they get no form of currency or resource from missions.

They have to wait for the cap reset each week to continue.

So far, there's no reason to fear P2W given this current system. Literally. In fact, it's only an incentive to players who play <20 hours a week to pay for membership, in order to keep up with their friends who might play more. If their friends DON'T play more than they do, there's actually NO reason AT ALL to pay for membership.

• ThompsonSubThompsonSub Member UncommonPosts: 147

I will wager there will be a cash shop item that raises the cap.

Skyforge is about repeating the missions again and again so there will be a mechanism to allow players to continue grinding.

Not sure yet how it will affect me or my desire to continue playing.

Originally posted by ThompsonSub

Skyforge is about repeating the missions again and again so there will be a mechanism to allow players to continue grinding.

They stated that wouldn't be the case.

There's a weekly cap designed and confirmed.

You're only allowed to "progress" X amount per week, at which point, the game won't allow you to gain any more resources/EXP. Besides currency used for costumes. Much like energy/stamina systems found in other games, or like labor points from AA. Except they "reset" each week at the same time, much like instance lock outs.

They stated they have no intention of gating it behind a pay wall, or allowing players to gain any more EXP/Resrouces than they intend them to earn in a given week.

Someone care to explain to EponyxDamor that just because a dev or PR team "states" something, doesn't mean they're gonna do what they said they'd do?

Someone care to explain to EponyxDamor that just because a dev or PR team "states" something, doesn't mean they're gonna do what they said they'd do?

I completely understand that, I'm just sharing what's been said. Take it for what it's worth ...

I completely understand that, I'm just sharing what's been said. Take it for what it's worth, no need to be rude about it.

I think the one who should "take it for what it's worth" is you. When a dev promises a f2p game's cash shop won't be to p2w and will be fair...their word is worthless. You wait to see what actually happens, not profess their innocence and act like there isn't a huge precedent of devs/pr lying.

Honestly, the further we get into CBT, the more I see that Allods team cannot be trusted. The "added classes" in CBT2 were all available during CBT1, and many people even unlocked them. A few moderators even bragged about it on the forums! But they still state "adding new classes" when they did no such thing. They also described this game as being action-combat, which it is not -- It is a tab-targeting game with animation-locked skills and on-initiation hit checks. There is no "missing" an attack in Skyforge -- If you can active the skill, it will hit whatever you have targeted.

It's really disappointing to see the Allods team following the same path with Skyforge as they did with Allods Online. So many awesome ideas, completely tainted by a misrepresentation of information and hidden behind pay-walls.

Given the past history with Allods, and their continued misrepresentation of information with Skyforge ("new" classes, weekly caps, and action combat) .. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. =(

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

I imagine they'll either raise the cap on resources or (maybe "and") slow down resource collection so it'll become very very hard for a non-casher to reach the cap.  The reason being, if it's really so easy to reach the cap without paying, why pay?  And if too many people ask "Why pay?", eventually the developer will be forced to address that, somehow.

If the developers have any integriity, they'll attempt to make it still be possible to reach the cap without paying yet hard enough that it's worth paying for, but the line between "too hard" and "too easy" is a difficult one to see in actual practice...

• KaputzyKaputzy Member UncommonPosts: 91

OP called it.

Wouldn't touch an Allods game if it stroked my shaft and tickled my scrotum.

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936

I'm not sure, but can someone link to me what in the wide, wide world is being sold on the Skyforge cash shop that is so controversial?

TY in advance...

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

So ... In RU OBT, nodes in the Ascension Atlas are tied directly to Argents (Cash shop currency) as well as upgrading your items. Yes, you can transfer Credits to Argents, but you are capped on how many you can get per week. You are also able to bypass the Credit limit by purchasing the Argents with cash, or by selling the Argents you've purchased for Credits. Much like the system in GW2, being a player-ran economy.

However, Argents (cash shop currency) are tied directly into making progress through both the Ascension Atlas and equipment upgrades.

Someone who purchased any number of Argents with real money, will always be stronger than you, assuming you both play the exact amount of time as each other. This is because of the way the weekly currency caps work, and how you are able to bypass them with real life money.

You can also speed your Adept missions up through the use of Credits, further allowing you to progress far more quickly and become far more poweful than people who do not spend money on the game.