Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: Top 10 Most Anticipated MMO Releases of 2015

Comments

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199

What a sad list.

Every single game on that list is either a console port of an existing game, or isn't even an MMO at all, except for maybe TWO of them.

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Lol, just 10 years ago it would have been "The Most Anticipated MMORPG in the next 5 Years !"...

Now we're depressed because there's only 2 or 3 significant new releases in THE NEXT NINE MONTHS ! 

Lmao !

Mind you, probably 75% of the people reading this site nowadays weren't even playing MMO's ten years ago...

Ha, except most of these titles are garbage, as have been just about every MMO release of the last 10 years.

• RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Wtf? Three of your titles involve consoles and one is an expansion.
  • Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335
    Originally posted by BadSpock

What did ya'll expect to happen when we've had year after year of high profile, big budget, super-hyped MMO releasing to anywhere from mediocre to downright abysmal performance over the past... about 10 years now?

What I expect is for the next big hit in the MMORPG market to be made by a small but passionate indie group. Something that starts in a niche market but is masterful in execution.

If will happen, the only question is when.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    wow 4 of these are console games, and rest aren't even interesting to me anyway. Dire times.

My blog: image

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Only thing worth a dam on that list is Heavensward FF14 ... rest is cowpies...imo
  • TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311
    I guess X-mas is cancelled for 2015 :(
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    None of those interest me. Looks like my decision to sub to Eve for the year was the right move. Maybe in 2016...

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• sui2ksui2k Member UncommonPosts: 30
    this list .. dunno .. what's about Albion, Skyforge, Camelot, Warhammer i would even put Blizzards Overwatch on the list instead of some Console re-releases.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    How about we wait until an MMORPG actually releases in 2015?  Did this site not learn anything from the 2013 fiasco?  There's enough unfounded hype around here without the editors / mods fueling the flames.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• U-TurnU-Turn Member UncommonPosts: 164

Consoles?  Seriously?  Consoles are not real gaming.

Everquest Next?  Vaporware.  Not happening.  GW2 may be interesting tho.

• NightbeardNightbeard Member CommonPosts: 14
    Cant wait for ESO and neverwinter for Xbox. Console mmo ftw. So tired of sitting at a desk typing when I can kick back in the lazy boy and use built in voice
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    As if 2014 was not disappointing enough with the triple-A titles failing to deliver, this 2015 list is just sad.  Gonna be a slow year for you game journalists just reporting on console ports and expansions.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by U-Turn

Consoles?  Seriously?  Consoles are not real gaming.

Everquest Next?  Vaporware.  Not happening.  GW2 may be interesting tho.

you are probably not the "real" gamer. A gamer plays on whatever platform they choose, not on what YOU think is a real gaming platform. Ignorance is still rampant in 2015? damn......

As for the OP, yeah, console ports are not really releases, just ports. And expansions are just new content, not game releases. Sad list indeed. There are many upcoming mmos that could probably release this year that arent on that list.

• SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329

Non-MMOs,  Console releases,  expansion pack and low-budget mmos. 

LOL

• Maleus666Maleus666 Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Wheres Black Desert? Why the site isnt talking about Black Desert, the best upcoming MMO of all?

Go to hell!

• DelCabonDelCabon Member UncommonPosts: 258

With MMO's sucking wind, this is now the year of the RPG  for me :)

I had Shroud of Avatar on my list but not so much anymore. That may change in the future but at this point I sort of doubt it.

Ill be knee deep in Pillars of Eternity, Witcher 3 and Sword Coast before long.

Del Cabon
    A US Army ('Just Cause') Vet and MMORPG Native formerly of Trinsic, Norath and Dereth. Currently playing LOTRO. 

• will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365
    LMAO at the need to mention crowfall in EVERY article.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Lol, just 10 years ago it would have been "The Most Anticipated MMORPG in the next 5 Years !"...

Now we're depressed because there's only 2 or 3 significant new releases in THE NEXT NINE MONTHS ! 

Lmao !

Mind you, probably 75% of the people reading this site nowadays weren't even playing MMO's ten years ago...

Oh my, no, 2004 held such hope and promise, no comparison to the miserable list we have here today.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2004/01/23/mmo-2004?page=1

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    If those are the most anticipated we are in a deep hole indeed.
  • Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Interesting, I have zero interest in all of the games mentioned by this list... if anything, the Warhammer 40k one might be worth checking out. If these are the most anticipated I don't want to know which ones are the least. Very sad.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    It is a pretty sad state for mmo's this year. Nothing new in the works that looks interesting, and the rest is a few xpacs to games that are so so.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

Division I will get

how come SW Battlefront is not #1, not enough known yet probably

• jeradljeradl Member UncommonPosts: 31
    No Camelot Unchained? What are you people smoking?
  • lunatiquezlunatiquez Member UncommonPosts: 381
    MMOs in 2015 are totally underwhelming.