Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allods team.....no thanks

SilveruneSilverune Member UncommonPosts: 128
Allods online orginally started off a fun game to play until the cash shop completly butchered it to the point where you could not progress unless you used the cash shop......Lesson learned, Allods team? ....No thanks.....

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Silverune
    Allods online orginally started off a fun game to play until the cash shop completly butchered it to the point where you could not progress unless you used the cash shop......Lesson learned, Allods team? ....No thanks.....

So a F2P game added content to their cash shop you had to buy? Games are not free, they cost money to keep running. How bad was it? Really? Spend a few bucks a month? Or was it pay to win where the more you spent the more powerful you got? 

• HenshinCyborgHenshinCyborg Member UncommonPosts: 15

A lesson was learned yes, if you put in a cash shop and charge for content, you make money. What's more important than making money on game you have put out? Allowing people to enjoy all content for free? Not in this universe.

I did some reading and there is many posts about hating Allods cash shop but in the same threads people are posting they have never spent a dime in the cash shop and have no problems progressing. Watched a video showing the cash shop items and it seemed kinda tame. Something I am missing?
  • toastngravytoastngravy Wizard 101 CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 80

The Allods cash shop was unfortunate but that was the result of their publisher (at the time)Gpotato, not specifically the Allods Team.

Skyforge is an entirely different game being run by a different publisher. Things are different in a mechanical sense and in the host.  My suggestion is leave bias at the door as it does not apply for this situation, which is a good thing!

• UzidukeUziduke Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Also see some post about there support being horrid, should this also not be a concern?

Something Awful this way comes.

Originally posted by Uziduke
    Also see some post about there support being horrid, should this also not be a concern?

This maybe a problem. I submitted a ticket last week Friday AM and I still have no gotten a reply. Shows I have a ticket on their support page. Im wondering how long its going to take. Glad its nothing pressing thats stopping me from playing lol

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

I think the publisher was more to blame for that fiasco. Fact of the matter is, Allods was a solid game with good mechanics, interesting races, and so forth. As long as Gpotato and other greedy publishers stay away, things should be fine. 

Besides, I don't think Obsidian would put their name on a product, then allow something like the Great Perfume Debacle to occur. 

March 11 can't get here soon enough. At least Zombie Army Trilogy comes out on the 6th, will give me something to do for a few days. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• toastngravytoastngravy Wizard 101 CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by Uziduke

Not entirely, as this is a factor in a few things. I've only seen anything about tickets not being answered in a timely fashion start to appear after the announcement of founder's packs. Honestly a wave of tickets could appear for any reason but as I said, didn't see any complaints until after this big announcement. What that leads me to believe is there has been a surge of tickets which they aren't really able to respond to quickly.  It's rather typical for companies support teams to be understaffed until quite close to a games release; Not quite the best but it happens. There's also the possibility of things just not being able to be answered but...I'd have to know what the people actually asked on an individual basis to make that a potential reason.

That said, what ever the case may be with their ticket system I wouldn't worry. They do actively view feedback and the official forums themselves so anything we say can and will reach them. Their support is actually pretty fantastic. An old thing to remember for the future: People who are unsatisfied for any reason are more likely to tell people about it than someone who is completely satisfied. 

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    So then just don't play it.  /thread
  • DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Allods actually has some genius things in it, I love the spell casting and the races are very well done. Gibberlings are an amazing concept.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    I did some reading and there is many posts about hating Allods cash shop but in the same threads people are posting they have never spent a dime in the cash shop and have no problems progressing. Watched a video showing the cash shop items and it seemed kinda tame. Something I am missing?

I can offer a bit of insight on this one. I'm not saying that Skyforge will repeat the same horrendous mistake.

Allods was building momentum and gaining players when suddenly with one patch, the entire playerbase was completely blindsided. Suddenly the game became virtually unplayable without cash shop items that purchased blessings from patrons (which bestowed strength). If a player passed away, items would become cursed and rendered unusable unless an item (from the cash shop) was used to clear the curse. You could protect your items by carrying around a stack of reagents (from the cash shop). Later on they added a way to get these reagents via daily quests, but the damage was done. All the while, studio was extremely deceptive in how they discussed these features, overstating how these were all positive changes while literally every single player that had been playing were stunned. Not sure how many uninstalls of the game happened with that one patch, but I was certainly one of them.

Fast forward to today, they've fixed most of the heinous money-grabbing practices but the game hasn't aged all that well and trust is nearly impossible to regain.

My advice to anyone who wants to play Skyforge, be 100% sure of what cash shop items will be available, how needed they are to play effectively and if the game becomes unplayable without paying. I'm all for paying money in MMO's, but not when they aren't up-front or honest about what I'll need to purchase.

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Allods itself was bloody brilliant, the payment model which was later implemented was garbage - put dont push that on Allods' team, they simply developed the game.
  • JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Looking forward to the CBT coming up.  The game has been getting positive reviews mostly from people who played in the Technical Beta.  I could care less what was done with Allods.  I'll judge Skyforge based off my experience in Skyforge.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Originally posted by ichihaifu
    Allods itself was bloody brilliant, the payment model which was later implemented was garbage - put dont push that on Allods' team, they simply developed the game.

This. Allods itself was very well made. It was a fun game that was fluid and had some unique features like airship pvp and things like that. The payment model in the beginning was horrible when it was produced by Gpotato, but once the team got the game back into their own hands, they made it a little more tolerable. They also had the option to play on the subscription server, which was a flat monthly fee with no cash shop in the game whatsoever. Which is amazing, but there just isn't enough people on that server to physically have fun in the game. Mainly because they almost hide the fact that it exists. I'm super pumped for Skyforge, but I don't know if I really want to drop money on it until it actually comes out, just in case the cash shop is pretty bad.

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    Give it a go. I believe it will be funny game, you know, until Allods destiny hits it too.
  • ThwaiteThwaite Member UncommonPosts: 83

Please don't feed this troll....

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

Allods made Allods online, Gpotato made the cashshop.

Think you are blaming the wrong person :D

This time they work together with Obsidian so doubt it will go wrong there

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Yeah, I remember all that S**tstorm that followed that game's release, the fear of death, the over priced bags, the overly obvious cash grab that ensued and lead to what should have otherwise been a very successful game launch to a very rapid decline from an exploitative business model.

I tried the game and TBH, I really liked it. That is, up until the business model slapped me in the face.

Well, GPot is gone and Mail.ru is running the show now, so, with those changes, how is Allods now? I mean, if the game is doing well, and has some great concepts still going for it, then why wouldn't this team be an asset to develop something else?

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by timeraider

Obsidian only worked on the translation, quests and some of the game design. They don't manage the financial side that's Mail.ru.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by timeraider

Check out there RU Allods under there control, there cash shop pretty much the same, and Gpotato didn't run the cashshop, they ran the customer support mainly, If you check out NA/EU allods now after mail.ru took it away from Gpotato/webzen there still doing the same act as it was under them.

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276
    The allods team isnt exactly blameless. They made the mechanics which were forced upon players to spend money on. FoD/socketing % runes were the two I encountered at the start of the game. I didn't even get to the cursed gear aspect. All wonderful elements designed by who? Not gpotato, but the allods team themselves. gpotato of course didn't make the situation any better by having the cash shop on day one charge you 25 dollars for a couple spaces of inventory.
  • japormsxjapormsx Member UncommonPosts: 51

allods cash shop allows some players to rich uber + 13 gears w/c cannot be attained by non spenders. but its still not too bad,

the worst thing they did was nerf the melee healer to death.

skyforge kinda grows on you even if you dont get blown away immediately. 

• RiannesRiannes Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by Dauntis
    Allods actually has some genius things in it, I love the spell casting and the races are very well done. Gibberlings are an amazing concept.

Love Allods. A charming game.

• ArazaleArazale Member Posts: 348
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

It's because it completely depends when the person posting played Allods. When Allods first started, it wasn't super p2w but then they changed the way the patron system worked in order to actually use the patron system, you had to pay $$, but they gave f2p 1 hour a day free buff and if you were a f2p player, you basically could only play effectively for that 1 hour a day otherwise once your patron god buff ran out, your damage sucked, you got destroyed by mobs even below your level and it was just completely unfun.

Then after months and months, they finally redact the change and made it so f2p had patron without paying like it was before. And later still, they made an even better change where they made a separate server for people who wanted to pay a sub to Alloods and then they had the f2p server which was even less p2w after they made the distinction.

Originally posted by Riannes
    Originally posted by Dauntis

Love Allods. A charming game.

So long as you realize what you really love is WoW because almost 100% of the mechanics in Allods comes from WoW lol.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Most often those who develop the game aren't the ones in charge of the cash shop elements. Putting blame on them and judging a game solely because of it is a bit silly really. The publisher tends to be where such evils come from. 

Allods as it stood was an entertaining game, even if what it did with its cash shop was clunky and for me just made me quit it finding it took me took me out of it. We don't really know enough about how the cash shop will function to really make judgements about this game.