Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

does anyone else think this would be great on consoles ?

slygamer1979slygamer1979 Member UncommonPosts: 101
i'd love to see this on PS4 myself and the controls for the skills it would make perfect sense to be on consoles.

Comments

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    It would need mouse lock since it's an action based MMO.  If it was something slower paced like Final Fantasy or had mouse lock like ESO then yeh, sure.  However as it is I don't think it will work.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    please god no just no.... its the only non fail game i have left...
  • lunatiquezlunatiquez Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by rodingo
    It would need mouse lock since it's an action based MMO.  If it was something slower paced like Final Fantasy or had mouse lock like ESO then yeh, sure.  However as it is I don't think it will work.

There was actually a mod that turns GW2 point n click into action-like game. 

Left click to use default attack and right click to dodge, I used it actually.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

It's a decent action game for PC. But put it on the same platform that has games like god of war, devil may cry, and ninja gaiden, and it will look pretty bad.

• galphargalphar Member UncommonPosts: 81
    It would probably play similar to DCUO on PS3/4. I know I used a PS3 style controller on my PC for DCUO, never tried it for GW2 tho.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Originally posted by slygamer1979
    i'd love to see this on PS4 myself and the controls for the skills it would make perfect sense to be on consoles.

Or you could just buy a console gamepad and play it on the PC.....this is a PC game, leave it be.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

MMo´s are social games where you interact with oother people trough the means of a keyboard..

Consoles are a no no for me...  on top of that, console hardware can not keep up with PCs and the lifespan of Consoles is shorter then the lifespan of  MMO´s

MMOs play best behind a PC and will allways do so..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    They should do it and bring in a whole slew of new players.
    Chamber of Chains
  • dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

sorry but is a NO for me even high end pc have trouble in the massive people in world boss cant imagine this on console   it will probably explode .

• Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by dadante666

sorry but is a NO for me even high end pc have trouble in the massive people in world boss cant imagine this on console   it will probably explode .

FPS issues aside, I don't think console players would be able to hold a candle against their PC friends. Like every other cross-platform game released in the past 10+ years. You just can't beat the accuracy of keyboard+mouse input with ... welll ... anything else ... 

Controllers are good at things like street fighter, fifa, or racers...on everything else, keyboard + mouse rules. And that comes from a person who has Xbox and considers the xbox controller the best thing since sliced bread, it just can't match my keyboard and mouse in both convenience and reaction time and accuracy.

My best example when I'm approached by such is Just Cause 2. I have the game on the xbox and on the pc

Needless to say the headshot rate on PC was around 80% and that with relative ease. 

I actually died on the console ..... and on pc i just steamrolled through everything

tl;dr - Gw2 has ground targetting abilities. It would take a console player forever to cast such. While in 1 second I cast shortbow #5 on thief at least 2 times and one of those times i usually go up vertically, which is relatively hard thing to do...or well until you cast warrior's whirl, your opponent can beat you up quite hard.

• FourplayFourplay Member UncommonPosts: 216

I agree controller will not match keyboard in terms of speed/accuracy. But controllers have closed the gap susbstantially with the advent of ARR. Key binds can be bound up to 256x on a controller in this manner if devs wanted to get crazy.

For ground targeting abilities, the ps4 has the mouse pad in the center of the controller for mouse functions in your typical mmo.

There is no workaround for typing except use a controller/keyboard dual set-up or support for voice.

I like the comfort of a controller in long sittings. Maybe it doesn't have to compare with keyboard/mouse only?

But if a dev can't make a game high quality on the pc end, with an excuse to ease dev cost by bottlenecking it to meet console graphics for cheaper development. Console shouldn't even come out of a devs mouth. 

• TimesplitTimesplit Member UncommonPosts: 191
    I'm actually shocked it isn't on consoles yet, considering the simple design they went for. It's certainly not a more complex game compared to how GW1 was.