Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyforge: First Closed Beta Event Announced, Founder's Packs Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

My.com, the Allods Team and Obsidian Entertainment have announced that the first Skyforge closed beta event will kick off on March 11th. The event will last for a week with access guaranteed through the purchase of the newly revealed Founder's Packs. Purchase of a Founder's Pack will ensure access to all forthcoming beta events as well. Prices include various in-game rewards and can be purchased for $19.99, $49.99 or $69.99.

During the closed beta, players will have the opportunity to:

• play as Lightbinder, Gunner, Paladin, Cryomancer or Berserker

• participate in both PvE and PvP events

• check out the Orders of Aelion

• progress characters using the Ascension Atlas

• check out the earliest phases of the game

To celebrate the announcement, the development team has released a brand new closed beta trailer.

Find out more about purchasing a Founder's Pack on the Skyforge site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Ya this one I am going to have to see what gamers think before I jump in. To bad I signed up for beta and never was invited. 
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

Inserting pessimism:   The lady's voice in the video is monotone and bland, the words read directly from a script.   "The enemy" is a cop out and really boring, cliche too.    The video was pieced together and very not well structured for proper presentation.

Founders Packs?  /puke. 

So sick of Founders Packs after the last foray of them to come out of games like oh Arche Age,  Landmark, and so on.   Each game providing a founder pack only to have an intrusive, excessive cash shop and "Starter Packs" that well out do the Founders Packs originally released. 

• Stone_FountainStone_Fountain Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Originally posted by Siphaed

Inserting pessimism:   The lady's voice in the video is monotone and bland, the words read directly from a script.   "The enemy" is a cop out and really boring, cliche too.    The video was pieced together and very not well structured for proper presentation.

Founders Packs?  /puke. 

So sick of Founders Packs after the last foray of them to come out of games like oh Arche Age,  Landmark, and so on.   Each game providing a founder pack only to have an intrusive, excessive cash shop and "Starter Packs" that well out do the Founders Packs originally released. 

Agreed, and I do not like Steam putting unfinished games on their catalog either. Sure they have this little disclaimer about the game not being finished but man, now they are selling games that barely have more than the ability just to move around up there. Its really a cash grab gimick and we need to stop buying crap as a community to get it to stop. 

First PC Game: Pool of Radiance July 10th, 1990. First MMO: Everquest April 23, 1999

• zakraidarbgzakraidarbg Member UncommonPosts: 28
    they fucked up archeage with this shit and now they will fuck up this one
  • Deathgod881Deathgod881 Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Originally posted by zakraidarbg

Wrong company man these people have nothing to do with archeage going to shit.

"Let destruction rain!" from Asbel Tales of Graces f

• zakraidarbgzakraidarbg Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Originally posted by Deathgod881
    Originally posted by zakraidarbg

Wrong company man these people have nothing to do with archeage going to shit.

i meant that they are taking the same way 

• ProphecysProphecys Member UncommonPosts: 32

Remember, this is ALLODS creators.

And look at the founder pack chests, armor and weapon upgrades, 50x for 3 ranks?

This game is pay 2 win.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Two classes locked behind a pay wall....nope, pass.
  • VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    This makes my day. The pack prices are much more reasonable than I expected. More reasonable than most games have been in the last year or two.

All die, so die well.

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749

I was very interested in this game up until this point. Allods sounds very familiar, and for some reason, doesn't make me feel very good. "Early access"/"Founders Packs" that lock classes behind a pay wall ... Also very shady.

The video is just all together horrible, but the Founder Packs alone speak volumes about this game.

No thanks.

(EDIT: I will say that I'm surprised to see such reasonable pricing on the packs. Much better than the 100s we've seen in the last round of games.)

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

So I'm honestly shocked here. I went to their website and the Ultimate Edition founders pack is only $70. That's like . . . a normal video game price. Usually founders pack are exhorbitant - like Neverwinter was $400. WH40K eternal crusade $450 for the xenos pack.

I actually have no clue about this game, but $70 is blowing my mind after years of prices in the hundreds.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Kajidourden

get a clue lol

u can unlock every class even as f2p ....founders get this classes unlocked at the start .

while im against founder packs for obvius reasons , i dont see anything wrong with getting access to beta,  some cash shop coins , title and glamour gear (there is no stats at all on gear is just cosmetic ) , the mount meh , the game is like Gw2 with teleports to some points on the map hardly needed .

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

The two additional classes are not paywalled. You can unlock them though game play. The packs simply give earlier access to them.

Source: FAQ

All die, so die well.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Originally posted by Skuall

get a clue lol

u can unlock every class even as f2p ....founders get this classes unlocked at the start .

while im against founder packs for obvius reasons , i dont see anything wrong with getting access to beta,  some cash shop coins , title and glamour gear (there is no stats at all on gear is just cosmetic ) , the mount meh , the game is like Gw2 with teleports to some points on the map hardly needed .

Well i'll be damned, you're right!  That totally changes everything, and I will probably buy into it.  I was stoked about the pricing, but when I thought I HAD to buy the $70 one for a beta....

• mystik13mystik13 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    I think the women's voice in the trailer is a computer.  I think it is supposed to be an ai or something.  $20 for beta entry does not seem exorbitant.  I am interested but will wait to see store content before committing.
  • NewnanNewnan Member UncommonPosts: 98

Like those posters above me, the Classes are not behind a "Pay wall", However the packages do have those Traveler Capsule which do contain Spark Replicators x1000 which says that those might be in the cash shop.  For those that don't know Spark Replicators are colorless currency that can be used to progress that atlas regardless of what color is required (red, blue, green). I could see this being very P2W if they do sell these. The rings in sivler/bronze pack are just lvl 1 rings and will not be a big impact, But I have no idea about Legendary Weapon (maybe a skin?).   The  last thing I see that could be a problem is the Enhancement Stones which could be another big thing even though rank 1-3 aren't that very high.  I can see this game's cash shop has the Potential to be P2W if they sell things like this.

On the other hand I will probably be buying the max tier founder pack since I am still interested in this game, and 70$ isn't too much for all that.  Over all It is hard to see if this will be another Archeage or not. But I am still excited to get my hands on this game and try it out for my self.

Screw leveling games, give me something with "End game" at the beginning of the game.

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517

Oh GOD LOL. The only positive thing I found from this game in alpha, (the fact that invites were to people who signed up & nothing else) has been completely negated by the founder's pack garbage that we're stuck with for the next few years.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Games.. are horrible nowadays, seriously.

This couldn't be a better next few years to focus on IRL stuff lol.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • ProphecysProphecys Member UncommonPosts: 32

Don't forget the armor upgrade tokens you can buy in the cash shop, this game will just be like Allods, massive P2W sink hole.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    P2W = no thanks. Next.

Joined - July 2004

• majestic862majestic862 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Originally posted by Prophecys

Don't forget the armor upgrade tokens you can buy in the cash shop, this game will just be like Allods, massive P2W sink hole.

They might of had that in Allods but it's very unlikely they will have it in Skyforge with how the game works. There isn't even armor in Skyforge, your equipment consists of 4 rings, a weapon and some sort of offhand depending on the class. To everybody saying this game is just like Allods because it was co-developed by the the Allods devs, just stop. Play the game first or at least wait till we see what's in the marketplace before you go around spouting P2W.

• SkavenapsSkavenaps Member UncommonPosts: 67

Wrong. You pay to skip the work that need to be done to unlock them. Theres no content blocked behind a pay wall.

Inform yoursefl before throwing that shit.

• SkavenapsSkavenaps Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by EponyxDamor

I was very interested in this game up until this point. Allods sounds very familiar, and for some reason, doesn't make me feel very good. "Early access"/"Founders Packs" that lock classes behind a pay wall ... Also very shady.

The video is just all together horrible, but the Founder Packs alone speak volumes about this game.

No thanks.

(EDIT: I will say that I'm surprised to see such reasonable pricing on the packs. Much better than the 100s we've seen in the last round of games.)

Onother one that don't care to read. You don't NEED to pay to get the classes, you can PLAY and unlock them.

jesus..

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by majestic862
    Originally posted by Prophecys

They might of had that in Allods but it's very unlikely they will have it in Skyforge with how the game works. There isn't even armor in Skyforge, your equipment consists of 4 rings, a weapon and some sort of offhand depending on the class. To everybody saying this game is just like Allods because it was co-developed by the the Allods devs, just stop. Play the game first or at least wait till we see what's in the marketplace before you go around spouting P2W.

Anyone wondering how the monetization in Skyforge will work just needs to look up the history of Allods. There's no doubt that the Cash Shop will feature prominently in this game.

It will most likely be a little bit less obvious than it was in Allods, the F2P industry has perfected some really good tricks in the last few years. Subtlety and manipulation is the norm nowadays, and most things can be earned by "normal game play" rather than being bought exclusively in the Cash Shop. Provided you spend at least 1 hour each day playing and you never miss a single day for 6-8 months solid... image

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    People that got burn be for on f2p and founder wait a little or you will get burn again, if people get burn it was on them not skyforge as they been warn don't fall in to the trap and don't hope that there will be no problem with the game and with it's cash shop, as it was not a cheap mmo to make when they make there money back sure they will people was just throwing there money at them then complain little late.

• ThwaiteThwaite Member UncommonPosts: 83

Seriously, people talk out their butt so much on this site. Name a mainstream worthwhile MMO that does not have a cash shop from one degree to another... Hell! even WoW has a cash shop which allows you to auto level to near cap. Rethink what you believe "Pay to Win" really means. The founders are not going to be able to max level and purchase something that allows them to be a better max character than you. It just isn't true, so please stop acting like a journalist from the national enquirer. They are getting cosmetic upgrades and items you can get from regular questing which amount to no more than basic game play.

Stop speculating and talking out your freaking rear. OK? Thank you.