Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

which server should I make my first character on?

FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I am admittedly one of this game's harshest critics. But for ten bucks? bought. I'm going to give this game an honest try. I value community, economy over combat. So which server should I play on?

Are you sure you want me on yours? Lol

Comments

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

Economy is "real world" based, so there are 3 trading post in GW2: NA, EU and Asia. Basically it doesn't matter, the economy is the same in every server per region.

Then with megaserver, I don't know if it really matters any more which server you pick. In PvE at least, you will be matched with people as required so that the area you are in is always populated. It might matter more for WvW.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Yeah like boss said it doesn't really matter.

Just remember that if you create a char on the NA server you can't visit the Eu server and vice versa.

Other than that your primary server only matters if you want to do wvw.

I don't know about "good communities" - I'm playing on Far Shiverpeaks the unofficial server of the Scandinavians.

Crazy Vikings I say.

Harbinger of Fools
  • Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791

If you are not planning on playing WvW, it doesn't matter

If you plan on playing WvW, go for a server in top 6

Either way, what you should concern yourself with, is picking the right region. There is huge lag increase if you play on the wrong region. (for obvious reasons)

In Europe, Piken Square was the de facto RP server. After the megaserver its a bit blurry. 

Either way, your choice is not final, you can transfer later.

I personally play on Gandara, those far shiverpeaks pricks give us run for our money in WvW *troll to the above poster* we occasionally get each other salty. Fun experience.

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526
    Also there is only one server per account. You cant make different characters on different servers.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Lol so I told my one friend left that still plays this game that I was gonna pick it up for ten bucks, he literally said, "not worth it"

In gonna get it anyway haha! Screw him!