Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lf "Co-op" (mmo)rpg

BladinBladin Member UncommonPosts: 1,089

This may seem like a strange request since mmorpgs are inherently multiplayer and "cooperative"... But they.... aren't!...

Basically me and my friend want a game to play, that we can both log in and play together.  Sounds simple?  It's really not.  The trouble is most of the current games lock themselves out of cooperative play outside of dungeons which frankly... are boring with them 1-2 every 3 levels.  Let alone the games are DREADFULLY EASY with two players.  

We want to log onto the game and play with each other and each have fun and be rewarded.  We want to be able to log onto the game and play without constantly worrying about what level the other person is, if they already did the quest or not, if they traveled to a different area.

I don't mind one of us being a higher level after a couple days, but i don't want it to be like WoW where one of us sneezes and we are 20 levels higher with way better gear and basically can either come babysit the other person or just not play while the other catches up.  And I don't want it to be like where we have to play exclusivly co-op or we won't be able to have fun together.

For example,

City of heroes

I could be level 20 he could be level 10.  We could play together.

I could be level 13 and finished a quest chain, he could be level 10, and not started it yet.  But if we were to do it again I could gain credit also, rather then just feeling like "oh yep doing this again, sure wish there was some point for me being here besides the 100 exp from killing the mobs and your 6000 exp from quest turnins.

Comments

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

Gw2 is the only MMO I can think of  where levels aren't that important.  FFXIV to lesser extent because it level syncs dungeons and events, also because you can level multiple classes on the same character there is more flexibility in general. 

As to your question of difficulty no mainstream mmo released in the last 10 years has offered challenging leveling so you're either going to be looking at something very old or somewhat obscure.

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Fallen Earth

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Originally posted by Boneserino
    Fallen Earth

LOL So the OP asks for a Co-op mmo(rpg) and you offer a PvP game.  Bias showing much?  Guess we should know from your sig.

"FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!", actually no I do not want it.

..... and no means no.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by craftseeker
    Fallen Earth

LOL So the OP asks for a Co-op mmo(rpg) and you offer a PvP game.  Bias showing much?  Guess we should know from your sig.

"FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!", actually no I do not want it.

..... and no means no.

LOL, you need to read more of Boneserino's posts. Then you'll see why that sig's there. xD

I also gotta go with GW2 though.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade
    Originally posted by craftseeker
    Fallen Earth

..... and no means no.

LOL, you need to read more of Boneserino's posts. Then you'll see why that sig's there. xD

I also gotta go with GW2 though.

Azaron gets it. image

PvP is optional in FE.  There are PvP areas but you don't have to go there.

Main reason was the fact that you can be different levels and still play together in FE.  That was a big request that he had.  And it is quite possible in FE.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433

ugh how much I miss CoH...so great for co-op. Imagine if they brought it back using the Unreal 4 engine :O....OMG with oculus rift support and first-person superhero flying around the city. DUDE!

But yeah, great co-op MMOs where it doesn't matter if one of you plays a little more than the other...

The Secret World is often highly recommended to couples looking for an MMO to play together

Guild Wars 2 is also highly recommended and will scale your character's powers based on average group level, or something like that

Ragnarok Online is another decent one for co-op, allegedly, never actually played it myself

Achaea is my personal favorite and is fantastic for co-op, theres no instanced dungeons, and even if one of you is level 99 and the other is level 10 you can still group together and be useful to eachother

• isslingissling Member UncommonPosts: 162

I read as more like he would like to be able to run dungeons as will with his friend, not have to find a group of strangers. I would say look into more co-op games like boarderlands and the such:)

Not sure if there are mmos that scale to group size and lets you do the dungeons. I agree I normally group with a friend and the outside stuff is horrible easy, and the dungeon stuff you need more people and group finder is not our thing.

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 606
    Originally posted by NightHaveN
    GW2 has zone scaling. You can be level 80, but as soon you enter a level 10 quest area, you are down-level to 10. You will have a little better damage due to increased skill points, but will not be OP single hit kill anything because you're over level like most mmo.

Also since game lacks a boss tagging, you get reward by participation and loot grouped or not.

When only group counts is with normal mob kills that if I remember correctly they count if you are grouped even if you not reach that mob, or ungrouped as long you land a hit on them.

I'm sorry, but I have to call you out on this one, people CLAIM the game will downscale your power in a lower level zone, and it's entirely true that it does in fact reduce your level, but nowhere NEAR what you would actually be in that zone, I recall hitting level 20-25 or so and going back to a low level zone to help a friend, and I "WAS" 1-2 shotting mobs that would have taken 10-20 hits when I was there.

The issue is the game downscales your power given each level, but not your massive OP abilities you get later on (which you did at least mention) but it also fails to downscale gear, and enchantments, and boons, etc etc etc, so while you may not be full power in lower level areas, your still a demi-god among mortals, even if not quite a downright god.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Kazuhiro
    Originally posted by NightHaveN
    GW2 has zone scaling. You can be level 80, but as soon you enter a level 10 quest area, you are down-level to 10. You will have a little better damage due to increased skill points, but will not be OP single hit kill anything because you're over level like most mmo.

Also since game lacks a boss tagging, you get reward by participation and loot grouped or not.

When only group counts is with normal mob kills that if I remember correctly they count if you are grouped even if you not reach that mob, or ungrouped as long you land a hit on them.

I'm sorry, but I have to call you out on this one, people CLAIM the game will downscale your power in a lower level zone, and it's entirely true that it does in fact reduce your level, but nowhere NEAR what you would actually be in that zone, I recall hitting level 20-25 or so and going back to a low level zone to help a friend, and I "WAS" 1-2 shotting mobs that would have taken 10-20 hits when I was there.

The issue is the game downscales your power given each level, but not your massive OP abilities you get later on (which you did at least mention) but it also fails to downscale gear, and enchantments, and boons, etc etc etc, so while you may not be full power in lower level areas, your still a demi-god among mortals, even if not quite a downright god.

A lot of that is due to your gear. I believe it doesn't downscale it completely, it at all.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/