Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall Campaigns. Play the Rule set you want, Even Campaign Perma-death

corechambercorechamber Member UncommonPosts: 148

I love the Idea of this. I love the idea of perma-death but I do not have the time to completely lose my character, but to die in single campaign would be awesome.  I can imagine the chaos that this would bring and how much fun it would be to be one of the last few standing.

All of my friends love MMO's but we can never agree on a rule set, now we can take turns playing each style instead of being stuck on one. I would also assume that this will keep it fresh.

Anyone else excited about this?

Comments

• vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593

why not?

But since crowfall bit focus in pvp 

PermaDeath dont help on it only make people try AVOID pvp at any cost become land of pve 

• Salio69Salio69 Member CommonPosts: 428
    theres always people who are going to run around and try to kill everything that moves. theres going to be plenty of pvp.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

it will be interesting to see where most of the player base chooses to play.

• SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329
    What about no microtransactions ruleset?
  • MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by Sulaa

And what? Go back to subs? lol

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Malabooga

Nothing wrong with subs? Lol.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    while I am not a fan of perma-death I think it would work in this case as even when you die you only get locked out of that one world and can continue to play the rest of the game and of course retain your over all progress. I think if done well it could create an interesting dynamic of people being more careful about how far they go to kill someone else and how much effort is put into helping out your allies.

All die, so die well.

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

You can always try....and THEN go B2P/F2P. Its mosty unnecessary step. Unless youre in for a cashgrab.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

You can always try....and THEN go B2P/F2P. Its mosty unnecessary step. Unless youre in for a cashgrab.

B2P with a cosmetics cash shop is more than fine.

It'll let them reach a much bigger audience than they would as a sub game.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

Must everything degenerate to payment model shit talking?

It appears there is some form of sub model based on the fact that there is VIP status mentioned their kickstarter pledge goals. More than that we don't really know unless I missed something from the devs.

To the OP, I think that would be a great idea about "campaign perma death" You die in that campaign your character can no longer join that particular one until it is over, but you can still participate in other campaigns of various rule sets.

Definitely some interesting ideas floating around.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

TO ME

Campaigns  as a concept is just like what GW2 did  with their  WvW conflict feature.

Play for x amount of time...score as many points as you can then do it all over again....as if all you did before never happened.

WHAT A GREAT WAY TO MAKE YOUR TIME AND EFFORTS MEANINGLESS.

CROWFALL--------->  same thing.  play.....get campaign wipe(world ends)......play again as if it never happened

This is just one of the reasons why I will never play whatever CROWFALL  turns out to be.

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

TO ME

Campaigns  as a concept is just like what GW2 did  with their  WvW conflict feature.

Play for x amount of time...score as many points as you can then do it all over again....as if all you did before never happened.

CROWFALL--------->  same thing.  play.....get campaign wipe(world ends)......play again as if it never happened

This is just one of the reasons why I will never play whatever CROWFALL  turns out to be.

Their kickstarter video pretty much explains the concept behind this... it is so no one particular faction/guild/group/player becomes so dominant that no one is having fun or will even bother for that matter...

I completely get this... And it is clear especially with the Shadowbane lineage. There were some servers that were completely dominated by 1-2 guilds and that was before the hacks.

It's a good plan and they certainly seem to be listening to their player base.

As with most niche games, if you don't like it that is fine, your clearly not the NICHE audience the game is targeting. Move on to something else.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    This campaign thing also reminds me alot of what GW2 was trying to do with WvW.  Until we get to try it we wont really know how it all goes down, but im worried it will be a giant zerg fest like GW2 was. the mass mob going back and forth flipping keeps or what ever crowfall will have on the map over and over.
  • HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453

I never saw any mention of permadeath, the entire selling point was "heroes immortal worlds decay"

Where exactly are you getting this permadeath from?

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

TO ME

Firstly, it isn't a scoreboard type system. Players will earn rewards/resources that they can take back to their individual or guild or community run EKs. Which will allow them to build, craft, prepare for the next battle, along with being able to take some of that into the next depending on the rules. So it isn't "as if it never happened."

Second, what would make your time meaningful? This are video games, they don't exactly reward much unless you are on an esport pro team and pulling in serious money for a living. What virtual goods would make you feel warm and fuzzy?

Even if there was no reward as you claim, is there anything wrong in playing for fun? I play FPS/MOBA/RTS and PVP in mmorpgs for entertainment, not to hang something on a wall and wave my epeen around. To each their own, but it isn't that serious.

At the end of the day it's not an AAA title and it's a niche game that will go the same way as all other PvP niche games. At least Darkfall isn't a lobby game.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    At the end of the day it's not an AAA title and it's a niche game that will go the same way as all other PvP niche games. At least Darkfall isn't a lobby game.

So you're saying that Crowfall will eventually end-up like DarkFall, with around 1000 regular players ? image

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

So you're saying that Crowfall will eventually end-up like DarkFall, with around 1000 regular players ? image

Could very well do, 1000-20000 it would still be niche indie mmo that only caters to one section of the mmo genre. It's a lobby game that reminds of the up coming mmo called Wolf Knight which is another PvP mmo that has seasons.

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

Well if that results in anything like UO, EQ, DAoC, EVE that are still going or even ones that turned the lights off after a few years, sounds good to me.

Nothing wrong with being niche (overly misused word) or rather having a small dedicated population. Considering how large the market is now and if using a slightly more appropriate definition of niche, all games are. If being niche = not being WoW or LoL, I'm fine with that.