Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: What class do you plan to play?

Eva-00Eva-00 Member Posts: 5

We already know 9 classes of the 13 that are going to be in this game and there have been leaks for some more (Alchemist, Lancer, Monk, etc.).

There is no need to settle for one class in this game and still lots of time to try them all out before the game officially releases, but as of now what class do you think you will end up playing as (most of the time)?

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I thought Skyforge was going to turn out a lot better,watching that stuff turns me right off.It looks like a typical Asian game from 15 years  ago.The archer is shooting very unnatural and the gunner looked fake as she wielded it around like a paper weight.

The map area also looks real cheap like a square box with some cheap tiles laid down,,i could do a better job in one hour by myself.Bottom line for me,if it looks like a budget game,it is a budget game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• toastngravytoastngravy Wizard 101 CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by Wizardry

The map area also looks real cheap like a square box with some cheap tiles laid down,,i could do a better job in one hour by myself.Bottom line for me,if it looks like a budget game,it is a budget game.

Not to assist in this thread getting off topic from the very first post but to explain this: This area of the game is a training room/simulation area. It's appearance is appropriate and is, well, a general sci-fi holo-deck style room. There's nothing more to add than that. The rest of the world is varied and pretty.

Also an important note for everyone: That video does not show all skills/abilities the classes have as the training room just lets you play around with the basic RMB/LMB combos and a small number of skills. Just so no one gets the wrong impression from specific classes.

On Topic: As for me, Berserker based on concept alone. As the whole "no ability to negate damage, so he focuses on doing more damage" thing tends to suit my preferred play style.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

I thought Skyforge was going to turn out a lot better,watching that stuff turns me right off.It looks like a typical Asian game from 15 years  ago.The archer is shooting very unnatural and the gunner looked fake as she wielded it around like a paper weight.

Archers also shoot reg arrows, shooting lighting is something special you can apply to your skills. Not 100% sure how it works but its not something you do all the time. 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Man you don't like anything now a days image

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

Archers also shoot reg arrows, shooting lighting is something special you can apply to your skills. Not 100% sure how it works but its not something you do all the time. 

let me explain it a bit

archer uses combos for attacks and charget attacks , with regular LMB u shoot normal arrows BUT as soon as u use RMB u charge your bow iwth electricity , and u can start usint LMB to use normal electric shots and charged one thats an effect

next combo RMB > puts u on electric > RMB again > Fire stance , now u shoot fire arrows and charged shoots an explosive arrow shot

• NyteWytchNyteWytch Member UncommonPosts: 53

The map area also looks real cheap like a square box with some cheap tiles laid down,,i could do a better job in one hour by myself.

Do tell when your kickstarter starts then??   image

Poll is a bit hard for me to answer since there are so many unknowns at this point.  Chances are I'd prefer the Alchemist (if it will exist) but will probably start cryomancer and try to get archer, necro and gunner open at some point.  But my game plan could certainly change due to CBT/OBT playtime.  So voted Unkown and hoping on that Alchemist!

• RamlachRamlach Member UncommonPosts: 39

Hard to say at this stage but I went for 'Unknown' as i like the idea of playing classes with a spear/ polearm, so the idea of a lancer class appeals to me.

Until i have seen more in regards to its skills etc it makes it hard, the gunner also looks like fun though. image

• NewnanNewnan Member UncommonPosts: 98

I am looking forward to playing Zerker/slayer/archer probably as my main 3 but I will also play cryo/necro since they also look cool. If I start with zerker I'll be working towards archer first then slayer after.

I just hope their enough content.

Screw leveling games, give me something with "End game" at the beginning of the game.

• ThwaiteThwaite Member UncommonPosts: 83

You do know the state of the game when that video was made right?

• supremoxsupremox Member UncommonPosts: 5
    slayer or kinetic for me.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

Gunner, and Cryomancer

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• StigMikeStigMike Member Posts: 3
    From what I saw in the video/presentations of the game I really like the Gunner class.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Torval
    I'm going to try them all and play several. You can switch between them and level them at the same time. It's a cool system I've seen in other games. It was a little crude in those other games, but they are older and not quite as high budget.

You have the idea! I will also see what each one plays like for a few levels and pick after that.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Got to try them all!
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Totally off topic and should not even be in this thread.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Cryo until I get archer open.

After maxing archer atlas I'll decide on the next one :j

• kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429

Holy moly theres gonna be a lot of Lightbenders ...

I might not be forced into Support role for once! hallelujahhhh! :)

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

• v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311
    I kept switching between wanting to go Slayer and kinetic but i was on the Ru beta last night and check out both more thoroughly in the training room. Thus, i came to tech conclusion that i would be going Kinetic. I really like their concept and the skills they have at their disposal!

Witty & Wicked >:)

• Raziel909Raziel909 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Wow, there is a lot of Necromancer and Lightbenders... interesting, I'm aiming for something new and that is going to be a Kinetic. But at the same time I like a Cryomancer too... We will see when beta comes out, or the actual game.