Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU PC: Where are the players?

5ubzer05ubzer0 Member UncommonPosts: 72

Well, I subscribed today (which was probably overly optimistic) and have run into less than 20 heroes in the starter zones. For a Sunday evening that seems very low population wise. I would have preferred to play villain but according to the official forums, they are outnumbered 10:1 on EU.

Are people using custom chat channels that I don't know about? So far chat has been dead quiet. Where is everybody?

Comments

• 5ubzer05ubzer0 Member UncommonPosts: 72

Well, I made it to level 10 and traveled to the main hub. So far I've seen about fifty players or so. Given how few people seem to play this game, it's awesome that most of them came up with unique names like Killer09, XXXAssassinXXX, something in all caps, and variations of Batman.

If you are looking for a new game, this seems to be the one the 12 year olds play.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

I think this game is more popular on NA servers. Don't know if you can switch to that if the lag is not bad.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

im playing on NA server from EU, lag is okay

got tired of turkish spam, but now theyre apparantly moving to NA servers too, its getting more frequent here also

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

"EU PC: Where are the players?"

Errr... limited time, too many games :) personally I'm in TSW now, with some occasional dabbling in CO (that free cloud travelling power lured me back, and I'm having fun - at least for now...)

Just checked the client for the dates, last time I played DCUO was in last December. Wow. Thanks for the reminder, maybe after the anniversary in TSW will end next week, I'll check back to Gotham, I need something anyways to wash off the memories of that lame series image

edit: wait, nevermind... my mains are on NA too like simplius above. Have a few alts on EU from the time SOE ditched us under P7S1, but I rarely play with them.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

I get the feeling this game is on its way out.

Every time I log in there are fewer and fewer players.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    it's subscription based?

it has f2p option to try it out but you must sub if you wanna fully enjoy the game and not get rofl-stomped in pvp. it has level cap of 30, the main purpose of level number is to give you ability points and a few skill points, you get no stat bonus or damage bonus for leveling, also gears are based on level cap. But i guess those were not what you were asking...yeah the game is mainly sub based with f2p option to try it out.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    BruceYee said:

I get the feeling this game is on its way out.

Every time I log in there are fewer and fewer players.

yea, its almost impossible to find a PUG on the villain side now
    thats what you get , if you only put out new content for the hardcores
    OTOH , you can buy a lot of cheap stuff on the AH, so its not all bad
    but they have to do something, if they want it to survive
  • WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    If you are from the EU play on US servers on the PC

Or buy a ps4/ps3. The game is far more popular on the console.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Wicoa said:
    If you are from the EU play on US servers on the PC

Or buy a ps4/ps3. The game is far more popular on the console.
    May well be more popular on console but it won't help. 

PC/PS4 Cross-Play
    Have you been waiting to do battle with a friend or family member, but couldn’t because they were playing on a different platform? Get ready to save the world TOGETHER, because PC/PS4 crossplay is coming the week of January 25, 2016!

Someone will say if it got delayed - I haven't checked - but sure I recall scanning some patch notes that said it had happened..