Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vote for Yoda's race.

filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
Ok before you decide think about how this can happen.  We want yoda's race to be rare and powerful.  So how you can do it make it some kind of rare item drop that allows you to create 1 yoda race character.  Make this such a rare drop that you don't see 100 yoda's running around on the screen.  I think this would add lots of excitement for players wanting to attain such a goal.  Please cast a vote let the devs know what you want.
Are you onto something or just on something?

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by filmoret
    Ok before you decide think about how this can happen.  We want yoda's race to be rare and powerful.  So how you can do it make it some kind of rare item drop that allows you to create 1 yoda race character.  Make this such a rare drop that you don't see 100 yoda's running around on the screen.  I think this would add lots of excitement for players wanting to attain such a goal.  Please cast a vote let the devs know what you want.

Wont ever happen. Cant be special snowflakes in mmorpgs these days.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    and why does a playable race have to be rare? If one player can create it, then everyone can too. Its an mmo, and we arent talking about a piece of epic raid gear loot. But its EA, expect it in the cash shop some day.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    To help explain this a bit.  Yoda is suppose to be the last of his race.  Lucas refuses to allow anyone to create lore on Yoda's race or home planet.  They will never allow him to be tarnished by allowing thousands of yoda's to run around in a mmo.  That is why I thought it would be good just to make it rare instead.  It helps keep that rare epic feeling and sense of mystery surrounding him.
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    unless you want a human with a yoda head it will never happen..  they'll only introduce new races that only requires that they slap a head onto the human body.. anything else would be to much work.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

I think Yoda should not be available at all. Keep the character / race special.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

Every single race that this game will have will be based on the current human body model they use for all races. If they took the time and effort to develop a totally new model of a different size (and all the changes to armor, etc, involved in that), it wouldn't be exclusive. They would want to capitalize on that by putting in the cash shop.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    The way they would make it exclusive is to make it expensive in the cash shop.  Even at $1000 I bet they would sell a good number of them.  People don't seem to have a issue spending that in other games anymore, heck there are people spending that on the promise of getting something in a unreleased game someday in the unspecified future.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    To help explain this a bit.  Yoda is suppose to be the last of his race

Not true... Even in the pre-quels series there are at least one more of them...  http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yaddle

But is am still against it due to being night impossible to get good animations on such a compressed frame... Not to mentuon most gear would look like utter faecal matter.

I would have nothing against them as NPC´s here and there

This have been a good conversation

• TerribleTemperTerribleTemper Member UncommonPosts: 23

This is all just speculation, correct?

Or have Bioware actually confirmed that they are adding the race? I'm genuinely curious about which it is, if they have confirmed they are adding it I'm all for it. Small races have always been my favorite to play.

• Homura235Homura235 Member UncommonPosts: 167
    There's no way Bioware would make a new race that only a small percentage of people could play. All the hours it would take devs to create the gear, etc, would not be cost effective. Unless it somehow motivated more people to play in hopes of unlocking the race, but it seems to me it would mostly be current players that would be interested in something like this. Rodian or Wookie would be much better choices, as they are human-like enough that the gear creation wouldn't be as difficult.
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    So how you can do it make it some kind of rare item drop that allows you to create 1 yoda race character.  Make this such a rare drop that you don't see 100 yoda's running around on the screen. 

Have you heard of Farming?  The "yoda token" would be for sale on the AH (GTC or what ever it's called) in hours (relatively quickly at least) of release.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

Originally posted by Konfess
    So how you can do it make it some kind of rare item drop that allows you to create 1 yoda race character.  Make this such a rare drop that you don't see 100 yoda's running around on the screen. 

Have you heard of Farming?  The "yoda token" would be for sale on the AH (GTC or what ever it's called) in hours (relatively quickly at least) of release.

Cuz there is absolutely no way to fix this at all.  Don't be a small thinker.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

1. You will find some of that race ingame

2. Bioware won't do this - all playable characters are humanoids

I don't want to imagine what it's like to create good looking animations for a midget. In the movie they make Yoda fight by letting him do a Sonic style somersault. This is simply out of their league. Hell how often does it happen that the animations glitch already?

-the robe flying upwards and getting stuck

-enemy npcs who are getting getting stuck in their death animation

-lightsaber animation staying until you reset it

-Or my favorite: you interact with an object and instantly start running - your character will press his arms downwards and it looks like a little kid being distressed cause it needs to pee.

After over 2 years the people have forgotten about it but the problems of the custom made Hero Engine are still real.

No way they can create a Yoda fighting style without it looking hilarious.

Focus on story and not stuff that can't be fixed.

Harbinger of Fools
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560

NO, A REALLY REALLY BIG NO!!!

Yoda's race is a very very rare occurrence in Star Wars universe. No matter how rare you wanna make it, eventually after a few months you will see lots of yoda running around in game and it will totally ruin whatever immersion is left in swtor. game is suffering as it is and adding that may bring a lot of attention but again will lose all attention in a few months when server filled with yoda players start "gangnum style" dancing and posting screenshot on social media. 

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    It would be cool, but I don't think it would be worth the effort for the developers. /shrug 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Didn't they say Jedi would be rare in SWG and look how that turned out so no no no NO to Yoda.

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    To help explain this a bit.  Yoda is suppose to be the last of his race.  Lucas refuses to allow anyone to create lore on Yoda's race or home planet.  They will never allow him to be tarnished by allowing thousands of yoda's to run around in a mmo.  That is why I thought it would be good just to make it rare instead.  It helps keep that rare epic feeling and sense of mystery surrounding him.

Lucas sold his rights away.  They already are ignoring him.  What Lucas wants and what Lucas gets are moot.

You want to keep the masses from becoming Yoda, make it a cash shop character race only, sell it for $10K... you won't see a whole hell of a lot of Yodas running around.  If you don't do something like this, every square inch of the screen will be populated by Yodas... it's only rare until everyone has one... then it's just, everyone has one.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

According to the books, at the time the game is set, the Yoda race was the most prolific race in jedi order. 

Sadly because it would have required a special frame be added to the game they consciously made the decision not to add the Yoda race or the Wookie another very common race in the galaxy as a playable race.

If it is not a standard bi-pedal humanoid frame you are out of luck.

Cracks me up how little of the Star Wars lore some people actually know who seem so adamant about how " rare " yoda is, yoda wasn't rare he was just one of the few to survive being hunted down and slaughtered because he ran and hid in a swamp.

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by kitarad
    Didn't they say Jedi would be rare in SWG and look how that turned out so no no no NO to Yoda.

I voted NO as well.

The MMO community has changed too much to allow for something like this...

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    If you allow the race it wont be special and even if you found an effective way to make it both rare and fair it would end up being a huge waste of animation, voice acting and coding. Same problem as with raids that only 2% can get into. Not an effective use of funds. So if it happens, yes, there will be Yodas everywhere. Better to not open Pandora's box.

All die, so die well.

• FlintsteenFlintsteen Member UncommonPosts: 282

I know some people want more races,  but imo more races does very little nothing to improve the game.  Furthermore a small race would have issues with armors and romances. 

I just think development time is better spend elsewhere.

• HardcodedHardcoded Member UncommonPosts: 97

What Lucas wants anymore doesn't matter, it's up to Disney now, and Lucas has about as much say so as you or I.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

I'd rather they didn't, personally.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

Originally posted by psiic

According to the books, at the time the game is set, the Yoda race was the most prolific race in jedi order. 

Sadly because it would have required a special frame be added to the game they consciously made the decision not to add the Yoda race or the Wookie another very common race in the galaxy as a playable race.

Cracks me up how little of the Star Wars lore some people actually know who seem so adamant about how " rare " yoda is, yoda wasn't rare he was just one of the few to survive being hunted down and slaughtered because he ran and hid in a swamp.

I find it odd that this prolific race doesn't even have a name or homeworld.  I think you are imagininig things.  Or you are reading blog stories about star wars that aren't even published?  You got some bad info because SWTOR had to get special permission just to make an npc of yoda's race and its the only one you see in the game.

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Originally posted by psiic

I find it odd that this prolific race doesn't even have a name or homeworld.  I think you are imagininig things.  Or you are reading blog stories about star wars that aren't even published?  You got some bad info because SWTOR had to get special permission just to make an npc of yoda's race and its the only one you see in the game.

That was then.  Since then Lucas has sold off his rights to just about everything Star Wars related.  The new Star Wars movies being done by J.J. Abrahms (through Disney) don't even use a SINGLE idea that Lucas gave them.  They don't care to follow anything Lucas has done in the past.

George Lucas sells off the Star Wars Empire
    Read more at http://www.tgdaily.com/entertainment/67199-george-lucas-sells-off-the-star-wars-empire#pMglCRfIc7UKmE6F.99