Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally Banned :)

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Oh, I only got suspended until 2024.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Could've just asked them to cancel and or ban your account as opposed to yelling at a customer service representative.  They have to deal with enough stress with people who don't know how to communicate properly or realize there's a person on the other end of the computer and or phone.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

Sony EQ: God awful direction...CHECK

Trion: God awful direction...CHECK

FUNCOM: God awful direction...CHECK

Electronic Arts/Mythic/Broadsword Games, etc al.: (what ever happened to Origins????) God awful direction...CHECK (though at least they have some unique qualities)

Blizzard Entertainment:  After they put monkeys in Deadmines and created a Kung Fu Panda expansion....God awful direction...CHECK (though gear score pretty much summed up the death of this for me)

Turbine Entertainment:  What ever happened to faction pvp with at least a 2 faction copy clone?  Arguably what should have been the greatest mmorpg of all time and...:God awful direction...CHECK

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See a pattern?  This is why I quit.  The genre is dead, or E-SPort....your call.

I was excited about Camelot Unchained, and then I saw Bainshee throwing their heads at people.  I was excited about Crowfall, and then I saw the Deer Rogue and the Gerbil whatever...sigh.

What a long wait for a grown up mmorpg with complex political factions (ala DAoC) and real world building.  It's going to take a wealthy person with vision who gets to ignore the investors before something memorable that folks will talk about for years will occur.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
  • Shayyd80Shayyd80 Member Posts: 110

Sorry about your poor experience with AoC. I've played The Secret World off and on since it came out. I've had several interactions with GM's and never had a bad experience. They were quick to respond and quick to fix the problem. In one case they were able to respawn a boss in a mission for me that was glitched and somehow made him easier for me to kill and loot what i needed. 

Blizzard GM moderation is pretty much non existant. 

Trion seems to have decent GM's but... poor representation. 

Everquest 1 always had the best GM's.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Dren_Utogi

Finally was able to get myself banned from AoC !

I had a hard time quitting the game cause I really love it, but the inaction of Funcom and their staff to do anything about the hacking in the game jjust nmade it frustrating to play. I still logged in though expecting somethign different but vontinued to get the same result.

Finally just laid into the gm and gave them "exactly" what I thought about how they ruined the game with theuir inactive gm moderation,  that did the trick.

This game has become a cesspool , and now I will never have to deal with it again

As far as supporting Funcom in the future with any games they have, never gonna happen.

/vent off.

In all my years of playing mmorpg, I have only need help from the companies a handful of times.  How do people need so much help all the time?

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by Comaf

Electronic Arts/Mythic/Broadsword Games, etc al.: (what ever happened to Origins????) God awful direction...CHECK (though at least they have some unique qualities)

Blizzard Entertainment:  After they put monkeys in Deadmines and created a Kung Fu Panda expansion....God awful direction...CHECK (though gear score pretty much summed up the death of this for me)

Turbine Entertainment:  What ever happened to faction pvp with at least a 2 faction copy clone?  Arguably what should have been the greatest mmorpg of all time and...:God awful direction...CHECK

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See a pattern?  This is why I quit.  The genre is dead, or E-SPort....your call.

I was excited about Camelot Unchained, and then I saw Bainshee throwing their heads at people.  I was excited about Crowfall, and then I saw the Deer Rogue and the Gerbil whatever...sigh.

What a long wait for a grown up mmorpg with complex political factions (ala DAoC) and real world building.  It's going to take a wealthy person with vision who gets to ignore the investors before something memorable that folks will talk about for years will occur.

i honestly think you are living out of rose tinted glasses if you think mmorpgs were any better back then compared to now and you are just living off the good memories of your first mmorpg. My first true mmorpg was DAOC and I played it straight for 4 years of time alpha/beta 3 expansions shrouded isles TOA and cata. I loved that game as it was my first mmorpg to and I spent way to many hours of a day playing DAOC when I was younger. But with that being said looking back now that game was FOTM builds every single patch, long forced grinds that took you over 6 months to make level 50 and another year to get over realm rank 7 or 8. Not to mention the HUGE power gaps in realm abilities in their realm ranks after a lot of points. If anything games have advanced to stop force feeding grouping up for minimal gains like EQ and DAOC did and thats a positive. Community tools in newer games from guilds and social tools make newer games better for anyone who is not so jaded they cannot talk to other players. Not to mention end games have raids pvp and achievement and story at end game DAOC and EQ had pvp or farm for plat or loot. So Im not sure I follow you at all about the genre growing dead and stale, honestly it just sounds like you are very jaded they havent made a perfect DAOC clown yet with better graphics.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by cronius77

.... So Im not sure I follow you at all about the genre growing dead and stale, honestly it just sounds like you are very jaded they havent made a perfect DAOC clown yet with better graphics.

Agree cronius, it's a bit funny that every group who isn't developing a DAoC clone, is in a "God awful direction" :)

FC: I think both AoC and TSW have the right amount of pvp. Obviously it's just an opinion, but AoC survived WAR for a reason, and the population on PvE servers always outnumbered the PvP ones by far. Still, it wasn't ignored, there's the B&G ruleset, the pvp events, etc. TSW also has its pvp community, and their weight is correlate just fine to the role of pvp within the game. Again, imo.

LotRO: it is the greatest one of all time :) and I don't quite get the "2 faction copy clone" part, the creeps are built exactly that way... (reaver is the counterpart of champ, weaver is LM, warg is burg, blackarrow is hunter and wl is the cappy. And with the later addition defiler is the mini).

And for the record, Ettenmoors was just a side-project, never was planned to have a main part in the game. Which is fine, I often use Ettenmoors as a good example for the perfect pvp setting - a totally optional and ignorable side-feature, like a separate minigame with barely any effect onto the (real) game. So yep, no wrong direction here either, PvMP is fine. Again, imo.

edit: sorry, seems I play too much LotRO, you wrote Turbine and the brain translated it automatically :) so, furthermore I must say DDO's pvp is fine too, optional and a post-launch addition. And for AC, just go with Darktide.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

So I guess the option of just quitting and moving on to something you actually enjoy never entered your mind? that would have been to much like right I suppose.

So instead you bitch and moan to a CSR in an attempt to get banned......hmmmmm....... maybe time to take a break from PC gaming and get some sunshine, or devote your energy to an actual problem.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

Could've just asked them to cancel and or ban your account as opposed to yelling at a customer service representative.  They have to deal with enough stress with people who don't know how to communicate properly or realize there's a person on the other end of the computer and or phone.

Nah some people need yelling at because they are sloppy at their job or plain and simpe don't care.Well guess what,they represent the business they are working for,they had better care because the people paying their wages are the gamer's,once they leave,those lazy ass GM's don't have a job anymore.

I would have to say 99% of the time GM's are just disrespectful in their actions alone.Immediatley they usually start reading you some cue card response they have rehearsed several times over,without listening to a single word you say.I have also had them blatantly lie to me,tell oh yes they are obvious botters we will take care of it.Then the whole next week ,NOTHING those same botters wandering around,they just told me what i wanted to hear but really don't give two cahoots.

I have also had money stolen from my account by the developer and when i patiently and calmly tried to resolve it ,they gave me automated responses that had absolutely nothing to do with my problem.So then i tried calling and lo behold the same idiot response,i was like do you even play the game or know the game  because you don't seem to understand a single thing i am saying.So i asked do you even work for or are you an outside agency?No response,i was like ok have nice day.I contacted paypal told them the problem,they got my money back,NEVER again will i deal with Frogster.

S]Point is before you go acting like there is some innocent person on the other end of that phone,seldom ever,they treat you like a dumbass with ridicule questions,then transfer you 5x and every time ask you the same questions again.A total lack of respect,gamer's deserve WAY better than the low budget GM and support we receive,so if they are  going to trreat gamer's like idiot's they deserve a LOT of backlash.

Name one business that makes you wait days on end?You go into any store,you might wait 10/30 maybe even an hour but you get looked after that same day.Most other businesses don't want an ag=ngry customer,they want you to be happy and give them a good name so other people go there,you don't walk into any business ask for help then they say "we will get back to you in whenever".

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

just sayin guys... but if you can only name reasons why you do NOT like mmos.....

maybe you simply don't like mmos? ever thought of that?

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• teddy_bareteddy_bare Member UncommonPosts: 398

I was excited about Camelot Unchained, and then I saw Bainshee throwing their heads at people.

Dude, seriously? That is what put you off of Camelot Unchained, the Banshee holding her head (I've followed this game since the KS and have seen the Baneshee animation test where she is holding her head but couldnt find anything with her throwing it...)? Even if she does throw it, who the hell cares? I don't understand how that one tiny design decision puts you off an entire game, I mean, it's a huge stretch to say that one test animation is representative of the "direction" of the game, but that's what you seem to be doing....

My man, if you let one tiny little thing you don't like put you off an entire game you're never going to play anything you enjoy. Not to mention that the one animation has NOTHING to do with how the game plays, or what it's setting and atmosphere is like. It seems like the atmosphere is what makes or breaks the games for you since you complained mainly about monkeys and panda's in WoW, deer and gerbils in Crowfall, and your comment about a "grown up" game.

Idk man, nothing is every going to be exactly how you want it unless you make it yourself. But even besides that, it sounds like you enjoyed DAoC (even though it had blue mer-people, goatmen, minotaurs, tree-people, and other weird stuff!?!!?), and I'm sure you must realize that Camelot Unchained is the closest you are going to get to it. All I'm saying is don't be so quick to dismiss stuff out of hand.

• EaglechiefEaglechief Member UncommonPosts: 13
    So wait instead of talking you down and say they are working on it(even tho they are not) they just flat out banned you for a few day just because you used some bad language and expressed your opinion/concern about the game?! Lolz wonderful support method, no wonder they game has been static, they really dont do anything! XD
  • TerribleTemperTerribleTemper Member UncommonPosts: 23

Hey OP

Ever heard of a little thing called willpower? Try utilizing that instead of throwing a temper tantrum and acting like an entitled child, that customer service representative was just trying to do their job and didn't deserve that treatment at all.

You really think you're the only one complaining about the game? or that a CSR would be able to have some kind of impact on the poor state the game is in? Use your head, man...

You made someone else's day harder for no reason other than you were angry and felt like bringing someone else down with you. That is absolutely sickening, to be entirely frank, you need to grow the fuck up and start acting like an adult.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Has it become a kind of badgo of honor to get banned?  I see a lot of people brag about it.  If it is, it is a sad commentary on the playerbase. 

I self identify as a monkey.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Getting banned is not something to be proud of. CSR or GM, they are just customer service reps and have NO POWER to do anything. Treating them badly is pointless. You aren't actually talking to anyone with power. They take the info, then send it up the line. 

I'm a hotel manager. I'd like to explain some of the things I've seen at the front desk.

I once had someone try to leap the desk at an agent because they politely refused to give their money back during a special event sold out date to which they agreed to a 30 day non refundable cancellation.

I had a "guest" threaten to hit of my agents because our hallway bathroom was down and all the rooms were occupied so they couldn't use a dirty one. 

We had one woman stay with us with her little boy. Her kid upended an entire bowl of jumbalya or gumbo onto the carpet and rub it in. It took housekeeping 3 hours to clean it. We refused to rent her a room again, and she started screaming about how we don't have the right to do that, and yelling "go ahead and touch me" so she could press assault charges (no one in our hotel is dumb enough to try to touch anyone for that exact reason) getting right up in my face with her belly touching mine screaming it. I told her to get out and finally picked up the phone to get the police over. The cops heard her screaming over the phone and were at the door in about a minute ready to arrest her. She told us that she had 8 brothers and was going to send them to the hotel to beat us up for not renting her a room and lying about her kid damaging the carpet. 

I've seen agents in tears because of the way guests talk to them. Just last week, we received a call after hours from an agent crying at the desk. The guest went to the room, and it wasn't cleaned properly. Ok, I get it, the room should have been clean but the things we heard the guest saying to our agent over the phone over something that was totally not in her power.... lazy, useless b-word... is just the beginning. The hotel is small and the guest was at the desk screaming at the top of their lungs waking up the entire hotel because they wanted their money back. Our agent offered them their money back and to cancel the reservation but we can refund only by the method that the guest paid and the guest wanted cash back and said a refund wasn't good enough. We had to drive over an hour to get to the hotel because we weren't in town at the hotel. It got so bad over the phone that the guests were threatening to call the police. The police showed up and did absolutely nothing but stand there and watch, then left. The guests decided to sit there and wait and eventually stopped screaming while sitting there at the desk staring a hole through our agent and waiting for us to arrive. When we finally got there, they got a free room, when they should have been booted from the hotel (it wasn't my choice to allow them to stay). 

Personally, I have gotten to the point where I won't tolerate abuse towards our staff unless the staff member really has done something truly horrible like display prejudice, call the guests, names, etc. To the point that I will get right up in the "guests" face about it. 

There is never any reason to treat CSR's that way unless they are being directly insulting and abusive. They don't have the power to do anything. 

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Amazes me always, how one single player thinks they know everything about playing, making, designing, and running todays MMO's.

Well done.  I am sure you were filed under dissatisfied ( insert adjective here) gamer.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

The common thread between all those companies is you the customer.  Other than that they are very different companies of very different sizes and focused on very different parts of the larger MMO market.  I would agree that each of those companies has stumbled in places for sure but each has also done interesting things with their games as well.  I would hardly call it "God awful direction" but it might very well be not the direction you want to see the MMO market go in.

Lets face reality.  WoW's success was MMO's growing up and being accepted by the mainstream.  That required them to evolve and change in ways that a lot of people who remember the market before probably don't like.  It's not right or wrong it's just progress.  Progress is often not a good thing for those left behind.  Just ask the small local grocery store owner or small family farmer about that.  Or for that matter any commodity seller who doesn't have a online presence anymore.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

No you didn't get heard by Funcom.

Matter of fact, they will never hear about your experience because all you managed to do was berate some poor customer rep who is probably only doing that job that to make ends meet. Customer reps deal with horrible people day in & day out, and all you did was add more of a burden to their job.

If you wanted to actually be heard you would've constructed a well versed article on the shortcomings of AOC over the years. Submitted this article to one of the many gamer sites, and published it online for the world to read. Then your years of experience in AOC and wisdom could've been read by the world, you could've organized a small community who felt the same way you did, and just maybe then Funcom would've heard your message.

Instead you decided to take out your frustration and anger on some poor individual to make yourself feel better. So in that regards, congrats. I hope you feel better about yourself by treating others like crap. You're part of the problem, not the solution.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Originally posted by Moirae

Getting banned is not something to be proud of. CSR or GM, they are just customer service reps and have NO POWER to do anything. Treating them badly is pointless. You aren't actually talking to anyone with power. They take the info, then send it up the line. 

I'm a hotel manager. I'd like to explain some of the things I've seen at the front desk.

I once had someone try to leap the desk at an agent because they politely refused to give their money back during a special event sold out date to which they agreed to a 30 day non refundable cancellation.

I had a "guest" threaten to hit of my agents because our hallway bathroom was down and all the rooms were occupied so they couldn't use a dirty one. 

We had one woman stay with us with her little boy. Her kid upended an entire bowl of jumbalya or gumbo onto the carpet and rub it in. It took housekeeping 3 hours to clean it. We refused to rent her a room again, and she started screaming about how we don't have the right to do that, and yelling "go ahead and touch me" so she could press assault charges (no one in our hotel is dumb enough to try to touch anyone for that exact reason) getting right up in my face with her belly touching mine screaming it. I told her to get out and finally picked up the phone to get the police over. The cops heard her screaming over the phone and were at the door in about a minute ready to arrest her. She told us that she had 8 brothers and was going to send them to the hotel to beat us up for not renting her a room and lying about her kid damaging the carpet. 

I've seen agents in tears because of the way guests talk to them. Just last week, we received a call after hours from an agent crying at the desk. The guest went to the room, and it wasn't cleaned properly. Ok, I get it, the room should have been clean but the things we heard the guest saying to our agent over the phone over something that was totally not in her power.... lazy, useless b-word... is just the beginning. The hotel is small and the guest was at the desk screaming at the top of their lungs waking up the entire hotel because they wanted their money back. Our agent offered them their money back and to cancel the reservation but we can refund only by the method that the guest paid and the guest wanted cash back and said a refund wasn't good enough. We had to drive over an hour to get to the hotel because we weren't in town at the hotel. It got so bad over the phone that the guests were threatening to call the police. The police showed up and did absolutely nothing but stand there and watch, then left. The guests decided to sit there and wait and eventually stopped screaming while sitting there at the desk staring a hole through our agent and waiting for us to arrive. When we finally got there, they got a free room, when they should have been booted from the hotel (it wasn't my choice to allow them to stay). 

Personally, I have gotten to the point where I won't tolerate abuse towards our staff unless the staff member really has done something truly horrible like display prejudice, call the guests, names, etc. To the point that I will get right up in the "guests" face about it. 

There is never any reason to treat CSR's that way unless they are being directly insulting and abusive. They don't have the power to do anything. 

This reminded me of an incident I had when I worked the desk of a Hotel in college.

Had a lady and her Kids that checked in late and wanted to go swimming. Pool closed at 10PM but I told them they were welcome to use the pool just to keep the noise down as people were trying to sleep.

So she takes her two brats to the pool, which is outside, and the kids wont get in the pool because there is a frog in the water. Not even a dead frog, but a small frog swimming around in the water.

She asked me to remove the frog from the pool. At this point it is almost 11pm, everything for the pool is locked up, and maintenance is gone home. She asks me if I could get in the pool and catch the frog so her kids can swim. Keep in mind I am wearing dress pants, button up shirt & tie lol. So naturally I refused and reminded her the pool was actually closed and perhaps they should wait until tomorrow.

She becomes irate about me not getting in the water and catching the frog. Complains to management the next day for which I get reprimanded for being mean to a guest.

Not really related to the topic but goes to show that no good deed goes unpunished.

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415

Real Men go Down In Flames in Goodbye Posts.

You only yelled at one underpaid CS employee.

Message Board Firestorms are where it's really at. And since people are so jaded to a "goodbye post" (most people never bother to read them), it takes one hell of a burn every possible bridge, ever, goodbye post to get a real firestorm going.

Funcom: 1

You: 0

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

Unfortunately they don't listen to good opinions cause even they know what is good, they just don't "want" to hear it cause the majority of people tend to want crap and the numbers show it, they don't care about balance they care about catering to the highest common denominator so.....done and done and i'm on to the next one.

Congratulations for your ban, you are a true blue gamer imo, keep fighting the good fight and drop support as soon as the casual rears its head.