Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall's Big info release is INSANE

Check it out here.

Game is still in early development, but somethings look very promising. Post your thoughts

Main site is also here 

I3WlWd.png
Click Here To Back the Kickstarter

Comments

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

what exactly is it?

• will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365
    artcraft bot i assume spamming,  but artcraft can do no wrong, so don't worry!

• ZeonxZeonx Member Posts: 6

Not a bot lol.

The game is an MMORPG with some really cool RTS components. Think Darkfall with campaigns. 

I3WlWd.png

• will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365

it's not a mmorpg

It's a mmo

• BascolaBascola Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Originally posted by Zeonx

Check it out here.

Post your thoughts

I don't see anything...standard Kickstarter campaign and they already got their goal. I check when they got a playable beta for me to try.

No money until then.

Originally posted by Bascola

Check it out here.

Post your thoughts

I don't see anything...standard Kickstarter campaign and they already got their goal. I check when they got a playable beta for me to try.

No money until then.

I would check out  the main site as well.

http://crowfall.com/#/

I3WlWd.png

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

im sorry zeonx but, where have you been the last 2 months?

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Wow! Thanks, OP! If you hadn't posted this in the Pub, I never would have known about it!
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504
    Originally posted by will75

it's not a mmorpg 

It's a mmo

If a game was labeled a MMO people would be like, "You had one job, genre: to tell us what type of game you are."

"MMO" is basically an adjective you put in front of the genre. If you called something a yellow, people would be like, "Uh, a yellow what?"

So no, no game is an MMO.  It's always an MMO-something.  Care to share with us why you think it isn't an RPG, given that it has third person RPG-style combat with RPG progression and RPG crafting?

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

There are three factions: Order, Chaos, and Balance.  And Balance wins if there is no clear winner.  Sounds like a pretty solid design (though I might just be saying that because a 4th "Mercenary" faction has been a long-time proposal of mine to Planetside, addressing population imbalances in much the same way.)

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by Axehilt

There are three factions: Order, Chaos, and Balance.  And Balance wins if there is no clear winner.  Sounds like a pretty solid design (though I might just be saying that because a 4th "Mercenary" faction has been a long-time proposal of mine to Planetside, addressing population imbalances in much the same way.)

This is one Campaign type that will EVENTUALLY be in the game.  The Kickstarter campaign is only for the core game, which only includes The Dregs campaign type.  The Dregs are FFA PVP and I believe full loot is planned.

Originally posted by Axehilt

it's not a mmorpg 

It's a mmo

If a game was labeled a MMO people would be like, "You had one job, genre: to tell us what type of game you are."

"MMO" is basically an adjective you put in front of the genre. If you called something a yellow, people would be like, "Uh, a yellow what?"

So no, no game is an MMO.  It's always an MMO-something.  Care to share with us why you think it isn't an RPG, given that it has third person RPG-style combat with RPG progression and RPG crafting?

this

I3WlWd.png

Originally posted by killion81 

This is one Campaign type that will EVENTUALLY be in the game.  The Kickstarter campaign is only for the core game, which only includes The Dregs campaign type.  The Dregs are FFA PVP and I believe full loot is planned.

Oh really? 

Well that's trash PVP.  Glad I didn't plop down money on it, if that's the case.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    If you want people to comment, post something besides links

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

The game is an MMORPG with some really cool RTS components. Think Darkfall with campaigns. 
    Yea... no. Not the kind of game experience I am seeking. So sad, too, considering the "big names" involved and many of the other ideas.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    If you want people to comment, post something besides links

http://goo.gl/XQIDfm

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130

it's not a mmorpg

It's a mmo

It's not even an MMO. The world isn't persistent, it just gets reset after every fight.

They probably call it MMO to attract ppl to donate to their kickstarter campaign.

Bet it atrracts more ppl than calling it what is truly is "RTS".

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by Kiyoris

it's not a mmorpg

It's a mmo

It's not even an MMO. The world isn't persistent, it just gets reset after every fight.

I guess you never witnessed respawn in a MMO lol

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    Originally posted by Malabooga

it's not a mmorpg

It's a mmo

A character in an MMO dying doesn't reset the world, their idea is long drawn out RTS campaigns and full resets after "3 months".

• Victor_KrugerVictor_Kruger Member UncommonPosts: 280

it's not a mmorpg

It's a mmo

They probably call it MMO to attract ppl to donate to their kickstarter campaign.

Bet it atrracts more ppl than calling it what is truly is "RTS".

Crowfall will have eternal kingdoms that will be the persistent world for the game. Players can freely travel around them. The spoils of war from a dying world campaign is brought back there. 

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by Malabooga

it's not a mmorpg

It's a mmo

A character in an MMO dying doesn't reset the world, their idea is long drawn out RTS campaigns and full resets after "3 months".

But MMO resets constantly, i go on a rampage, kill everything in teh area and it resets sometimes in a matter of seconds.

Its a concept, but MMOs definitely reset all the time. Only landscape is persistant, but isnt that more of a drawback, or at least, by many people posting, "stagnant worlds"

This discussion has been closed.