Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What on earth happened to this site?

2»

Comments

• InfiniteStrifeInfiniteStrife Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by Cybersig211

Game list is so unbelievably  bloated with every type of game known to man...I mean...Hand of Fate?  Dying Light?  MOBA?

Yup.

I was once an active poster here too but they lose money by not writing cotnent for popular non-mmo games. '

Its the same old story....something gets popular because its perfect and branded for what it once did and now this site is pretty much trash to me.

its a joke that you call your site "mmorpg.com" when much of the content added has nothing to do with it...I simply cant take this site serious anymore.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by greenreen
    Originally posted by MikeB
    Originally posted by greenreen
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Forums are even worse IMHO.  Full of players with the notion that their way is the only way and Subscription Elitist and PvP elitist.  It's pretty much made me go from reading forums 3-4 times daily to 1-2 times weekly.

This site has some issues. I don't know how many times I've controlled myself from arguing with people and boom, out of nowhere I offend some invisible person and end up banned for some time. I'll go months without reporting others watching them say all kinds of ridiculous shit and call people names then once I report them and nothing is done to them. I consider it favorites, what more can you say. 

The moderation bugs me more than the site design because it's inconsistent. I can't count on the rules to be enforced for me but against me so it's difficult to feel like all the effort I put into this place is paying off. I have to be careful posting and can't let loose. It's too easy to offend someone and they don't even have to confront me, they just tattle behind the scenes.  I mean, let's be serious, I make huge posts and I'll bring evidence with me, I'm not a one liner, I can bring the page views and sometimes I think my reward for it is time-outs.

We don't have favorites. I really don't care who anyone is as long as they're abiding by our Rules of Conduct. Same goes for the rest of my team. In any case, if you feel reports you've made weren't handled to your satisfaction or find yourself confused as to why you were issued an infraction by our moderator team, my door is always open. I'll be glad to review anything for you and explain or correct the situation if necessary.

I will say that out of curiosity I've gone ahead and reviewed every infraction you've been issued since joining our community and I cannot say that I disagree with my team's judgment on any of them. Again, if you'd like to discuss any of your previous infractions, shoot me an email at mikeb AT mmorpg DOT com.

Yes I know I've been banned. What I've said is that it isn't consistent for others.
    Never one person that I reported has ever been got in trouble. I said I get in trouble, I'm saying others don't. The last time I reported someone it was because I posted once in an article and they quoted me calling me out. I responded to them several more times telling them back off, I'm allowed to have an opinion that doesn't match yours. I even said I'm not posting to you again, the next post I'll consider harassment. I did exactly what I was supposed to do and didn't respond to them, I reported them for harassment. NOTHING HAPPENED. The incident that prompted me to report was that I had recently got a warning for responding to someone goading for attention. Go look at those records, when I respond to an asshole, I get told to stop. When I report it you don't do shit. The F you post - go read the history ahead of it in the thread. Read the names called. 

I saw you say before email you if you think it was a wrongful ban - guess what - you don't so there's the barrier. If I can't respond and I can't report and get something done, why would you suggest me to bug you personally. You aren't going to do anything because you didn't when I reported. Just admit it - you don't want to argue but you want them to just act like a doormat when it's your friends doing it. Fuck that.

Please e-mail me the next time something you report wasn't handled properly and I'll take a look. I can't look up older reports.  I'm not going to discuss your bans here. If you'd like to discuss any of them, shoot me an e-mail.

• zasdzasd Member UncommonPosts: 45

Yea I agree with the OP, I can not use this site to find MMORPG's anymore, Its so sad. I have been coming here for many years and the older this site gets the less it has to do with MMORPG's. 

• Kirito17Kirito17 Member Posts: 1

go to the game list on the top bar the games are all there is just got more organized

:D

• SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329
    MMORPGs failed that is what happened.

Of course many people will tell you that MMOs "evolved" so that  1v1 or 5v5 lobby pvp games are MMOs too.    Hell even single player games are MMO list nowadays.

All in all it's both tragic and funny.

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

The site is fine IMO but the civil discussions have diminished somewhat with the repeat posts advocating this or decrying that Ad Nauseum that it is no longer enjoyable for me to partake in the proverbial "Carousel".

I still read up on the stuff here though I post much less than before. I find no issues with posting non-Mmorpg content, and enjoy different point of views.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Site revamp will be very welcome. This is one of the worst performing websites I visit regularly (before you say it is my internet, check it yourself with some website test websites). Response time is very slow sometimes. 

As for the content. I can understand why they are looking at MOBA's and other online games too. The lines for what a MMO is are very blurred atm. New games that blur the lines of the genres will keep popping up. What you then include in reviews is entirely arbitrary imo.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by MikeB
    Please e-mail me the next time something you report wasn't handled properly and I'll take a look. I can't look up older reports.  I'm not going to discuss your bans here. If you'd like to discuss any of them, shoot me an e-mail.

Why? The time it takes for you to respond(no offense, it is understandable) usually means the ban will be lifted at that time :)

So far I could not figure out how your moderation system work - posts disappearing without notice, no warnings, right out bans, etc.

However, I can definitely say that whatever your moderation system is, it did not improvement on what one can read here over the years.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I honestly didn't think people actually preferred this site to cover piles of dog dung like Archlord 2 and Sevencore. I'd rather have good games covered vs some trashy mmo being produced or raised from the dead just to make any kind of money before they pull the plug again.