Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reviews

Im very new to the site and forums, and therefor dont know if this idea has been posted before but ill give it a try.

I really like the site, and the huge game list is something i was looking for for quite a while. But there is 1 thing i kind of miss in this site. Allthough there are plenty of user comments on the site, many of those are nothing more then simple, unexplained opinions about 1 element in a game. This does not really give a good view for the overall game. Many players try to make a good story of their rating, many more do not, coming with posts like " Just look at the screen shots, BAH FLOP ! " .

Now my idea for a addition to the site is simple. A forum or a similar system as the rating system, but with certain points that have to be addressed there. I mean it in the following. People will have to put a rating to every field you let people put points in in the rating system ... For instance :

Game : ABC

Graphics : 7

------------------------

Character animations are crappy, but i love the way toilet paper rolls off the mountains.

------------------------

Gameplay : 9

---------------------------

Magic system is great because yadda yadda

----------------------

And maybe give acces to this system by people who have at least a 2 star rating (whatever it is) in their forum account. That way people wont just go make a  account and flame a game, or praise it, and people get a generally better idea of a game concept. Maybe it would be cool to have someone of your staff or a regular forum visitor or something filter the reviews (for instance delete the ones who say graphics : sucks .... gameplay : sucks and so on). I know i would volenteer for something like that image.

It could work in a forum too, to just let people post the review, providing guidelines in the rules saying you should adress a few standard concepts of a game (like graphics and gameplay). It would need some dedicated mods though. And it should forbid replying, because replying to it can be made by making your own full review. Wich is better then just flaming the bad parts of someone else's.

I know it all sounds a bit misty, but i hope i got my idea across.

Comments

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

All good stuff.  I think the best thing you brought up is somehow only counting votes from members with some level of credit...even a 10 point rating (this is still one star, but does require some level of activity at the site).

Thanks Tranquility image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.