Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elite: Dangerous: Headed to XBox One This Year

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Frontier Developments has announced that it will be bringing Elite: Dangerous to the XBox One console sometime during calendar year 2015. The XBox One version will include all PC content through next week's Wings update.

Check out the special Elite: Dangerous XBox One mini-site for more information and to sign up for newsletter updates.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Ok now that is interesting. 

That deal could easily catapult them way out ahead of SC.

• samurai225samurai225 Member UncommonPosts: 51
    I'm a sony fan but even I find this pretty interesting to see it happen. Though my question is will they allow cross platform play? I mean whats the point when the PC has a bigger community.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Why would a mature game like Elite Dangerous go to the "kiddie" console? Im a PC Gamer first but xbone is inferior in every way to the PS4 , Not a very good move by ED
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Originally posted by buzzard31581
    I find it very interesting as well. I was actually commenting the other day to a friend about the need for a space flight sim on consoles. I'm curious about the controls though since there are so many required for PC that a flight stick or a mouse and keyboard are required. I can't imagine being able to map everything to a controller. Maybe they'll integrate voice commands like some people use Voice Attack for PC.

There are people that play with the xbox controller now that say it's FAR superior in control and experience than keyboard and mouse. Me personally, even though I have a controller plugged in, are doing fine with K&M.

Has it been mentioned if the Xboners will share the same world with us PC people or if they'll be in their own instance with other console players?

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Xbone needed a space sim. No Man's Sky is going to be on PS4.
  • MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424

I hate to say it but any game that launches on pc and then goes to console will never achieve the level of depth or concurrent updates it needs to keep my interest this news makes me feel a bit ripped off.  I find consoles to be..limited from a development standpoint and this move tells me that anything more than an arcade space simulator is to much to ask at this point.

A gamer who wishes consoles would go extinct,

Datastar

• SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Originally posted by SunwolfNC

Has it been mentioned if the Xboners will share the same world with us PC people or if they'll be in their own instance with other console players?

"I’m also pleased to announce PC, Mac and Xbox One players will all share the same overarching narrative and galaxy state. That means even more players contributing to the wars, power struggles and Community Goals across the galaxy."

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=121383