Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: New MOBA - Call of Champions at SXSW

BMunchausenBMunchausen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff Posts: 400

Austin-based Spacetime Studios knows how to make hit mobile games, and now they're hoping their development team's expertise will raise their new MOBA, Call of Champions, to that same level of success.

The new multiplayer online battle arena, which will be demoing March 13-15 at the South by Southwest Interactive Festival (SXSW), is designed for fast, mobile play and features 20 champions, five classes and lots of social support, including team recruitment and match planning.

“While the concept of the mobile MOBA is not new, we feel there’s significant room to improve the competitive experience, catering to the short sessions in which gamers use their mobile devices,” said Gary Gattis, CEO, Spacetime Studios. “We've distilled the MOBA to its core components by removing things like item shops, minions, and jungles and adding powerups, a five-minute clock, and a full suite of crazy abilities at your fingertips. Add on deep social layers like friends, teams, and broadcast/spectator modes, and there is nothing like it on mobile.” 

For more information about Call of Champions, visit Spacetime Studios' official website.

Comments

• ProblemProblem Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Another MOBA? You've got to be kidding me...

Citizen: Preach your filth elsewhere!

• vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593

Another moba to die!

Dont get me wrong but  against dota/lol?

Realy this developer  need bankrupty to think in alot bad ideas

• monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by Problem
    Another MOBA? You've got to be kidding me...

Right? So tired of everyone making MOBAs now. I guess this is the new shiny thing.

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879
    i like new Mobas by why do they all have to be top down perspective? Can we get another MOBA that has the perspective and plays like Smite please?!?
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    EA is bringing Warhammer 40K moba, it will be like LoL or DOTA2, RTS view and all. 

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Compared to fully-fledged MMO's, MOBA's are relatively quick and easy to make, so we can probably expect to see one or two new ones announced every week for the foreseeable future.

The combination of cheap, quick development and potential million-dollar earnings (think LoL) will be too hard to resist...

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    They should make MORTS with battle arena mode (map) instead of MOBA . The MOBA market hit it limit ready.