Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else who can`t wait for 1.6?

alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264

It fixes a lot of the problems that forced me to quit like no variety in builds, adds some more grind via champ points(ok for me, something to look forward to when at max level, changes most skills into something that makes more sense, no more melee range skill that uses magicka for damage and physical crit for critical change... and i could go on.

My only problem is that it will only land on 17th of March, more than a month from now.... but other that that it looks pretty good.

Oh and it also launches the B2P system then... from what i can see so far the cash shop only has cosmetic items in it while the sub only gives 10% more xp/gold/whatever, nothing really major doubt anyone will go all P2W rage over a crappy 10% that in the end gives nothing for an endgame character, only makes it get there 10% faster but since the game is not new, it does not matter.

Move faster ZENIMAX! :-)

Comments

• BorlucBorluc Member UncommonPosts: 255
    I'm looking forward to all changes.  I'm turned off a bit by BTP and the lack of the full justice system.   Overall I think I may play again though.  Like most of us here I have a passion for mmorpgs.  The pool has been stagnant but the changes to ESo are refreshing.  Not just mild tweaking but adding some persistence to the world.   Guess we'll see how it turns out. 
  • gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    I'm so excited that i renewed my sub after leaving for 7 months, just to play through the stuff i missed in this time. The game really improved vastly.

Hodor!

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

If 1.6 does in fact:

(1) Increase the number of viable play styles (classes, builds, armor types, weapons) for both pve and pvp;

(2) Do something for the pvp people and Cyrodiil to make it more ... something...Fix nightcapping faction imbalance and get rid of buff servers (?)

(3) Make it so pvp players don't need to do pve content to be competitive in pvp (Undaunted dailies and trials, etc.)

I will happily come back.

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by d_20

If 1.6 does in fact:

(1) Increase the number of viable play styles (classes, builds, armor types, weapons) for both pve and pvp;

(2) Do something for the pvp people and Cyrodiil to make it more ... something...Fix nightcapping faction imbalance and get rid of buff servers (?)

(3) Make it so pvp players don't need to do pve content to be competitive in pvp (Undaunted dailies and trials, etc.)

I will happily come back.

I think they are increasing the number of viable classes with DK nerfs and bringing the dps in line for templars and so on...

As for the rest, ESO in more of a PvE game with some PvP... don`t think its high on their list to make it so you don`t need to do ANY pve. And let`s face it a MMO PvP is never balanced unless you give everyone the same gear or no stat gear... basically the fact that there are levels and different tier gear and all that is against the concept of a balanced PvP

Then again i think some PvP players prefer it that way as long as they are fully geared and using the unbalanced(OP) class to destroy lower level players...

Either way they are revamping most abilities... mostly for balance in PvE but some are clearly revamped for PvP.... it should change the balance and from what i can tell even the playing field a bit.

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

Does anyone know, or have they already talked about what happens to max lvl items? Will there be different "tiers" afterwards just like the present v5 equipment, v12 etc...

What items will drop in the different veteran dungeons or trials? What will happen to "old" items with veteran level restrictions on them?

Hodor!

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by gwei1984

Does anyone know, or have they already talked about what happens to max lvl items? Will there be different "tiers" afterwards just like the present v5 equipment, v12 etc...

What items will drop in the different veteran dungeons or trials? What will happen to "old" items with veteran level restrictions on them?

Has anyone talked? Yes, Paul Sage in a (very long) podcast last week. Does anyone know? No.

In the podcast Paul Sage confirmed that VR levels will be present in March and probably present in June as well. (It almost sounded like a "polished / bug squashed version of 1.6 would be the console release.)

And one of the reasons for this was that changing VR items is a huge job. 

As they were aiming to finish the CS and Justice systems prior to the console launch we can probably assume that they didn't anticipate the sixe of the task. So ...... we don't know. Could they "scrap" the items on the console version maybe - doesn't help PC players but as it stands they are releasing a console version that was slated to be removed. 

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by gervaise1
    Originally posted by gwei1984

Has anyone talked? Yes, Paul Sage in a (very long) podcast last week. Does anyone know? No.

In the podcast Paul Sage confirmed that VR levels will be present in March and probably present in June as well. (It almost sounded like a "polished / bug squashed version of 1.6 would be the console release.)

And one of the reasons for this was that changing VR items is a huge job. 

As they were aiming to finish the CS and Justice systems prior to the console launch we can probably assume that they didn't anticipate the sixe of the task. So ...... we don't know. Could they "scrap" the items on the console version maybe - doesn't help PC players but as it stands they are releasing a console version that was slated to be removed. 

I'm getting the impression that they are slowly backing away from the removal of VR levels. It's not a matter of them "probably" being present in June, they will be present in June.

Keep your eyes on whether the console version includes or doesn't include VR levels. If it does, then you can expect an announcement saying that the Champion System works well together with veteran as a second post-50 progression that also buffs any pre-50 characters you have. I'm betting that the consoles will launch with the VR system in place.

And I'm not just going by what Sage said in that podcast. I've been playing exclusively in the PTS since they put 1.6 there. There are a lot of changes to abilities for every class. It is a massive change and reflects a hell of a lot of work to balance content incorporating the CP system. They have done nothing to the Caldwell silver and gold content to tone it down in any way in preparation for removal of VR levels. There is absolutely nothing in this wholesale refresh of the game that points to the eventual removal of them.

Can they do another whole re-balance pass to get rid of it? Sure, anything's possible. But it would also be another massive change that the PC players would understand as just doing something that was announced a long time ago. But how would their new batch of console customers look at such a massive change coming so soon after they first start playing the game? It would look pretty wishy-washy and weird to them.

As to when 1.6 will go live... they've already said (and showed during the first week) that 1.6 can go live with the Crown Store turned off. The PTS is down for maintenance and when it comes back up they'll have 1.62, the second set of tweaks up. It's already almost completely debugged and now they're just adjusting ability balance issues (expect yet another change to the Sorcerer's surge ability - probably a removal of the time limits.) It could be on live by next week. 

EDIT: never mind about next week, They've announced that with 1.62 NA gets our characters copied and that next week EU will get theirs copied... so it looks like 2 more weeks at least.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    I'm looking forward to it! I started playing on release then quit after about 3 weeks. Started back up about a month later and played for a couple more weeks. I want to just see what the new payment model is like and try all the new changes out!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

As Iselin said. Probably is what Paul Sage said but, tbh, the way he put it he may as well have said no.

So factor in the "usually around 3 weeks" for MS / Sony to do console verification and I think 1.6 is - essentially - it until June; a few tweaks but basically the console release. 

So what of future content? I agree with Iselin that they won't want to do a wholesale change (shortly after it has released on console) so will they put further CS and J work on the back burner and focus on.....? My gut feel would be some paid DLC but .....?

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    I have the client installed, waiting patiently.  
    I think your gut feel is right. Top priority for them after console launch will be releasing Wrothgar as DLC, This is the zone that was originally announced as a VR solo zone but now will be coming out as a totally scalable level 3-VR14 zone where your character gets scaled up/down to the content level... just like they've said all of their new DLC will be.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472

I can't wait!!  I'm SO excited!  I just came back a month ago and I think the game is WAY better than the beta and first 3 months that I played.

TESO is the best mmo of all right now!

Sz  :o)

• PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131

currently i am so extremly bored of this game that i just play something else until 1.6

i parked 3 characters at Veteran Level 1-3 because i have no clue what will happen.

i am not even sure if i ever return mid march, the boredom probaly wont go away with 1.6

p.s even with 3 veterans i still hate the stupid 5 Hotkeys x 2. i will never get used to have so many skills/powers and be able to use only 2x5 out of them all. The switchable hotbar sucks badly... at least make it 1 x 10 instead of 2x5

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Pongping

currently i am so extremly bored of this game that i just play something else until 1.6

i parked 3 characters at Veteran Level 1-3 because i have no clue what will happen.

i am not even sure if i ever return mid march, the boredom probaly wont go away with 1.6

p.s even with 3 veterans i still hate the stupid 5 Hotkeys x 2. i will never get used to have so many skills/powers and be able to use only 2x5 out of them all. The switchable hotbar sucks badly... at least make it 1 x 10 instead of 2x5

you are just full of misinformation today. Its 6 skills including the ultimate..or (5+1) x 2= 12. 

There Is Always Hope!

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    either way he does have a point though. Some classes for example like the sorc have way to many toggles to really play their class effectively and 5 skill slots and a ultimate do not work with so many skills plus if they add in spellcraft thats even more skills that will end up not being used or traded. While Im all for limited hotbars to make you choose a build I find ESO to really be in desperate need of at least 1 or 2 more skill slots. Weapon swapping works okay but some skills do remove themselves unless they are on the second bar like deadric armor pets etc. While 1.6 does bring in literally eso 2.0 I think a lot of people are going to dislike it when their build sucks now especially light armor magicka users. I hope most who restarted playing or are currently playing went to PTS and worked out new builds because every skill in the game pretty much got a buff added to it and some got changed completely .
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Have they released this patch yet?  I read sometime in February, but it's almost March.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

Have they released this patch yet?  I read sometime in February, but it's almost March.

no next week it was held back due to audio issues since the entire game got new animations and a lot of new sounds. They said first week of march so either monday or thursday , im guessing monday.

• PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
    Originally posted by keithian

you are just full of misinformation today. Its 6 skills including the ultimate..or (5+1) x 2= 12. 

counting the Ultimate is a joke right ? why dont you add  the Potion slot too ?

but well even if this game had 2 x 3 hotkeys you guys would try find explainations and excuses :)

nah even if this game had only 1 power to use there would be some of you that would love it...

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

looking forward to no sub, not looking forward to the new bugs.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

Originally posted by keithian

counting the Ultimate is a joke right ? why dont you add  the Potion slot too ?

but well even if this game had 2 x 3 hotkeys you guys would try find explainations and excuses :)

nah even if this game had only 1 power to use there would be some of you that would love it...

And if it had 5 X 20 there would be some whiners whining about that too.

Just a quick look at your posting history shows that you whine about all games you play... ESO, Dying Light, Archeage, Neverwinter... everything is lacking and stupid as far as you're concerned.. .do you actually enjoy anything?

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• DeathFromAboveDeathFromAbove Member UncommonPosts: 112
    l have 3 Vet characters that l will be playing again.
  • NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815

My guild is pretty much holding back until the launch of the champion system for completing more content.  Everyone want's their xp to contribute through champion points so we are somewhat saving the content.  

Very impatient at this point.

I've played quite a bit of 1.6 on the test server and it's very stable and have to say much improved.  Can't wait for Monday!