Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why have classes if the mmo is EXTREAMLY EASY !

13»

Comments

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

Originally posted by fivoroth
    Why do people assume that just because something is easy it can't be fun. I am mostly playing the game to explore the world, the lore and see the story.it is also very relaxing to play after I spent 12 hours working lol.
    i am the same way. i also work 12 hour days and welcome easy mode on my games when i have time. i guess if i had a less active job or none at all then i would look to games for filling my "challenge" in life. as it stands now i look to games for just pure fun and enjoyment. easy means less stress and effort which after 12 hours of work sounds perfect for me
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Not sure where I saw it but a dev from an older mmo (might have been lotro) said with level cap now at or approaching 100, players do not want to spend a lot of time leveling alts. Therefore the leveling path has been sped up and in some cases, one can buy a boost to be able to skip content.

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Jaedor

Not sure where I saw it but a dev from an older mmo (might have been lotro) said with level cap now at or approaching 100, players do not want to spend a lot of time leveling alts. Therefore the leveling path has been sped up and in some cases, one can buy a boost to be able to skip content.

I remember when all the games starting doing this, it was a money grab.   They put the nail in their coffin the day they did this, everquest, wow, all of them.  There is no way I would start a game today and climb my way up to 100 levels, and skip content which was suppose to be part of a game.   the 100 level chase will even deter people from returning to a game if they know they have to grind to max level yet once again.   It was there for long term money grabs and never had any long term vision beyond that, any company that follows that path will end up like SOE and their 60 million loss, unless they are WoW.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by fistorm

Dont get me wrong, I have been following this games development since ROI, I been waiting to see how they make changed to see if I can come back all the time.  

Sorry, I ment that ROI line as a joke, because the game is even more easier since then :) And I agree with the dps issue too, that's why I left my mini, a mini shouldn't be a dps powerhouse killing machine.

There's a fun thread over the forums with animgifs (a few of them are pretty awesome image). If you've followed the updates, and how Turbine botched the rebalancing after HD, check this cat for the lolz  https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?564793-So-which-one-are-you&p=7324587#post7324587 :)

the levels around 50 took the most beating, for them the game was pretty tough during those weeks, even when they played on-level situations. I too died in Agmar a couple times after those changes with my hunter. But then they 'fixed' / rebalanced it.