Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any recent MMO with healers?

kinartkinart Member UncommonPosts: 127

It looks like every recent MMO had jumped onto the "action", "no trinity", dps monotony bandwagon.

So i am looking some recent MMO that i can play as a healer. Can you suggest a few? Thanks.

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by kinart

It looks like every recent MMO had jumped onto the "action", "no trinity", dps monotony bandwagon.

So i am looking some recent MMO that i can play as a healer. Can you suggest a few? Thanks.

You can play a healer in ESO, and Neverwinter also has them (Divine Clerics, and in about two weeks from now, Paladins).

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    FFXIV is standard tank/healer/dps, tab target, GCD combat. Two healing jobs, White Mage and Scholar.

<3

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

You can play a healer in ESO, and Neverwinter also has them (Divine Clerics, and in about two weeks from now, Paladins).

Hmmm... TOR is pretty recent too and not mentioned... Azaron is that you or someone hijacked your acc? image

Jokes aside, TOR has fun healers, and I'd add TSW too, it has no classes, but still uses the trinity, so you can be a healer, or a tankish-healer, or a dps-healer, a debuff-healer, etc. And leeching with assault rifles, that's pretty fun :)

• kinartkinart Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Originally posted by DMKano

Archeage Templar healer build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWCoTPhXahI

Is this kind of group pvp common in Archage or an exception?

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Po_gg
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Hmmm... TOR is pretty recent too and not mentioned... Azaron is that you or someone hijacked your acc? image

Jokes aside, TOR has fun healers, and I'd add TSW too, it has no classes, but still uses the trinity, so you can be a healer, or a tankish-healer, or a dps-healer, a debuff-healer, etc. And leeching with assault rifles, that's pretty fun :)

LOL, I think I spaced out there, or somehow assumed that he'd already played it. xD

TOR most certainly has healers, and different variations of them to boot! Sneaky ones with HoTs (Operatives and Scoundrels), Bubbling healers (Sorcs & Sages) and people who fire missiles at you to heal you :P (Mercs and Commandos).

And the trinity is very much alive there as well!

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118

Have to agree with TOR.

The game was over-hyped at release and as a result didn't get enough credit. Along with ESO, it is the only game where I actually love listening to the story.

They seem to have added some of the more requested features over the years and the transition to Free to Play has helped it maintain a nice population. The trinity works very well and you can be a dedicated healer.

A deal braker for me is the fact that there is no cross-level PvE gameplay. I tend to play with my friends, so we inevitably drift apart in levels. This is really punishing in TOR as we can't play together at all. If you don't mind that, go for it.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Conjure is a good healer in FFXIV too if you don't like pet classes or DoT classes. Comes down to White Mage or Scholar depends if you like DoT pet classes or not.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Ya i just rejoined the best class game ever...FFXI lol,not new but it feels new every time i go back because so many changes and so much content.

Fun part about FFXi is your healer can actually do a LOT of things,it is not just a sit there and heal,even his damage can be quite decent.I was actually doing more damage with a Staff weapon skill than some of my dps classes ,so ya FFXI healers are a lot of fun and vary in their play style from each one be it a White Mage or a Red Mage or a Scholar or a Dancer all VERY different.

I have played FFXIV healing is ok at best never felt as good as in FFXI and less abilities to work with as well.FFXIV you will always be playing around the red carpet idea however you will have some of the best graphics in the rpg genre.I still prefer FFXI over any game,the graphics if setup right can be 720p which is plenty good.

The trend now a days is very lame,automated healing,you don't even aim for healing just stay close and do some maneuver and auto heals.Sure i felt some fun in other games like Shadowknight but in the end it felt generic like everything i did for it did not seem to change combat at all.In FFXI you can make rather significant changes with food/gear/items and your sub class and merit points.

The best thing about FFXi that no other game has been able to replicate,you can actually solo some VERY tough fights that were designed to group.There is a reason behind it,mobs in FFXI and the players as well work from TP special abilities.Point is when you feed too much tp to a mob he uses special abilities more often,so a soloer might take forever but sees less special attacks less often,that if say 6 or so players are all whacking at it feeding it TP.

Also in FFXI they have included what is known as Ciphers ..aka mercs.Do a easy quest and start to collect Ciphers that can be used to form a party of 4 including yourself.This allows you to do more difficult encounters as the mercs are actually fairly decent at their jobs.So you could add 2 dps and 1 tank merc and be the lone healer to your own private party.You can actually add more if you are a Beastmaster,you have a pet as well as a NPC fellow adventurer that you can level up and becomes quite good as well,so in reality you can form a full team by your self.

EVERY single day there are small groups of people or a few soloers looking to team up and form a group to do some leveling,so if you prefer real players over mercs,that option is still viable,you just have to ask and usually players accept to party up.

Bottom line is that FFXI does EVERYTHING,it caters to everyone"EXCEPT PVP of course" with 22 classes there is a ton of choice in how you like to play.With the sub class system you can mix and match 2 classes to become more versatile and there can be some really good combinations.However i mention the game does not cater to pvp,it actually has a solid pvp design that takes place right out in the open,it is just that nobody wants to pvp in a good rpg.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I like my white mage in FFXIV ARR. The scholar has an interesting twist to healing try them both.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

The Secret World is based on the standard tank - DPS - healer trinity.

The game is classles in the sense that you don't pick a class for your character, but you still use a role between those, or a hybrid of the three. You can have 2 different weapons/magic focus active at a time, when you "level up" instead of levels you earn ability points which you can use to buy abilities on a weapon skill tree (or on one of the 3 tanking/DPS/healing trees), then you can select up to 7 active (activated in your hotbar) and 7 passive abilities (always active, or activate depending on something happening).

Each weapon type has two skill trees, one is a DPS tree so you could use any weapon type for DPS, and a secondary one that has a specific role for each weapon (healing, support or survivability). Fist weapons, assault rifles and blood magic are usually used as healing weapons, usually paired with pistols (support) for cleanses.

In general there is a classic trinity in TSW, and each character fulfills a specific role within groups or alone, but you're not locked to that role with a particular character. Your "class" is entirely dependent on the gear, weapons and abilities you have equipped, so you could go from a full fledged healer to a tank just be selecting a different build and having the gear needed in your inventory.

What can men do against such reckless hate?