Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: The Daily Quest - What Dead Game Do You Want Resurrected?

Comments

• mad-hattermad-hatter Member UncommonPosts: 241

Warhammer Online would be my first choice solely because of the guild I play in.  Met them there and have played games with them since.  Loved the small man RVR for what it was.

DAOC pre-TOA - Many of you know that "other" place has been down for a long time now, and the other choice pop is too low to bother.

SWG - Honestly I'll probably get flamed for this, but the last version of SWG, right before shutdown.  For those of you who were there, they put a lot of stuff into the game during the final stages before close.  It was fun, the most fun in SWG that I had since Pre-CU.  But of course I'd take Pre-CU anyday.

• AndraxxAndraxx Member UncommonPosts: 256

Tabula Rasa

Chronicles of Spellborn

Vanguard

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Wizardry

.Vanguiard is already a complete game and as good as most out there,however the market obviously doesn't want another Wow clone.

Vanguard a WOW clone?

The term WoW clone has lost all meaning. IMO, using it shows how little you know about MMOs and where they came from. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by waynejr2

Originally posted by Kyleran
    DAOC. Seriously, the 2003 version, not what is currently in play today.

Is that 2003 before or after Trials of Atlantis?

Pre TOA, still waiting on the return of the "other place"

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ArtificeVenatusArtificeVenatus Member UncommonPosts: 1,236

• azylaazyla Member Posts: 1
    Vanguard for sure. =/ Loved that game.
  • MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t18zWmxaMoI

Vanguard and Tabula Rasa, loved both of those games

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• zakkuredwolfzakkuredwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2

I would love if ....

1. Star Wars Galaxies .... and yeah .. pre cu gameplay but new stuff too from the other expansions and more :D

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

1. SWG

2. CoH

• ElyboElybo Member UncommonPosts: 7

I guess I'm mostly an SOE fanboi.

1. SW:G Any version (miss the crafting)

2. Matrix Onlline

3. Vanguard

4. COH

5 Warhammer Online

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

- City of Heroes/Villains with updated graphics

- Monster Forest Online with new graphics (the systems and gameplay were awesome, the graphics were bad and too childish)

- Lost Saga EU to be taken by a competent publisher that won't let the game die at the end like Nexon and OGPlanet did.

There are a few more but I will let it on these three right now. :)

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by dreamscaper

There is a HUGE design flaw in almost every dead game and why they should remain dead.The two biggest flaws is not allowing me choice,i am not going to chase around yellow markers all game,no way in hell.The second is super FAKE worlds,just full of meaningless backdrops that you cannot touch or enter,just a simple model with a texture slapped onto it.

The only huge design flaw City of Heroes had was that it was published by NCSoft.

To be fair though, NCSoft kept the game alive for over 8-9 years.

Other companies would had pulled the plug earlier.

• MickleMickle Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Originally posted by Dracogeek
    Most people haven't heard of it, let alone played it...Wish would be the game I'd resurrect.

Bump.  I had a lot of fun in that beta.  I was heart broken when the announcement was made.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

MxO

I didn't actually get around to playing it at the time because i still had dialup back then lol, but it would be great to see it again with a modern design.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• shamallshamall Member CommonPosts: 516

CoH

Tabula Rasa

Vanguard

The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    SWG before it got the NGE update> But this time around i want it with better graphics and some cool voice acting. 

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

Star Wars Galaxies

Stargate Worlds <-- never completed

• witchhammerwitchhammer Member Posts: 7
    Tabula Rasa
    City of Heroes

just those two :)
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Raekon
    Originally posted by dreamscaper

There is a HUGE design flaw in almost every dead game and why they should remain dead.The two biggest flaws is not allowing me choice,i am not going to chase around yellow markers all game,no way in hell.The second is super FAKE worlds,just full of meaningless backdrops that you cannot touch or enter,just a simple model with a texture slapped onto it.

The only huge design flaw City of Heroes had was that it was published by NCSoft.

To be fair though, NCSoft kept the game alive for over 8-9 years.

Other companies would had pulled the plug earlier.

It was always making money though.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• redcoreredcore Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Originally posted by unclemo
    I don't want anything back. Games fail for a reason. Let the rest in peace.

games don't fail. people who create them do

• SkavenapsSkavenaps Member UncommonPosts: 67

CoH/CoV

Just tell me who i need to kill in order to have them back, and its done.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Vanguard & SWG I'm not going to early EQ because the game is not actually dead. Yes it's not pre Luclin but this thread is about resurrecting mmo not rewinding mmo.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    None because games died for reason. Many more should be dead but f2p/p2w turned them into undead.
  • OldMMOGamerOldMMOGamer Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Warhammer
  • cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Warhammer Online and SWG!