Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Comments

• BagItTagItBagItTagIt Member Posts: 164

As a matter of fact, that puppet was commended by the United Nations as being  "a global champion for children."  I guess I can see its importance (its only in shown on African Sesame Street) though.  It's just such a bizarre sign of the times.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

perhaps you didnt read the article... it said the muppet was orphened by aids, meaning her mother/father died of it. now shes all alone ::L^(::

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• BagItTagItBagItTagIt Member Posts: 164
    regardless...the idea behind it is an honorable one I think.  I'm just surprised that the UN would actually make such a point of it.  But....so it goes...

• DesperadoDesperado Member Posts: 467
    Wow!  Sesame street sure has changed since I used to watch it.  Is Oscar the grouch on crack yet?

"A good man knows his limits, a Great man knows he has none...."

• TranquilityTranquility Member Posts: 171

I think it is actually a good idea. Aids is not a much talked about subject in third world countries. This muppet changes that, it confronts small children with a problem -that is much worse there then it is here in western coutries-, in a way that they can understand. Its allmost forbidden to talk about it in those countries, and this way kids will at least dare to ask. If you think a bit further and stop making fun of it it does make sense.

Do you think small kids will watch documentary's about it ? No and if they do probably the only think they will understand is that you die from it, just like that, and there are more subtile ways you would want to find that out if your parents are dieyng. Young children dont understand complicated diseases, and will never do so if the parents cant or wont talk about it. Making kids aware through something like this might be the only awnser.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Originally posted by Desperado
    Wow!  Sesame street sure has changed since I used to watch it.  Is Oscar the grouch on crack yet?

Lol, i dont think so but Bert and Ernie finally came out of the closet.

• OmolOmol Member Posts: 332
    That is about as bad as the gay reality tv shows.

----------------------------
    Omol da'Ox
    The Blooded

----------------------------
    Omol da'Ox

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

hahaha, very well put together story dude.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------