Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most Hyped Lobby PvP game ever?

will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365
Has there been another?

Comments

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

it does sound like a 3D moba.

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597
    Sure, why the heck not.
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

What's wrong with that? If there is news about CU you'd like them to share with everyone, feel free to send them a link or something.

As a fan of early PVP games, I'm looking forward to CF and CU and don't really see the point of your need to point out that CF is a terrible lobby game or whatever your issue is. Obviously we'll learn more tomorrow, but clearly CF isn't trying to be the typical PVP mmo. If you prefer a static world game, CU is coming. Those of us that like RTS, strategy, board and other type games will enjoy CF as well.

Too much us vs them mentality in gaming. We should want all different types of games to do well. Imagine, CU, CF, Albion, Shards, etc do well. Probably would lead to more indie or larger companies attempting PVP and player conflict games.

You could always tell MJ to step up his game or something if you need folks hopping on the CU train.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    lobby pvp game? sure why not, as long as its something different than the typical wow clone that i have seen over and over for the last 10 years.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Originally posted by will75
    Has there been another?

I have written this in another thread that this game is a glorified lobby action rpg like Dragon nest or C9 or Vindictus. The difference is that "dungeon" in Crowfall will be expansive, will continue for year and constantly change. These "dungeon" will be called "hunger world" and every aspect of the game will be available in these worlds. Thus i use the term "glorified action rpg" but still it will be far superior to those i mentioned above and i am positively looking forward to this. 

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

I wish FURY had lasted a bit longer, was a pretty fun lobby PVP game. Not much hype though.
  • NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

Sure, with lobbies that are gigantic in size (thanks to random generation), every lobby being unique, every lobby lasting up to a few years, full enviromental destruction, persistent characters. I prefer these lobbies over stale no-win condition PvP games, it gets boring after 2 years of playing a game and theres still no clear victor.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    It looks like a lot of fun, and hell I can get the wife to play, because theres different rule sets. I just backed it for 2 $60 packages.
  • Salio69Salio69 Member CommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by Allein

What's wrong with that? If there is news about CU you'd like them to share with everyone, feel free to send them a link or something.

As a fan of early PVP games, I'm looking forward to CF and CU and don't really see the point of your need to point out that CF is a terrible lobby game or whatever your issue is. Obviously we'll learn more tomorrow, but clearly CF isn't trying to be the typical PVP mmo. If you prefer a static world game, CU is coming. Those of us that like RTS, strategy, board and other type games will enjoy CF as well.

Too much us vs them mentality in gaming. We should want all different types of games to do well. Imagine, CU, CF, Albion, Shards, etc do well. Probably would lead to more indie or larger companies attempting PVP and player conflict games.

You could always tell MJ to step up his game or something if you need folks hopping on the CU train.

Whats CU?

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    It's not a lobby game, the servers are temporary, that's completely different, as its more like a online strategy game. Not a lot of mmo players have done them so they don't know how it feels, but it is nothing like a lobby game, as the entire experience is a cross between a open world mmo and a long running campaign map. Imagine a game of Total War lasting months played in 3rd person, while your character/account lasts between matches.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    A year or more is longer than I play most MMOs, so should be fine.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• jairusjairus Member UncommonPosts: 175
    In the kickstarter video he roughly said a campaign will last 3 months. maybe some less or more? who knows. Its definitely not your typical mmo where friendship are made over years of playing together in the same world.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    How people think this is a lobby game makes me laugh. Just the worlds live 1-3 months and are huge continents not little zones. With one world static as this is where your guild/player housing is. 
  • jairusjairus Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    How people think this is a lobby game makes me laugh. Just the worlds live 1-3 months and are huge continents not little zones. With one world static as this is where your guild/player housing is. 

You just described a lobby game. lol.

• FeralLokiFeralLoki Member UncommonPosts: 134

it looks like a tablet game lol

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by FeralLoki

it looks like a tablet game lol

So does WoW.

But it's gameplay that matters more than anything else.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by jesteralways
    Originally posted by will75
    Has there been another?

I have written this in another thread that this game is a glorified lobby action rpg like Dragon nest or C9 or Vindictus. The difference is that "dungeon" in Crowfall will be expansive, will continue for year and constantly change. These "dungeon" will be called "hunger world" and every aspect of the game will be available in these worlds. Thus i use the term "glorified action rpg" but still it will be far superior to those i mentioned above and i am positively looking forward to this. 

It's different! It's... it's... change!!!1 Make it go away! BURN IT WITH FIRE!!!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by Salio69

Whats CU?

Camelot Unchained, the game the OP is supporting and apparently wants everyone else to. "Why don't you guys like what I like?"

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by jairus
    In the kickstarter video he roughly said a campaign will last 3 months. maybe some less or more? who knows. Its definitely not your typical mmo where friendship are made over years of playing together in the same world.

Some world last 1 year.

Nobody said that a guild can not move together to next campain map

Only thing different is that you lose stranglehold like goons have in EVE , where basically they own everything, game over

Instead "goons" will have to prove themselves in battle and politics every time

So everyone including goons have fun

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Neherun

Sure, with lobbies that are gigantic in size (thanks to random generation), every lobby being unique, every lobby lasting up to a few years, full enviromental destruction, persistent characters. I prefer these lobbies over stale no-win condition PvP games, it gets boring after 2 years of playing a game and theres still no clear victor. 

So they say lol, some people can't resist hype even when they haven't seen any of these features working.

• dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Originally posted by Neherun

So they say lol, some people can't resist hype even when they haven't seen any of these features working.

But they have seen it working, in Landmark.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

im getting a cash grab vibe from this game and heres why...

firstly their lead publisher is in the video and they are using him to help gain trust in its player base wih his experience with games like UO etc.. the truth is hes a publisher he hands out money in return for money he is into profits and a publisher is generally more interested in making something that makes him money than something that is truely great. Also banding around a publishers previous ventures is simply trying to hype a product you have made and having a publisher as 1 of your lead spokesmen sounds like its all about the profits.

next the lead designer was the lead designer on shadowbane which was a disaster of an mmo. Now he may very well have learned a great deal from that project but players wont really know until release.

The tag line for the kickstarter is "game of thrones meets eve online". now i dont koow about the rest of the people watching the kickstarter but i did not see any similarity between crowfall and those 2 things. crowfall imo seemed to be a combination of wow and planetside. These are just buzz words being banded about in the hopes of gaining interest. Its essentially a lie if on release players find out the game has nothing in common.

The game has gone with a wow skin. It looks like wow in appearance and again this is to spike interest because people play wow and to associate your game with wow can only = profits

they  used the term mmo meets strategy game but failed to actually explain where the strategy element comes in and to what degree there would be strategy. the game to me at least seemed to have about as much strategy as planetside which is to say not very much.

procedural voxel terrain can be great but it does subtract from a game in some areas. for example the world will not feel crafted and there wont be any story to its locals. no ruins left long ago no environments with stories to tell and no interesting locations to discover. It will start to feel bland very quickly. With worlds being destroyed and re appearing it will becoem difficult to get attached to any of it.

destructable terrain can be fun, certainly in an mmo but it just seems over the top in this like every small thing you do will tear the scenery apart. I can see this working in a more realistic medieval environment where destruction is limited to siege weapons but its going to get old fast with this and it seems like building a castle isnt exactly worth it.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365
    Originally posted by Allein
    Originally posted by Salio69

Whats CU?

Camelot Unchained, the game the OP is supporting and apparently wants everyone else to. "Why don't you guys like what I like?"

I monetarily support both games, i prefer Camelot Unchained's potential for oldschool  roaming 8v8 type of RvR. Beyond that, it is what it is. I have same monies invested in both's development. A bit more with Camelot Unchained.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Not defending anything here, but I really don't think you can seriously count this as a lobby PvP game.