Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

H1Z1: Hackers Whine in Hysterically Funny Video

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The H1Z1 team has unveiled a fantastically hysterical new video showing the team reading letters to Customer Support from banned game hackers. Some claim innocence, others apologize, others spew on and on in long run on sentences, still others spout profanities, while others beg for a second chance. Sometimes, a video says it all. This is one of those. Enjoy!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    :)
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Even better than what Arenanet did calling out the exploiters haha.

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

Seems like BS to me.

I mean there might be 1 or 2 guys that might cry after getting banned for hacking, but most will just spit on them for getting them banned and re-do it.

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by Xingbairong

Seems like BS to me.

I mean there might be 1 or 2 guys that might cry after getting banned for hacking, but most will just spit on them for getting them banned and re-do it.

The Archeage forums were full of bull shit excuses from people after they were caught and banned. They probably moved onto H1Z1 and tried it again.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I have been a GM on a private server for 10 years now and some of these excuses are awfully familiar.

"It was my brother!" .. back in the days they always claimed it was the little sister who also doesn't speak English.

"I only used the hacks on my 2nd and 3rd account - my first account wasn't used for cheating so banning it is unfair!"

What's missing here are a few of my fav lines :

"I didn't bot - I used an intelligence not from this world"

"Your screenshots prove nothing! On a sidenote: my char is so cute though <3 "

"What do you even gain from banning me? You hypocrite White Knight piece of shit!"

Harbinger of Fools
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Originally posted by Xingbairong

Seems like BS to me.

In almost every game that is rampant in hackers I can tell you for sure that people will consistently try to get unbanned. They use every excuse in the world and after it doesn't work, they head to the forums to whine about being "wrongfully" banned. You are right about them redoing it, but at that point it's for "revenge" because they got banned for it. I've seen people with like 8 or 9 csgo accounts that constantly will hack to try to get to a high rank in competitive just to get banned again and have to spend another 15 bucks to get the game. I really can't understand why people do this.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    That was funny .

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Ya hackers should not be able to even make a new account.
  • WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

LMAO awesome!  Public shaming, I love it!

Where is the like button hehe

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

If it was me I would even go as far as to say the hackers account name, email, first and last name & state/country, screw hackers I'm all for public shaming, tar and feathers like in the old days.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    Would be even better if they put character names behind these letters.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Daffid011
    Would be even better if they put character names behind these letters.

It would, but, as some even go so far as to visit forums such as this with complaints such as, 'they banned me for no reason' etc. we also get to have a good laugh about it too image

• SidQFTSidQFT Member UncommonPosts: 96

Luv it!!  

through'em in jail also!  :)

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    Originally posted by Dakeru

I have been a GM on a private server for 10 years now and some of these excuses are awfully familiar.

"It was my brother!" .. back in the days they always claimed it was the little sister who also doesn't speak English.

"I only used the hacks on my 2nd and 3rd account - my first account wasn't used for cheating so banning it is unfair!"

What's missing here are a few of my fav lines :

"I didn't bot - I used an intelligence not from this world"

"Your screenshots prove nothing! On a sidenote: my char is so cute though <3 "

"What do you even gain from banning me? You hypocrite White Knight piece of shit!"

Ha!  Yeah... gotta love the 2nd/3rd account excuse. 

"But I thought I found a loophole that allows me to cheat without any consequences!  How dare you have the means to close that loophole!!!  It's not fair!"

Hypocrite White Knight?  Where the hell does that logic come from?  "I cheat, so surely you must cheat, too!"???

• LegendCarissoLegendCarisso Member UncommonPosts: 101

This is honestly just.... stupid, and the fact they have to post this garbage over patching the damn loopholes in the first place... that just shows me how immature these companies really are. Who gives a crap about Little Jimmy and his whining? I sure don't.

Hell, if one wanted to try hard enough, they'd probably go so far as to file a lawsuit against the company... I'd love to see how that would turn out, honestly.

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by LXFC545

This is honestly just.... stupid, and the fact they have to post this garbage over patching the damn loopholes in the first place... that just shows me how immature these companies really are. Who gives a crap about Little Jimmy and his whining? I sure don't.

Hell, if one wanted to try hard enough, they'd probably go so far as to file a lawsuit against the company... I'd love to see how that would turn out, honestly.

Looks like they failed to deliver a flawless product to the paid alpha suckers... I mean... customers.

• JeminaiJeminai Member UncommonPosts: 151

clearly you havnt played a game with rampant hackers left to roam wild.

cheaters are scum. and ultimately the worst players of any games. can't win? cheat!

cant stop cheating cos I have developed no skill.

i wonder how many brazen hackers are from single child upbringings...

& lol@lawsuit! pretty sure that's what the disclaimer is for. tho I don't read them. 

never had to, I don't hack.

i think it's pretty shitty that hacker sites charge $ for their programs too. is no one cracking their software?

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

As much as I hate Rap, R & B or whatever you call this crap... It is fitting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g5Hz17C4is

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

Originally posted by DMKano

IMO - this is not the way to handle this - yes it's funny but it accomplishes nothing.

Public shaming does not work in this case at all - this will only make Daybreak a bigger target for hackers.

I imagine they want to try an avoid the fate of L2.  In games where cheating is rampant if players get the sense that the devs either aren't interested in putting in any effort to stop it or are trying to profit from it is tremendously damaging to your reputation.  This video is far more likely an attempt to prove to their playerbase that they are putting in a good faith effort to stop hackers.
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw

I think switching to a system much like what Korea uses, would be far superior to trying to manage an anti-hack program.  Unless you want to be permanently banned from playing a game, don't cheat. Seems simple enough to me. However, we in America prefer to go about things in the most difficult manner. That being, allowing people to manipulate the system with money. Sure, we ban people, but we allow them to buy another copy and start again. Rather a pointless process for the gaming community, but great for company profit margin. I guess we know what's important to American developers.

Money before Satisfaction!

That's nice but it's also impossible to do in America, or most places for that matter.  The only way this is remotely achievable in Korea is that they require a Korean SSN to register.

• IvidnaelaxIvidnaelax Member UncommonPosts: 67

I tell you how it might possibly turn out. It is called a counter suit. You the gamer brings a lawsuit against the game company for emotional distress because they made a video about people hacking and reading off their excuse letter. The game company upon receipt of said lawsuit immediately files a counter suit for violations of the terms of service because there is a possibility that their intellectual property has been compromised under the DMCA. You the gamer, now has to pony up millions in attorney's fees because they want to stick to people who hack games.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    Hacker lives matter. SOE..DayBroke.. whatever,  should totally thank these guys for exposing the weaknessesssss in their 01000010 01010011 00100000 01000011 01001111 01000100 01000101
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

i love the shaming, its about damn time.

but the sad part is some of the hack sites will guarantee their product and will buy you another copy of the game so you keep paying a monthly fee to use their hack.

to bad there wasnt a way to just strait up ban their computer from connecting to the game for ever.

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by DMKano

IMO - this is not the way to handle this - yes it's funny but it accomplishes nothing.

Public shaming does not work in this case at all - this will only make Daybreak a bigger target for hackers.

F$%k that I go as far as posting the hackers name on the forums, Blogs and so on and label them as child molesters even if it isn't true and also shame there mothers for being a crack whore that never raised their child right lol.

Daybreak's new slogan:  "If you hack your a Sick Child Molesting Monster raised by a Crack Whore Mother" lol

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Originally posted by Ividnaelax

I tell you how it might possibly turn out. It is called a counter suit. You the gamer brings a lawsuit against the game company for emotional distress because they made a video about people hacking and reading off their excuse letter. The game company upon receipt of said lawsuit immediately files a counter suit for violations of the terms of service because there is a possibility that their intellectual property has been compromised under the DMCA. You the gamer, now has to pony up millions in attorney's fees because they want to stick to people who hack games.

Interesting in Australia that counter suit would be regarded as vexatious litigation and get thrown out in short order.  After all DBG already has a remedy, ban the account.  However the original suit would not get much further, you might get a finding, but the damages award would be unlikely to cover your legal costs.