Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Danuser's gone. I'm done.

Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100

I could deal with Dave leaving. I tolerated the loss of a Carlson. Now Danuser's gone. I'm done with EQN. They've ripped the soul right out of the game dropping an integral lore contribution dev. DBG can paint it how they like, and as a business venture I wish them well, but I won't be participating.

https://twitter.com/moorgard  is Danuser's twitter as proof.

Comments

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

The man crushes on display today are creepy.

I usually try to do my job better than the guy next to me so I don't get fired and he does instead.

Guess which one Danuser was.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by NorseGod

I usually try to do my job better than the guy next to me so I don't get fired and he does instead.

Huh?  You think they are bringing in better people to replace everyone that put down the foundation...haha.

If they are bringing in anyone (probably not) it is someone much cheaper.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Originally posted by Mardukk

Huh?  You think they are bringing in better people to replace everyone that put down the foundation...haha.

No, I don't think that.

They are shutting down EQN. The OP has no choice if he's "done" or not.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    well atleast he has time to update his blog
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Originally posted by Mardukk

No, I don't think that.

They are shutting down EQN. The OP has no choice if he's "done" or not.

I don't think that's true. I think they'll release it now as a weak-ass whack-a-mole, more akin to a PWE release, with the story depth of a box of cake mix. Hey, maybe you'll like it that way. You should pre-order.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

It's not just Danuser.

The list includes (if what I read elsewhere is correct):

Jeff Butler, Dave Georgeson, Steve Danuser, Tiffany Spence, Eric Smith, Brasse...

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Originally posted by superconducting

It's not just Danuser.

Jeff Butler, Dave Georgeson, Steve Danuser, Tiffany Spence, Eric Smith, Brasse...

There is no information stating Jeff Butler is gone.

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Originally posted by ice-vortex

It's not just Danuser.

Or EQN being cancelled, but why not make "facts" up as we go? =)

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

It's not just Danuser.

Oh he's gone. It's just not officially announced.

http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.php?7538-Sony-Online-Entertainment-Becomes-Daybreak/page44

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Honestly doesn't matter to me as I don't believe he brings much from what I've seen, but a random post from a random poster isn't exactly proof to me.

It's not just Danuser.

Oh he's gone. It's just not officially announced.

http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.php?7538-Sony-Online-Entertainment-Becomes-Daybreak/page44

A random user on rerolled is not a good source.

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by Adjuvant1
    Now Danuser's gone. I'm done with EQN.

Can I have all your stuff...that you might have gotten...?

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

If Jeff Butler is gone you can bet the farm that EQN is done.  No further speculation needed.

So far there are only rumors about Jeff's status.  We shall see.

Originally posted by Dullahan

If Jeff Butler is gone you can bet the farm that EQN is done.  No further speculation needed.

The same person that claims Jeff Butler is gone also claims Jeff Butler has done absolutely nothing in regards to EQN.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

I'm excited to see all these announcements..  Some of us called this trouble long ago, while others kept their heads in the sand..  Company sells offs don't happen overnight.. This has been in the works for awhile, probably since BEFORE SOE Live.. It's looking like the old EQ veterans aren't the only ones happy with the direction of EQN or current games being worked on..

IMO, too many SOE Daybreak peeps got lazy at their jobs, too slow and just not hungry..  And one more thing..  THINGS DO CHANGE as I once said..  Nothing is ever set in stone..  This is SOE's  >> NGE, welcome, and hope you enjoy.. I agree with some, that EQN is starting to look like it will never see the light of day, at least in the vision that some might of wished for.. 

So lets see what further news about development will come about and in what direction.. 

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Originally posted by Dullahan

The same person that claims Jeff Butler is gone also claims Jeff Butler has done absolutely nothing in regards to EQN.

The guy that broke down every system in the game in the original EQ Next announcement has nothing to do with it?  The creative director?  Sounds like a reliable source.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    The only dude I really knew involved with EQN was Dave Georgeson. I'm surprised hear he's leaving, since he was pretty much the main speaker at every EQN interview that I saw. Seemed like a huge part. Still, it is what it is. Can't fight it. I guess they're making cuts to afford their "independence." It can't be helped.
  • KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Possibly one of the most ignorant statements to ever grace these forums, which is saying alot, as ignorant statements tend to be as common as white on rice around here.

You should probably try being less of a dickhead, just a suggestion.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Yeah, at the level you work at, that's a very good strategy. Peons are interchangeable and easily replaced, so doing something to elevate your profile a bit is wise.

Of course that only works until your employer decides to fire your entire department because all your work is being subcontracted to a third-party vendor that is MUCH cheaper than you will ever be...

However, when you're the only person doing a certain job, such as the Project Lead, you can't exactly "work a bit harder" than the other Project Leads on the same project, given that there can only be ONE Lead...

• FirstKnight117FirstKnight117 Member UncommonPosts: 109
    Regardless of the reason, I have to feel bad for him. First he got on the 38 Studios Titanic, then SOE gets hit by a nuke. I almost think at this point he should just start his own business...
  • strykr619strykr619 Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Originally posted by Adjuvant1

I could deal with Dave leaving. I tolerated the loss of a Carlson. Now Danuser's gone. I'm done with EQN. They've ripped the soul right out of the game dropping an integral lore contribution dev. DBG can paint it how they like, and as a business venture I wish them well, but I won't be participating.

https://twitter.com/moorgard  is Danuser's twitter as proof.

ROFL at the man crush on Moorgard, one of the chief architect's of  dumbing down eq2.  Him and Butler being gone is a godsend to Daybreak.

They should have been let go a few years ago but they were part of Smed's "posse".

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    The more people laid off from SoE the better, they have excelled only at ruining good games and creating garbage for the last ten years. EQN wasn't shaping up to be any different judging from landmark. Unfortunately Daybreak can never succeed until they boot Smed, the biggest offender of them all.