Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heart of thorns, improvements wishlist

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

This is a question to all those people that like the current game in some extent

So what improvements should the expansion have over the orriginal game...  withouth turning it into a whole different game, as we all like the current game.

here is my personal short list...

1) more quests and stories along the line we have seen in living story season 2, the orriginal game did not have much story to keep one busy at max level.

2) a way to save builds including gear sets

3) more social tools for guild interaction

whats your list?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506

1. Saved Trait loadouts... when encounters are becoming for specialized, we should have a way to do this.

2. Better role definition. Not saying we need tank,healer, dps... but just being able to absorb a few more hits if spec'ed as defensive or heal a bit better as heals.

3. Clean up dead abilities and fix broken abilities... 

• TheGoblinKingTheGoblinKing Member UncommonPosts: 208

Theres so much little stuff that ANET and Blowhanson need to fix it would be an expansion in itself.

1. auto-bag sort.

2. Stop giving us so much useless crap in game that just fills our inventory

3. turn off ability description pop ups when you mouse over them.

4. Fix the glitch where your dye colors randomly reset themselves

5. Tell your player base WTF you are doing instead of sitting in Blowhansons ivory tower and shutting their players out.

6. Make pvp not suck

7. Balance classes

8. Give us more content then once every 3 years

I could add about 400 more things to this list but they aren't going to get fixed anyways so theres no point.

• iGumballStariGumballStar Member UncommonPosts: 106

I would want:

1. More hidden missions in the open world: it is fancy to have a great main-plot however, I would also love to have some side-stories here and there giving the world some extra depth. I always enjoyed travelling around Tyria and getting surprised by these small, but interesting side-quests. Like the crying lady in white in Queensdale and haunted house. 

2. A couple of sandbox elements: they already exist in many other themepark MMORPGs. Something along the lines of a fishing system would be really facy in my opinion, giving us the chance, to forget the combat for a little bit and immerse ourselves in the enviourment by other means.

• GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359

good list OP.

i liked the way S2 gone with the story/characters for an MMO it is very good. hope they keep it up. Canach and Countess relation, Caithe's background story, cute Taimi etc. i just hope they at least leave one dragon as neutral or ally in the future. would make things more interesting. like having Queen Jennah betrayed and as a results an inside conflict rises among some races while having a dragon around as a third party.

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by iGumballStar

I would want:

1. More hidden missions in the open world: it is fancy to have a great main-plot however, I would also love to have some side-stories here and there giving the world some extra depth. I always enjoyed travelling around Tyria and getting surprised by these small, but interesting side-quests. Like the crying lady in white in Queensdale and haunted house. 

2. A couple of sandbox elements: they already exist in many other themepark MMORPGs. Something along the lines of a fishing system would be really facy in my opinion, giving us the chance, to forget the combat for a little bit and immerse ourselves in the enviourment by other means.

Nice ideas mate...   I can imagine side stories as long as one or two season2 chapters...

however, currently they are trying to tell those side stories with the dynamic event system, which is a great and awesome tool for adding dynamics but not the all and ever for telling deep stories....  I would love to see more of the Gw1 story telling indeed...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Going on what will realistically be improved rather than dramatically changing things...

Personal housing.

Being able to sit in chairs / lay on beds.

Being able to use some furniture via the housing system or guild hall system.

Improved storytelling and questing system; actual cutscenes similar to Guild Wars and missions that last longer than a minute as a whole with 5 minutes of talking before and at the end of it.

Idle stances / emotes and different sitting styles when sitting (similar to FFXIV).

Unrealistic wants:

Tanks and Healers

Future Expansions:

Elona and Cantha being explorable with the continuation of various cliff hangers from the first game.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by TheGoblinKing

Theres so much little stuff that ANET and Blowhanson need to fix it would be an expansion in itself.

1. auto-bag sort.

There is.. it's called Compact. Won't work for invisible bags.

2. Stop giving us so much useless crap in game that just fills our inventory

Subjective.. other games give just as much crap except you cant get rid of them until you visit a bank or vendor. GW2 lets you send to bank and sell from anywhere. GW2 wins imo.

3. turn off ability description pop ups when you mouse over them.

If you're a clicker.. you ain't playing games properly.

4. Fix the glitch where your dye colors randomly reset themselves

Dunno, never experienced it. Unknown to me.

5. Tell your player base WTF you are doing instead of sitting in Blowhansons ivory tower and shutting their players out.

Hmmm, search the official wiki for upcoming changes and features.. it'll make your day!

6. Make pvp not suck

Too generic, you're just starting to hate here.

7. Balance classes

EVERY build has a counter in PvP. Certain builds will never be able to beat their counter when both are played properly. That's how GW1 worked, that's how GW2 works. That IS balance, it's a TEAM game In all aspects, not a solo one.

8. Give us more content then once every 3 years

Now you're just talking rubbish.. you probably don't even play.

I could add about 400 more things to this list but they aren't going to get fixed anyways so theres no point.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

Nice thread and some very relevant points. (Well, aside from some greenskinned royalty.)

One thing I would like to see revamped is the stacking mechanics. While a dedicated "tank/healer" role may be unrealistic revamping the stacking mechanism to reward stats like Toughness and Healing on a level comparable to might.

Overall though: Stacking needs (yet another) revamp.

Other than that: Others in this thread have already described most of my wishes better than I could.

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Here's mine:

More specialized encounters. I'd like to have a need for support and control, not just damage being the best way to tackle most bosses in dungeons/instances. They have started some roadways into this, but I'd like to be able to spec full support, full control and still be useful and wanted in groups. Maybe bosses that could be done with a full damage group, but that would be significantly easier if you have some support and/or some control in your group.

Template saving. I want to be able to save my build/skill/equipped gear as a template and be able to switch them at will. This goes with the previous points, there would be no point to a template saving if there's a meta build that's better than most in the first place. However, I'd add limits to it beyond just "change when out of combat" to limit situations where you just change to specific encounters and back, I'd make it so that if you want to change to one of your saved templates you have to do it in a major city. As a bonus for them they could make it so that you have a limited amount of template slots for each character (like bags) and sell extra ones on the gem store.

Item memory about their location in inventory. This is more of a pet peeve, I usually keep an invisible bag on all my characters where I put everything they'll always carry on, this way when I compact the inventory, I still know where I can find quickly my salvage kits, extra weapons and armors, etc. The annoying thing is that if I change from 2 1hand weapons to a 2 hander (which I do a lot on my guardian, alternating between scepter-focus/shield to staff or hammer), the main hand weapon goes where the 2 hander was, but the offhand goes elsewhere in the inventory. I'd like to have some sort of memory where the offhand knows to go to the invisible bag if there's an available spot.

Looks saving. This could even be gem store or black lion chest based. Make some sort more expensive/rarer transmutation charge that transform your whole look into a kind of personal outfit, which you could change at will in that particular character.

Outfits mix and match. Allow us to mix and match outfits, I'd be happy even if they allowed us to turn off specific sections of an outfit and show the armor underneath. To use some examples, I love the most of the ceremonial plated outfit for my guardian... but the puffy sleeves and the thing around the neck were deal breakers for me, I don't like them. If there was a way to replace just that piece of the armor with my regular armor, I'd have bought it as soon as it came out. And I have a lot of other examples like that for different characters.

Allow us to do individual fractals. Make each fractal into some sort of mini dungeons, where you could select to do a full fractal set, or an individual one for reduced rewards.

Fractal "raids": And speaking of fractals, they would be a good way to relive the best parts of season 1. Just as they added the season 1 dungeons as fractals, they could make some sort of fractal raids that allow you to get more than one group at the same time, and relive things that happened in season 1 (at first, more historical lore related things could be added in the future). It could start with the marionette fight, an invasion on a random map, the rescue of citizens from Lion's Arch during scarlet's attack, and later with the breachmaker fight against scarlet.

Those are the ones that pop up right now.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

Whoah L0C0Man...

If "those are the ones that pop up" - Anet should consider trying to hire you :)

I can see why "support/control" might be a bitch but your description of what you want sounds really good.

A bit confused about the "Item memory" part. I would love my invisible bag to be left alone - Not used as "first available slot" when looting: Something only I could store things in.

Templates for traits/skills/equipment: Agree... Worked very well in Guild Wars (added some 2-3 years after release) and is definately needed in GW2.

Outfits & Fractals: Agree 100%

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• Masa1Masa1 Member UncommonPosts: 318

1. Open world pvp

2. Open world pvp

3. Open world pvp

I know exactly what you carebears are thinking about my wishes so please respect them and don't eat me alive.

I also know that my wishes won't come true so you carebears don't have to kill my wishes since they are already dead.

Please don't mention WvW since it's just a lame joke of open world pvp.

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Mounts
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

Going on what will realistically be improved rather than dramatically changing things...

Personal housing.

Being able to sit in chairs / lay on beds.

Being able to use some furniture via the housing system or guild hall system.

Improved storytelling and questing system; actual cutscenes similar to Guild Wars and missions that last longer than a minute as a whole with 5 minutes of talking before and at the end of it.

Idle stances / emotes and different sitting styles when sitting (similar to FFXIV).

* These are a waste of resources as there are things that really need to be fixed like armor clipping, etc. Want player housing - this isn't the game for you. Personal housing is there in the form of your Home Instance. Since you can't sit on chairs in the game, why would you be able to sit on a chair in your home? It is part of the game engine that wasn't put in. Play FF if you want them*

Unrealistic wants:

Tanks and Healers

*Want them - please go play another game*

Future Expansions:

Elona and Cantha being explorable with the continuation of various cliff hangers from the first game.

Not going to happen - Cantha is closed off to the rest of Tyria by order of the Emperor when the Dragons re-appeared. Need to read some of the little books, etc. in GW2. There are not so subtle hints all over the place

Originally posted by Masa1

1. Open world pvp

2. Open world pvp

3. Open world pvp

I know exactly what you carebears are thinking about my wishes so please respect them and don't eat me alive.

I also know that my wishes won't come true so you carebears don't have to kill my wishes since they are already dead.

Please don't mention WvW since it's just a lame joke of open world pvp.

This game was not designed for open world PvP so this will never happen. It has nothing to do with 'carebears' it has to do with the game engine was not designed for it, neither was the storyline.

So, you want open world PvP - play AA.

I think open world PvP is a lame joke, because all it does is allow gankers and giefers to have fun.

Originally posted by Margrave
    Mounts

Don't need mounts with all of the waypoints, skritt tunnels, etc. around the game. What would mounts get you besides a chugging game?

I don't get the need for mounts. I find them annoying and really do nothing except for people to say, 'Look at me! I have a mount!'

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631
    Mounts

I've hacked into Anet servers and added mounts in game just for you sir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3P6w2_DNRQ

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

1) more quests and stories along the line we have seen in living story season 2, the orriginal game did not have much story to keep one busy at max level.

2) a way to save builds including gear sets

3) more social tools for guild interaction

4) 5-slots quick bar for consumables (foods and others).

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Mounts

mounts are already in the game, albeit not the conventional animal mounts yet

EDIT: just realized askdaboss already posted about this

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Cross server LFG queue system.
  • MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Mounts

GW2 map design is very vertical so "traditional" mounts dont really make sense.

Also, when i see all the horrible clipping that happens in other games, and imagine how much time they would have to spend to fix that just to add things that doesnt make much sense with map design in the first place, no, id rather they do something else instead.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

First Person View  and PoV Sliders.

Oh wait, we get those next month!  Um, carry on.