Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyrim style Dark Fantasy/Horror MMORPG opens doors this February.

YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677

I've become weary of fantasy MMORPGs and their features but there is one game on horison which really caught my interest. Developers of the game have named it Revival because they want to revive the MMORPG genre with the game. There is already a lot of information on the game's website and many features sound very ambitious. However, the project is still very early in development and not much has been turned from promises to reality yet.

Some gaming sites have made previews of the game very recently because last week developers added a store that sells houses to allow early fans to become founders. Since the same company is also involved in making Star Citizen, they decided to try a similar model as Star Citizen to add some extra revenue for the development. Last week they had 500 houses for sale initially but many of the best houses ($175-215 tier 3 houses on US and EU gold servers) have already been sold by now.

Early screenshots are looking quite nice. It is known that the game will run on Unreal Engine 4.

Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
* more info, screenshots and videos here

Comments

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433
    The screenshots look gorgeous thats for sure.
  • YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677
    Originally posted by Ergload
    The screenshots look gorgeous thats for sure.

It is very gorgeous indeed because it is being made with Unreal Engine 4.

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Skyrim style?

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Just like SC be very careful of promises and screenshots,neither make a game.

I just tried that tidbit SC is offering and i deleted it after only 10 minutes.Sure it is not a complete game yet,only a tid bit ,but it was enough to have me delete it and forget it,my hunch is the game will NOT deliver at all on it's hype.

As for this game,again trying the same formula,sell a bunch of pictures and make a ton of cash.You still need a game behind eye candy and that is something even the biggest developers have been struggling to pull off.The games i have seen come out over the last 10 years have been 99% crap and i mean crap.

So to think this game can deliver based on some nice pictures ,is a far cry from the truth.

Let's see a working game,even if one area and let us try it out,then maybe some money is warranted.Problem is there are a lot of foolish spenders out there  who will just toss their money over without a thought of common sense.Devs love those type of free spenders,it allows them to get rich while providing NO SERVICE.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989

To add to what Wizardry said....the screens and such have been around for over a year with nothing more to show. I saw it at least a year ago and the only thing that seems to have changed is the spiffy website.

Don't get me wrong...I have been watching and hoping. But have not seen much change from the first time I read about it.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421

@Wizardry and Gestankfaust:

Developers of Revival have been very convincing, but you are right that actions speak louder than words. On paper the game concept and systems sound amazing but since the launch of new website four months ago the only real new content has been the housing store with the map of the first town, description of neighborhoods and house descriptions and locations. Let's hope that they will release some  videos or even a game client for Stage 1 this spring.

Today Revival devs walked around and showed a tenement and a cottage. Tenement footage begins at 27 minutes and cottage footage 37 minutes mark into the livecast. They've promised to show a house and a manse in the next livecast.

http://www.twitch.tv/revivalgame/b/644906355

On US gold server almost all $180-200 houses and $350-400 manses have already been sold. There were 50 houses and 45 manses for sale 45 days ago. Now there are only 8 houses and 3 manses left. People have also bought almost half of the $80-90 cottages.

Stage 1 of the game should be ready in summer. It'll be a single player house simulator.

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    No offense but it smells like a money sink hole. Probably another fail game that will have some hype but ultimately die. Trust me don't spend a dime on any game anymore until it comes out and has been tested.

• Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566

"they decided to try a similar model as Star Citizen to add some extra revenue for the development"

While I'm intrigued, based on this information I will choose to ignore the game until I hear of it launching.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

when i first saw this game being announced at mmosite.com it really got my interest.

Now it looks like its following on Star Citizen's with the massive cash grab.

I'll pass

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    If I want a skyrim type mmo, I'll play ESO.  At least we know the game actually exists.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Just like SC be very careful of promises and screenshots,neither make a game.

I just tried that tidbit SC is offering and i deleted it after only 10 minutes.Sure it is not a complete game yet,only a tid bit ,but it was enough to have me delete it and forget it,my hunch is the game will NOT deliver at all on it's hype.

As for this game,again trying the same formula,sell a bunch of pictures and make a ton of cash.You still need a game behind eye candy and that is something even the biggest developers have been struggling to pull off.The games i have seen come out over the last 10 years have been 99% crap and i mean crap.

So to think this game can deliver based on some nice pictures ,is a far cry from the truth.

Let's see a working game,even if one area and let us try it out,then maybe some money is warranted.Problem is there are a lot of foolish spenders out there  who will just toss their money over without a thought of common sense.Devs love those type of free spenders,it allows them to get rich while providing NO SERVICE.

Ya be careful because SC is not a game......

Star Citizen keeps releasing and selling new ships to grab more and more cash. In today's livecast CEO of the company making Revival has promised that no new houses will appear for sale until stage 6 when the game sees full final release. We'll see in a year or two if they can stick to that plan. However, they do plan to sell more houses later when the game world expands and new towns appear. In the near future they might transform one or two of the standard servers into a gold server to boost house sales. They said this in today's livecast. They will probably do that because so far 95% of houses have been sold on pay-to-play gold servers and only 5% on standard free-to-play servers. 

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    On paper....and with screen shots the game has my attention. Now I want to see game production move forward. Not seeing a playable game till 2017....ummmmm.