Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List of Action Combat MMO's with a Healer Role

RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451

Hey all, I'm trying to put together a list of MMO's with action combat that also have a dedicated healer role.  So far I've got:

Wildstar

TERA

Neverwinter

ESO

Can anyone add to the list?  Thanks!

Comments

• rainmournrainmourn Member UncommonPosts: 38

Rift is an interesting "holy trinity" game where every character can rearrange their skill trees or whatever the heck they call them (it's been awhile =) in order to tank, dps or heal. So there are many different styles of healing. I really loved the nature based mage type healing, called Chloromancer or something to do with Chloro.

Sorry for skimpy details but I quit playing right after Rift went f2p. But for flexibility in what role you wanted to play, the game excelled.

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Originally posted by rainmourn

Rift is an interesting "holy trinity" game where every character can rearrange their skill trees or whatever the heck they call them (it's been awhile =) in order to tank, dps or heal. So there are many different styles of healing. I really loved the nature based mage type healing, called Chloromancer or something to do with Chloro.

Sorry for skimpy details but I quit playing right after Rift went f2p. But for flexibility in what role you wanted to play, the game excelled.

Rift had some interesting healer options but wasn't/isn't an action combat MMO, which is what I'm looking for.  TY tho.

• rainmournrainmourn Member UncommonPosts: 38

Oops, sorry, I didn't think of the finer distinctions. To me, combat that moves you around, i.e., not turn-based, is full o' action. Ka-pow! :}

There was a game I played a teensy bit when it was in beta, called Firefall, that might qualify as action. I remember it specifically because I wanted to play a healer role, believe it was "Biomed." After learning that ya couldn't heal yourself, I went To The Forums! And wandered away afterwards. But graphically, it was interesting and polished.

Good luck in your search! If something more fitting the category springs to mind (or even trundles slowly to mind, which is probably gonna be more accurate) I'll try to mention it. ^.~

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Thanks for the replies Rain, are you playing anything yourself atm?
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by RollieJoe

Hey all, I'm trying to put together a list of MMO's with action combat that also have a dedicated healer role.  So far I've got:

Wildstar

TERA

Neverwinter

ESO

Can anyone add to the list?  Thanks!

I personally don't like or prefer action, but Neverwinter is a really fun game from the list above (WS too, with the Paths) regardless of the controls :)

For adding to the list, it'd be useful to have a bit more information about what you consider action combat. If it means games with control schemes like Neverwinter, there's also RaiderZ with the clerics (or for some extent Vindictus, though dedicated healing... I dunno).

If it means full action, there's a healer in PS2, but Firefall could be squeezed into this category, as mentioned above.

If your main criteria is "mouse-aim, activate with mouse buttons", there's such a control method in STO ground combat, and in TSW too, like mentioned above. Both have dedicated healer roles and plenty of different ways to play a healer (since TSW is classless, and STO is "semi-classless" but that mostly applies in the space part)

If you can stretch a bit further, I'd suggest AoC for the list too. Regular tab-target mmo, with a cool twist on the combat (combo system, positional damage and shield mechanics), can be pretty action-y. Not to mention it has one of the most fun healers among games out there, the shammy.