Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO is making me cynical( dont come back and play this game)

2»

Comments

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Ignoring op post, it's gibberish.

Re difficulty, I've sold up to vet 3 so far with a sprinkling of groups for dungeons and the game is just hard eneough that groups of 3 can kill me but easy enough that I can destroy groups of 3 with my ultimate charged, one on one is fine. I'm in green gear. Can you explain in what way is it difficult hellidol?

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Wasn't this thread locked already...?

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    Not a big fan of ESO. Bought it after the announcement of B2P and planning to play after the conversion. If it fits me its ok, if not then again its ok. I ll just loose ~20$. Thats all.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    Originally posted by Wizardry
    Originally posted by NomadMorlock

Everything above is wrong.  Ignore what this person is saying.

Here's why.  

The game needed changes to bring things into balance.  This is one of the players who raced to end game and grinded VR levels with the desire to be more powerful than other players.  Now that they are actually implementing the changes to the game which are necessary and fantastic for everyone, there is a small community of extreme achievers who feel slighted because their power has been brought in line with other players.

These players don't feel that their time put in has been recognized in power going forward.  Bad for them, good for everyone just beginning or returning to the game.  

As many in the community will tell you, in a few days ESO will be in the best shape it has ever been and brings more to the table than any other game out there.

Please do not base your decision on the minority of hard core bitter players (and this is a very small minority of the existing community).

So what your saying is TESO did not plan their design properly and you should trust them in the future?

If a game is so shallow that racing forward means a signifcant advantage,then the game has a poor design,especially since i ASSUME we are talking pvp here.

Most good games i have played with pvo,longevity means more skill and experience from having played more hours.If they put in systems to allow players to advance,then if they take them away or dumb them down,they WASTED those players lives and took their money doing it,so of course that is not a good more by the developer.

You know how you create longevity and a  game moving forward?Sub Class you allow players to level up and skill up other classes,it gives their players more versatility,options and keeps all zones in a game alive,instead of a constant push to the last zone or instances where the world becomes a ghost town.

Lineage 2 did that, and that game is still junk both PvE and PvP.  The Sub Class idea doesn't fly with me.

If you have a decent amount of players coming into your game, then keeping all zones in a game alive is not something you have to worry about.  It happens organically.  This only happens when players get to high levels and the very few new players you have have very few other new players to play with.  If that's the case, then sub classes won't fix that.  Most veteran players scoff at newbies anyways (doesn't matter how you view them, I've played enough games to know that even with a subclass system players often prefer to box their support to PL their subs, or they simply play with experienced guilds and avoid newbies because they don't want to be burdened with having to "teach people" the game while they are attempting to level their subs as fast as possible (twinked subs, in many cases)).

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Here's why.  

The game needed changes to bring things into balance.  This is one of the players who raced to end game and grinded VR levels with the desire to be more powerful than other players.  Now that they are actually implementing the changes to the game which are necessary and fantastic for everyone, there is a small community of extreme achievers who feel slighted because their power has been brought in line with other players.

These players don't feel that their time put in has been recognized in power going forward.  Bad for them, good for everyone just beginning or returning to the game.  

As many in the community will tell you, in a few days ESO will be in the best shape it has ever been and brings more to the table than any other game out there.

Please do not base your decision on the minority of hard core bitter players (and this is a very small minority of the existing community).

Agreed.  Game is infinitely more enjoyable now and will be even moreso after the 17th when you can play it for free.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Here's why.  

Agreed.  Game is infinitely more enjoyable now and will be even moreso after the 17th when you can play it for free.

Other than not having to pay a subscription, I don't follow this logic that it will be mores enjoyable after the 17th.  What about B2P that magically makes the game that much more enjoyable?  L2, EQ, EQ2, etc. didn't instantly get more enjoyable simply because they went F2P.  Aion is even more free than this game will likely ever be, and it didn't get instantly more enjoyable simply because it went "Truly Free."

I can understand the assumption that more people will get the game when it drops the subscription, and therefore lead to a more enjoyable game experience, but that's just a simple assumption.  I thin the chances of people who already have it coming back and staying are a bit higher than more people buying it and playing it, considering most people that are that price conscious are likely to look for even cheaper options (which do exist) still.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Darksworm

Here's why.  

Other than not having to pay a subscription, I don't follow this logic that it will be mores enjoyable after the 17th.  What about B2P that magically makes the game that much more enjoyable?  L2, EQ, EQ2, etc. didn't instantly get more enjoyable simply because they went F2P.  Aion is even more free than this game will likely ever be, and it didn't get instantly more enjoyable simply because it went "Truly Free."

I can understand the assumption that more people will get the game when it drops the subscription, and therefore lead to a more enjoyable game experience, but that's just a simple assumption.  I thin the chances of people who already have it coming back and staying are a bit higher than more people buying it and playing it, considering most people that are that price conscious are likely to look for even cheaper options (which do exist) still.

I subscribe to that age old adage.  The best things in life are free.

Free is always better then paying for it!

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Here's why.  

So what your saying is TESO did not plan their design properly and you should trust them in the future?

If a game is so shallow that racing forward means a signifcant advantage,then the game has a poor design,especially since i ASSUME we are talking pvp here.

Most good games i have played with pvo,longevity means more skill and experience from having played more hours.If they put in systems to allow players to advance,then if they take them away or dumb them down,they WASTED those players lives and took their money doing it,so of course that is not a good more by the developer.

You know how you create longevity and a  game moving forward?Sub Class you allow players to level up and skill up other classes,it gives their players more versatility,options and keeps all zones in a game alive,instead of a constant push to the last zone or instances where the world becomes a ghost town.

This is the reason why after playing so many hours in many mmo's i end up to enjoy more FFXIV & GW2. Both games have an excellent world, where you play in every inch of it, even when you get to max lvl and get rewarded for that. Not only in 1-2 max lvl areas.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    Originally posted by Darksworm

Here's why.  

Did you miss the 60+ pages of patch notes with all the changes that go along with this?

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Originally posted by lycrates

ESO was released at least a year before it anywhere close to being ready. Lets be honest, ZOS wanted to cash in, they didn't care about releasing a finished game with all the feature necessary to keep players engaged in the long haul.

I personally consider ESO to be more of a scam than a real game, and a ton of other MMORPGs have done that same thing. In short, release a game with little to no features, cash in subscription for a few months and then go B2P/F2P and keep a small team of developers to slowly release bits of content and milk it for all its worth until it inevitably dies off.

Does anyone really believe that when ZOS released ESO for $60 + subscriptions, they didn't know that the game had no real features to keep people playing? lol no, they knew that it was not worth a subscription from the very beginning. They were just milking it.

Hey..there's another one with 3 posts.  I wonder if it's the same....  nevermind.

You're nuts guy.  I've been playing off and on for a year with a bunch of friends.  We're only about half way through the launch content.  Don't know what you would consider a "complete" game, but I'm guessing that your max level within 48 hours of launch in most.

I totally agree with him. And its this exact attitude that has caused the decline in MMOs. No one wants to play games that are fun for the first 10 levels, and then the game is hogwash after that. Its like the put no effort into the game. Just impressing us with hype, trailers, and the first hour of gameplay.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Golelorn
    Originally posted by lycrates

ESO was released at least a year before it anywhere close to being ready. Lets be honest, ZOS wanted to cash in, they didn't care about releasing a finished game with all the feature necessary to keep players engaged in the long haul.

I personally consider ESO to be more of a scam than a real game, and a ton of other MMORPGs have done that same thing. In short, release a game with little to no features, cash in subscription for a few months and then go B2P/F2P and keep a small team of developers to slowly release bits of content and milk it for all its worth until it inevitably dies off.

Does anyone really believe that when ZOS released ESO for $60 + subscriptions, they didn't know that the game had no real features to keep people playing? lol no, they knew that it was not worth a subscription from the very beginning. They were just milking it.

Hey..there's another one with 3 posts.  I wonder if it's the same....  nevermind.

You're nuts guy.  I've been playing off and on for a year with a bunch of friends.  We're only about half way through the launch content.  Don't know what you would consider a "complete" game, but I'm guessing that your max level within 48 hours of launch in most.

I totally agree with him. And its this exact attitude that has caused the decline in MMOs. No one wants to play games that are fun for the first 10 levels, and then the game is hogwash after that. Its like the put no effort into the game. Just impressing us with hype, trailers, and the first hour of gameplay.

I completely disagree with him. I'm coming up on first year with no signs of stopping. I may be different that him though. To me ALL pve is boring. All of it in every game. I get out of is as soon as possible. I didn't used to be like this, but at this point in the genre all pve has been done before.

I've been able to play ESO at the top level of the game for a year now with any regard to pve. My friends list constantly has 10+ players online and I'm in 2 400 man trade guilds and another pvp guild. I think it's far to say that the 900+ people in my ESO circle would disagree with him too. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Damn OP if you consider that lying you would never survive being married.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by JJ82
    Did you really have to create a new account to come and tell everyone what we already know? They lied about a ton from the start, why should they have stopped after release? Does anyone think they wont lie more after it goes B2P? Or when the console sales numbers are low? Or when they don't make enough money from the cash shop that they start adding the things they wont be adding now?

Lol..  This is funny.  This has been the most responsive Dev team to player input I have ever seen.  

When you are designing major system changes, you learn things and have to make decisions which are best for the whole game and player base..not a select few.  They have always been very clear whenever they have had to changed direction as to why with the caveat these things were under development and subject to change.

So what you and the other guy are saying is they released a shamble of design .instead of first testing it and taking feedback from this community you claim they listen to?

I am sure they were making claims long ago that they listen,so why then did they release a design that the so called majority are not fond of?

So in essence the OP is correct,they LIE,and if they couldn't get it right the first time  after being such a good "listener to it's community" why should you believe they get it right this time and don't make more foolish design decisions in the future?

After seeing their blatant lies to the world about changing it's payment system,that was enough for me to not trust them one bit.Then soon i see cash shop,that is the second thing that can NEVER be trusted in ANY game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by joejudas

I have been playing this game since launch. I played through the terrible launch and all the bugs...only to be lied to about multiple things: 

They lied about tracking our XP towards the champion system

They lied about releasing content every 4 to 6 weeks ( specifically pointing towards Imperial City, that has been done since last summer and is being held for console.) 

They out right lie about power level and a nerf to gear and progression to VR characters on 1.6 pts

They lied about undaunted levels

They lied about the loyalty mounts being for long time subs only ( they announced the Senche for the Crown store in a different color)

If your thinking of coming back to this game i don't suggest you do. I mean that in t he nicest way i can say it. They are introducing a new leveling system that doesn't properly reward high level players for the content thats non repeatable. The only solution will be to buy cash shop XP boosters...which they already confirmed are coming. This game is going p2w in the worst possible way. I'm sure some people will just flame me for saying this....but i wont shut up about it. The general public and especially the console folks need to know these things. its a shame they over moderate their forums so we cant be critical of the company there. 

Oh, some random guy on the interwebs tells me not to do something.

Does it.

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939

Yeah they screwed a lot of us that was loyal to them. BUT saying that the game is fun and a lot of the changes have made the game better. Like my sig says ESO is a love hate game. They never answer the hard questions and yes they have thrown the ones that helped them pay for the upgrades, fight the botters, fix all the bugs under the bus. Sure some of us are bitter over it but a lot of us are getting over it only because the game has so many positives about it.

But yeah the real loyal ones (not the ones that get to buy time cards and get the same rewards) should feel a little bitter. Sucks to be the small minority.

I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

It B2P soon, I already own the box from launch although I didn't play for long. I have no character above level 15 so nowhere near veteran ranks so the champion system does not concern me yet especially as it will probably be tweaked before I get there.

So, why would I not play a game that will cost me nothing.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

Somehow this type of  "warning" posts to not (come back to) play a game because they feel cheated by the game company but only offer some not too well argumented opinions about the quality of the game or the way the company manages it, only makes me want to do the opposite.

I'm happy to try the game again now it's turning into b2p, if only to see what has changed because I'm interested in seeing what's on the market and how games evolve. If it's still not my thing then at least I've seen what they did to improve but I might be pleasantly surprised, win-win for logging in (again).

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276

Here's why.  

You really are drinking the punch a little too much. They are liars though and he is correct. Remember when they promised people meaningful pvp rewards and we got 42k gold for 90 days? I sure do! How about imperial city? Oh that's probably a dlc now. A major selling point to the game that my guild was looking forward to is now most likely a dlc that will probably not be released until fall 2015. Look at the bright side. ESO won a popularity contest before it had to cave and go b2p. *chuckles*

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

i have to agree with some here to , they did lie quite a bit about things going on internally and promised features. But with that being said I do not find any other current mmorpg out there more enjoyable than ESO and its why I continue to play and have since beta. I remember my holy grail game DAOC for years used to piss me off more than eso did with the stupid flavor of the month builds with each new patch and then the utter destruction of the pvp game with new frontiers and that stupid TOA expansion. 

I think people here get way to pissed off over stupid stuff. Yes they lied about features and didnt add in things promised like spellcrafting and the imperial city but I also honestly think maybe priorities changed over time due to either lacking sub numbers or console release. OP- your account was pretty much just created though and you spew a very bitter warning to players here as your first posts. Most here will assume you a troll and if you really didnt want people to go and play it why give the game free publicity making people curious about it?

• BarelyEinsteinBarelyEinstein Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Sounds like sour grapes, and I can say that before I have a few tart purples of my own.