Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

such a waiste for this beautifully created game

CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654

before i tell anything... they patch the game alot so everything might change when time flows..

Been playing bdo since launch on korean servers..

Its like playing farcry in mmo form concerning the visuals.. its very nice defo next gen..

but..

It seems that asian companies really like 5 sec pvp..

The game is HEAVY gear based and i mean very heavy... not only that but the RNG on upgrades is real aswell..

TTK in this game..? i think less 5 sec.. thats your pvp right here.. you pvp for 5 fcking secs!! LOL

unbelieveable if you ask me..

getting one shotted by very well geared players is not rare. its like playing on a private server..

Just wanted to share this

Comments

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Hopefully they can "Westernize" the game better than AA did.  Sure a cafe that serves dog meat might do very well in Korea but that doesnt mean it will be a success in the west. 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    Originally posted by Copperfield

before i tell anything... they patch the game alot so everything might change when time flows..

Its like playing farcry in mmo form concerning the visuals.. its very nice defo next gen..

but..

The game is HEAVY gear based and i mean very heavy... not only that but the RNG on upgrades is real aswell..

TTK in this game..? i think less 5 sec.. thats your pvp right here.. you pvp for 5 fcking secs!! LOL

getting one shotted by very well geared players is not rare. its like playing on a private server..

is that 5 seconds for 2 people equally geared fighting? 2 people with tanky/heavy CC characters/builds? or is your major complaint just gear disparity.

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Talonsin
    Hopefully they can "Westernize" the game better than AA did.  Sure a cafe that serves dog meat might do very well in Korea but that doesnt mean it will be a success in the west. 

I think AA was westernized mediocre - I think XL is finally going to make some good changes in April like significantly boosting archeum drop rates which will make crafted gear a lot more affordable for an average player (I am still using all drop/quest gear on both my ACCTS). Also getting full offline labor regen as patron is a change that is about 6 months late but - better late than never.

But back to BD - I know they delayed Russian beta by 6 months - I am wondering what the state of the end game is as that was the biggest issue in Korea.

the drop rate would have probably been fine had they not  borked the economy pretty early with the premature additon of hasla weapons, and poor security. i mean its pretty easy to get high end weapons when you can't fail upgrades then circulate them to friends.

i rushed cinder with 10 houses from a full stable of characters(and founder pack credits for tax certs) and was basically getting a TS tree every other day using alts then grinded out my merchant boat on top of it. prior knowledge from other regions/alpha access...go figure.

long story short ended up getting full sets of Empherium earth leather and stone cloth and ran tanky CC and songcraft based builds mostly. the combat was a lot longer and more balanced at the top end until you hit about 15v15 plus players

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Korean playerbase likes short TTK in PvP, same with grind and RNG.

Heck look at ArcheAge - level 50-55 xp is doubled compared to US/EU. 

AA Level 54-55 in Korea takes 98million XP which is more than all of 1-50 xp added together.

So yeah - Korean playerbase is very different, so working as intended

So I wonder, if the game is designed to please the Korean player base as you say, is it really practical to try and release a westernized version that goes against some of these very same designs, I'm not sure it is.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by Kyleran

AA Level 54-55 in Korea takes 98million XP which is more than all of 1-50 xp added together.

So I wonder, if the game is designed to please the Korean player base as you say, is it really practical to try and release a westernized version that goes against some of these very same designs, I'm not sure it is.

if what he says is true of course...

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292

Oh if they didn't make any changes it would be a disaster in the west.

But again as far as Russian beta - Pearl Abyss themselves announced to the world that RU beta would be dec 2014 - and now it's May 2015 - I thought that they are being overly aggressive with the dates.

I still think that not choosing a western publisher is a mistake - self-publishing might be the death of this game in the west.

I think the real reason for the delay in Russia was not westernization - but lack of end game as was shown by sharp drop in Korea after players hit max level.

I hope that they are addressing issues that Korean players brought up first before releasing in other regions.

They are self publishing because they were unable to come to an agreement with any western publisher. Western publishers would request changes (that they didnt want to support) and were providing estimated returns that were not high enough for them. They believed that they could do it cheaper, and get a higher return themselves. This is not uncommon, has been tried (and failed) with many a game in the past.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

When are western players going to learn that Korean MMO's put all their resources into visuals and PVP and very little into anything the west would consider of substance.

I say this as someone that loves the visuals and typically hates everything else. I've just stopped caring about Korean MMO's. Wake me up when they sink some of their development time into creating actual PVE content of value.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Originally posted by Alders

When are western players going to learn that Korean MMO's put all their resources into visuals and PVP and very little into anything the west would consider of substance.

I say this as someone that loves the visuals and typically hates everything else. I've just stopped caring about Korean MMO's. Wake me up when they sink some of their development time into creating actual PVE content of value.

Over the years I've come to the same conclusion. I almost refuse to even consider Korean games at this point.

• ArazaleArazale Member Posts: 348

But again as far as Russian beta - Pearl Abyss themselves announced to the world that RU beta would be dec 2014 - and now it's May 2015 - I thought that they are being overly aggressive with the dates.

I still think that not choosing a western publisher is a mistake - self-publishing might be the death of this game in the west.

I think the real reason for the delay in Russia was not westernization - but lack of end game as was shown by sharp drop in Korea after players hit max level.

I hope that they are addressing issues that Korean players brought up first before releasing in other regions.

That's because the game(BD) isn't doing all that well even in Korea. It has to first hit its stride in the place of origin before it can flourish in other markets.

Edit: Nvm, you already covered that, i stopped reading after the first three sentences lol.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098

I am not so certain that making changes would have a big impact on its success or otherwise in the West. AA went through a lengthy "westernization" but people still hated on it (in part precisely because of the tinkering by Trion), and I wonder if the "westernization" of Tera really helped it.

Games are more than just products, they are works of art. I think we should stop fucking with the art and just give a good translation and marketing and let people interested in it play the damn games in their intended form. Its like going to say an Indian restaurant,  I don't want some watered down version of Indian food, stripped of the spiciness. Give us the real thing; surely the differences and foreignness themselves are half the attraction.  

• zzaxzzax Member UncommonPosts: 324

Its not worth to "Westernize" any korean games (ArcheAge is perfect example), because to do it well, they would have to go back to drawing boards. Its better to skip them and wait for something designed and developed for western audience.

• Abscissa15Abscissa15 Member UncommonPosts: 69
    I'm coming around to the point where I sadly agree with this. The Black Desert forum seems to echo the same trends. The sad part is that after waiting and watching for such a long time that western release will likely be a disappointment. Similarly I have been watching Bless Online which is scheduled for 3rd CBT in 60 days or so. I hope it doesn't go the way of the wolf as well but it doesn't even have a forum post yet on this site. Waiting & watching ... 
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Originally posted by Pemmin

I think AA was westernized mediocre - I think XL is finally going to make some good changes in April like significantly boosting archeum drop rates which will make crafted gear a lot more affordable for an average player (I am still using all drop/quest gear on both my ACCTS). Also getting full offline labor regen as patron is a change that is about 6 months late but - better late than never.

But back to BD - I know they delayed Russian beta by 6 months - I am wondering what the state of the end game is as that was the biggest issue in Korea.

the drop rate would have probably been fine had they not  borked the economy pretty early with the premature additon of hasla weapons, and poor security.

This this this this....and this.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by flizzer

Over the years I've come to the same conclusion. I almost refuse to even consider Korean games at this point.

I feel the same way about Western games. What was the last good one to come out? Looking at the list of whats coming its the worst I have seen mmos since I started playing 15 years ago. Black Desert looks 100 times better then any game coming from the west and I am not talking about just graphics. If you was not interested in Black Desert you would not be here. Some guy complains that he is getting destroyed in pvp. Go get stronger.

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    Originally posted by Mikeha
    Originally posted by flizzer

I feel the same way about Western games. What was the last good one to come out? Looking at the list of whats coming its the worst I have seen mmos since I started playing 15 years ago. Black Desert looks 100 times better then any game coming from the west and I am not talking about just graphics. If you was not interested in Black Desert you would not be here. Some guy complains that he is getting destroyed in pvp. Go get stronger.

i am actually the one that doing all the destroying.. because im well geared. :)

I am stating in my opening post.. that gear is a heavy factor in this game.. and that the TTK is like 4 secs..

But like i said i hope they adjust it

• DevilSephDevilSeph Member UncommonPosts: 147

but..

SOundd good !! thats normal dude, i nvanilla wow i 3 sec burst down a hunter i nbattleground with fire mage insta pyro ! in the face he fly a few meters on the ground haahah ( 70 vs 70)

In vanilla wow i insta pyro fire burst with 30% bloodlust dps a hunter in 3 sec , aion 7 sec assasin, 5 sec is a lot mate

sounds liek good game

• DevilSephDevilSeph Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Lol , actually i start thinking that this mmo deserves a try when it comes out but with a new desktop computer ofc it looks heavy.when does it come out lol
  • SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329

Working as intended.

That's Korean games for you.   HEAVY crafting / PVE grinds or/and paying a lot of $$$ in order to achieve HUGE PVP advantage.

And when I mean HUGE I mean HUGE.  It's not uncommon for top-geared player being able to take out 5+ players at once that are also max level and just have worse equipment.  Gear advantage in Korean games is massive.