Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tried to get back into MMOs today: It was horrible

13»

Comments

• VutarVutar Member UncommonPosts: 924
    Originally posted by Uproar
    Originally posted by Torval
    You might try Facebook games. They sound like they might be your speed. You don't have to remember tricky things like usernames and passwords and it's really hard to die. If you like traditional games (card, puzzle, arcade, etc) you could also try Pogo.com. They have an option where you can login with your Facebook account too.

I'd report you for being rude -- but I know it's not a concern here so will probably get me banned for trying to use them to intervene.

I think his post is the experience of many of us.  It certainly represents an average weekend for me.

You may want to try some Facebook games too if his experience is the same as yours. The MMOs coming out these days go over board to make sure they are as easy as possible. If you still cannot handle them, you should probably look into a different genre. This isn't being "rude" as you think, it is being realistic.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,051
    Originally posted by Vutar
    You might try Facebook games. They sound like they might be your speed. You don't have to remember tricky things like usernames and passwords and it's really hard to die. If you like traditional games (card, puzzle, arcade, etc) you could also try Pogo.com. They have an option where you can login with your Facebook account too.

I'd report you for being rude -- but I know it's not a concern here so will probably get me banned for trying to use them to intervene.

I think his post is the experience of many of us.  It certainly represents an average weekend for me.

You may want to try some Facebook games too if his experience is the same as yours. The MMOs coming out these days go over board to make sure they are as easy as possible. If you still cannot handle them, you should probably look into a different genre. This isn't being "rude" as you think, it is being realistic.

HAhhAhahhAH his average weekend is playing Non MMO games and getting upset that they aren't MMO's, then playing a game that is known to be notoriously single player friendly and complaining it forces grouping, then forgetting a password and thinking the emails are too hard to handle, then refusing to play a game in alpha because he has to pay, only to go play another game in alpha that he paid for.... so many... of those "types" I guess. 

• ketzerei84ketzerei84 Member UncommonPosts: 81

Global Agenda: Free Agent

The Secret World

Hell, I hear AoC opened up all classes on f2p now.

Playing: Secret World: Legends

Waiting for: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,968

GW2

Aion

L2

Rift

Tera

STO

TSW

I don't think you just jump into competitive PvP after a long absence without expecting problems.  ESO is in transition and most of their energy is being put into the consoles launch.

I bought Duke Nukem 3D off of Steam the other night for $2.  I am now in retro heaven replaying this game.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,606
    A lot of people who frequent any MMO forum usually feel your pain. Although it seems like you don't really want to play MMO's at all if the difficulty being too hard is a factor, because most vets are looking for the opposite. I frequently resub to games just to find out I have no urge to play them at all. Recently I've been playing a lot of console games just because it's easier to flip between them without a fee, I find Destiny is pretty fun for me. On PC ARPG's have been tiding me over until I can play something I find fun in the MMORPG world, Diablo 3 and Path of Exile have been pretty fun. It's all about avoiding the genre if it's pissing you off, when you come back you can usually find something that sounds relatively decent and try it again.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,606
    Originally posted by ketzerei84

Global Agenda: Free Agent

The Secret World

Hell, I hear AoC opened up all classes on f2p now.

I don't even know why you would recommend Global Agenda at this point in it's life. There is basically 0 people playing it because of the dropped support for patches or any content whatsoever, like every hi-rez game that isn't their flavor of the year which currently seems to be Smite. Although I really wish they would give the game a decent patch and bring players back, even a few so I could play it a little more, it was one of my favorite team based shooters.

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    I actually agree with OP...it might be because I've "been there, done that"....won't put another cent into an MMO....they just feel like bad copies of RPG's....or actions games.   why take the "no frills" brand, when you can take name brand.   I think I might have tired of MMO's.....I like Repop, but it feels repetitive and the crafting is nutz..to the point where you feel it's a job...like Shroud, but the story is dull and questing is also repetitive....grind is overrated because of instanced zones that all look similar...the mmo has died in my opinion...I hate it though...want them to make another...but it's always the same....and maybe that's because it has to be...

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,869
    After playing pretty much all of them, I think it's safe to say I might be done with this little 17 year MMO run I've had. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this conclusion personally....

Currently playing: Red Dead Online, Destiny 2 and MTG: Arena

==============================================================

Played: AA, AC1, AC2, Aion, AO, AoC, BDO, CO, CoX, DAoC, DCUO, EVE, EQ1, EQ2, ESO, Fallen Earth, FFXI, FFXIV, GW1, GW2, Istaria, L2, LoTRO, MxO, Neverwinter, Rift, RoE, Ryzom, Shadowbane, SWG, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, WAR, WoW, WURM...and a bunch of others not worth mentioning.

===============================================================

Joined - July 2004

• Viper482Viper482 Member EpicPosts: 3,234
    Originally posted by UnleadedRev

1) Renewed my ESO subscription, only to see instantly why I left this game, forced grouping.

2) Logged on to my last month of WoW, decided to do something different, try a 2vs2 arena with my vaunted level 92 Death Knight.

He died instantly.

3) Went to try ArchAge since it is F2P.....it aint....deleted!

4) Tried to install EQ2, it wont install and a bunch of folks are all complaining about this same issue.

5) Tried NOSGOTH...its not an MMO...died instantly.

6) Tried to re-install Neverwinter, forgot my username and password...too much red tape to retrieve and gave up.

7) Looked at Albion....huh...pay money to have the honor of paying an unfinished game in unannounced small time windows..no thanks I will wait.

8) Logged onto Shroud of the Avatar...had to create a new toon yet again...did I mention again? Instantly fell thru the ground. Logged off.

9) Tried Dark Souls: Gave up within 5 minutes -impossibe to play without a console pad.

Soooo, any MMOs that are not money grubbing, unfinished, unless you played from the get go you died, boredom fests?

1. Forced grouping in ESO?? I felt it was just the opposite.

2. Someone died in pvp?

3. It is f2p

4. Really?

5. Why is it on the list?

6. Whose fault is that?

7. Agreed

8. It is an alpha game....and ironic that you just said you refuse to pay for an unfinished game.

9. Not an MMO.

I recommend GW2...but something has me thinking you will just come up with some silly excuse about it as well.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member EpicPosts: 3,234
    Originally posted by Randayn
    I actually agree with OP...it might be because I've "been there, done that"....won't put another cent into an MMO....they just feel like bad copies of RPG's....or actions games.   why take the "no frills" brand, when you can take name brand.   I think I might have tired of MMO's.....I like Repop, but it feels repetitive and the crafting is nutz..to the point where you feel it's a job...like Shroud, but the story is dull and questing is also repetitive....grind is overrated because of instanced zones that all look similar...the mmo has died in my opinion...I hate it though...want them to make another...but it's always the same....and maybe that's because it has to be...

I don't understand...if you will not put another cent into an MMO why are you on MMORPG.com of all places?

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,223
    Nope. I recommend going to Steam and finding a nice game that's on sale or less than $20 (games that are several years old should be marked down that much). It's less frustrating.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,051
    Originally posted by Viper482
    Originally posted by UnleadedRev

1) Renewed my ESO subscription, only to see instantly why I left this game, forced grouping.

2) Logged on to my last month of WoW, decided to do something different, try a 2vs2 arena with my vaunted level 92 Death Knight.

He died instantly.

3) Went to try ArchAge since it is F2P.....it aint....deleted!

4) Tried to install EQ2, it wont install and a bunch of folks are all complaining about this same issue.

5) Tried NOSGOTH...its not an MMO...died instantly.

6) Tried to re-install Neverwinter, forgot my username and password...too much red tape to retrieve and gave up.

7) Looked at Albion....huh...pay money to have the honor of paying an unfinished game in unannounced small time windows..no thanks I will wait.

8) Logged onto Shroud of the Avatar...had to create a new toon yet again...did I mention again? Instantly fell thru the ground. Logged off.

9) Tried Dark Souls: Gave up within 5 minutes -impossibe to play without a console pad.

Soooo, any MMOs that are not money grubbing, unfinished, unless you played from the get go you died, boredom fests?

1. Forced grouping in ESO?? I felt it was just the opposite.

Agreed

2. Someone died in pvp?

Yeah thats a weird one.

3. It is f2p

He implies how expensive it is to compete. 

4. Really?

Never heard of this one either.

5. Why is it on the list?

ITS NOT AN MMO. Its on the list like many SINGLE PLAYER games are too. Just cause its on the list does not make it an MMO. Clue in man. Even the guys who run the site have shared that with those of you who don't understand.

6. Whose fault is that?

Its not even a hassle. I literally forgot mine 5 days ago. Had it all back up and running in 5 mins.

7. Agreed

8. It is an alpha game....and ironic that you just said you refuse to pay for an unfinished game.

9. Not an MMO. 

In your opinion it is. You think small games like Nosgoth are MMO's. Im sure you also think League of Legends is an MMO. Maybe you aren't the best person to distinguish which games allow tons of people to play in the same instance/world/game TOGETHER at the same time in the same environment.

I recommend GW2...but something has me thinking you will just come up with some silly excuse about it as well.

• HothloveHothlove Member UncommonPosts: 126

OP I urge you to play FFXI. Get a controller that you can use for dark souls aswell, even though it 's playable with mouse and keyboard. 

The game is soloable these days, but you can group with people later on when you feel lonely and have even more fun. You can pick either so - and - so easy mobs, or go for a challenge pick harder. They all give exp.

There is also FFIV which is newer, better graphics, has some PVP and even easier maybe to the point where it's a faceroll at times kinda like WOW.

But these games offer a solo experience, but unlike most newer MMO they are even more fun with a group of guildies, and hang out and do stuff togther. They are true MMO's.

Also these two games have a sub, so you don't have that annoying cashshop punking you to buy all the time. They also ban people who cheat unlike WOW who gives the cheaters a second chance, a napkin and a biscuit.

Both games have a healthy population but in FFXI you won't meet alot til you get to the expansions.

Happy gaming!

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,179
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid

seems like you dont want to play games, OP. Go for a walk, take a break, do something else for a while. Even non mmos give you reasons to complain for the sake of complaining. Just take a break from gaming.

EDIT: I do agree with the account recovery complain, i have the same issue with NCsoft accounts. But man, you sound burned out of gaming in general.

No, he's like me and want's to play a game that doesn't exist. I hear there are many of us out there.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,634

Can't censor everyone's opinion that hurts our feelings. *shrugs*

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member UncommonPosts: 333
    OP try Darkfall Unholy Wars. Join a clan and have fun!