Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: The Daily Quest - What Dead Game Do You Want Resurrected?

Comments

• TorvacTorvac Member UncommonPosts: 135

anarchy online (its dead to me)

tabula rasa

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    SWG, Warhammer, Vanguard, CoH

• GilnidorGilnidor Member UncommonPosts: 115

SWG pre cu

Auto Assault

Vanguard

• repomanrepoman Member UncommonPosts: 18

Asheron's Call 2 ( a bit more updated and fixed ) and Tabula Rasa

MAYBE AC2 while it was my first real open MMO, but i loved it.

And a little suggestion  - a world like Diablo 

there come to mind...Hellgate: London

( Yes, I have played TSW ....ok overall, but i don't know. Didn't get any deeper to it. )

Trying hard to become human as it should be.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Auto assult

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• MalakorMalakor Member Posts: 1

Pre CU Star Wars Galaxies

City of Heroes

Not an MMO, but the old SSI Gold Box Series of D&D Games

• SavenazSavenaz Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Vanguard - with some long-standing bugs fixed, of course - but without doubt my all time favorite world to play in. I want my wyvern back!
  • whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

For me?

COH/V- Yes a lot of people picked this already but I really loved the whole hero and villian thing, I pick up DCUO every now and then but i'm not much of an "action" gamer so to speak so i prefer the style of COH/V much more.

The other?

Matrix Online- Yes it had bugs, and the combat system was odd with it's locking you so they could do all the neato (Yay for terms people don't use anymore) special moves, but I really like the faction system, and the fact you could dress up and act like one of the machines.

Those are the two I'd like to see come back.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

Matrix Online : I loved the gear.  The variety of styles, the complex  materials and colours.  The combat felt & sounded real. The assortment of classes & the speed in which you could change roles.  The crafting might not have been anywhere near that of SWG but it had immense variety.  The diversity of the world environment.  The oriental district, the night clubs that no one bother with.

Star Wars Galaxies Pre-CU/NGE classes, combat system, and game mechanics (macro's) + all the expansions and content after Rage of the Wookiees.

Planet Side

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    warhammer online. 
  • TaiphozTaiphoz Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Jumpgate Evolution, it was for a time the glimmer of hope for all twitch mmo space fighter fans.
  • RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298

Surely Warhammer online.

I used to be a subscriber regardless of the decline of the game, bugs present from launch to closing, company issues clearly impacting the game  and so forth.

To me it was a one of a kind game for many aspects; from gameplay, classes, RvR, PvP (fortresses and Renown) and especially the dark art style.

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by xxBoneZxx

Many people may still not know this, but Star Wars Galaxies has been resurrected and is nearing completion. It's been rewritten from the ground up, and has been slowly coming together since 2006.

Check out Star Wars Galaxies Emulator here:

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/index.php

Same goes for Earth and Beyond. 

I don't believe people really want to play these games at all.  They just think they do. 

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Can we also include browser games in that list or is it strictly client based games like Everquest (this is not a dead MMO it's an example of a type of MMO)

Cause if we can include browser games i'd like 8 realms and Idle Worship back, especially Idle Worship.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

Originally posted by Boneserino
    I don't believe people really want to play these games at all.  They just think they do. 

I've played SWGEmu about a year ago, and it's still as fun as it was back in the day. I'm just waiting for it to be complete before I jump back in.

I will most-definitely be playing it again.

And how many people were playing it I might ask?

I know when I played EnB recently, there was maybe a max of 200 people playing the game.

Lots of talk but it seems very few actually act on what they say.  

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Wizardry

.Vanguiard is already a complete game and as good as most out there,however the market obviously doesn't want another Wow clone.

Vanguard a WOW clone?

The term WoW clone has lost all meaning. IMO, using it shows how little you know about MMOs and where they came from. 

Agreed. I would love to see Vanguard come back with a more stable engine. I don't however, see how anyone that ever played the game could call it a WoW clone.

• ArtificeVenatusArtificeVenatus Member UncommonPosts: 1,236

• JimMorenoJimMoreno Member UncommonPosts: 21
    1. Railroad Tycoon 
    2. Ceasar 
    3. All Zork games

Jim H. Moreno

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by whilan

For me?

COH/V- Yes a lot of people picked this already but I really loved the whole hero and villian thing, I pick up DCUO every now and then but i'm not much of an "action" gamer so to speak so i prefer the style of COH/V much more.

The other?

Matrix Online- Yes it had bugs, and the combat system was odd with it's locking you so they could do all the neato (Yay for terms people don't use anymore) special moves, but I really like the faction system, and the fact you could dress up and act like one of the machines.

Those are the two I'd like to see come back.

MO is one game I really should have tried.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Kyarra

1. Star Wars Galaxies Pre cu 

If its an overhaul to today's quality standards

2. Warhammer Online

If its another company, not EA

3. City of Heroes

Same as with SWG

If that happens then those would be my three choices too.

• DrevarDrevar Member UncommonPosts: 177

SWG-pre NGE (pre- or post CU are both fine)

Auto Assault

I find it amazing how many games people love and would like to come back that were abused and abandoned by NCSoft.  

Seriously, NCSoft can suck a big one.

"If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."
    -Luke McKinney, The 7 Biggest Dick Moves in the History of Online Gaming

"In the end, SWG may have been more potential and promise than fulfilled expectation. But I'd rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."
    -Raph Koster

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by waynejr2

EQ the early years

Log in to the game right now to vote on the new prog server. Hopefully we can get one that's locked off at SoV.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Vesavius
    Originally posted by waynejr2

EQ the early years

Log in to the game right now to vote on the new prog server. Hopefully we can get one that's locked off at SoV.

EQ The Early Years was a bit of a joke phrasing based upon a 70's tv show called Butch and Sundance The Early Days.  :D

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Originally posted by Boneserino
    And how many people were playing it I might ask?

When I played, there were anywhere between 2500-3200 people playing. The cantinas were always full. The hospitals always had doctors. Just like back in the original game.

If you go to the link I posted above, they have a server status box in the upper-right corner that shows how many people are on at that moment. It's been maintaining 1200-2000 people right now. Others might be waiting for it to be complete, like myself.

Thats not a lot of people considering how many people claim it was one of the best MMO's ever made.

Lets face it, people talk all kinds of shit about these old games, but when it comes to actually playing them, .... naah .....  too old and the graphics suck.

What they really want are complete remakes with cutting edge graphics, plus full loot pvp sandbox mechanics.

Am I right?

• JHLotBJHLotB Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Dungeon Runners