Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

your entire site design stinks

tsr57tsr57 Member Posts: 187

seriously , get rid of this lame grey box template layout for this site..

take a look at fileplanets layout/graphics.. now thats a nice site design..

http://www.fileplanet.com

Comments

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

I like this site's design. Fileplanet's sucks.

This sites design is simple and to the point. Fileplanet's is too flashy and doesn't follow a good professional website layout, more of a 16yr old's homepage layout.

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • dspawndspawn Member Posts: 37

I like this layout... alot!

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

I think it's pretty awful, too. I don't find it even a little attractive. It doesn't work very well, either.

Sorry, MMORPG.com. ::::19::

• vanso0vanso0 Member Posts: 30
    This site design is boring and makes me feel bad maby somthing more colourfull. All this grey makes me feel that there are not many visitors on this site.

• KormacKormac Member Posts: 297

Fileplanet assaults your eyes in a way that more moderate tones don't, and bright, red large pictures prominently placed over much of the right half of the screen is very distracting.

I like this design for allowing me to read the text without first copying it to notepad. (I've had to do that on some extremely flashy locations, nothing like fileplanet)

The design here isn't exciting in any way, and not extraordinarily smooth. But sincerely I don't care.

The future: Adellion
    Common flaw in MMORPGs: The ability to die casually
    Advantages of Adellion: Dynamic world (affected by its inhabitants)
    Player-driven world (beasts won't be an endless supply of mighty swords, gold will come from mines, not dragonly dens)
    Player-driven world (Leadership is the privilege of a player, not an npc)

• I really wish they would change this site...it's way old. Maybe some new emotes...same ones, better art.::::28::

• PRprincePRprince Member Posts: 46

you guys are full of shit seriously. one ideot is saying that a site layou is the best and that thisone sucks, when the site hes giving isnt very different from this one.

if u guys are sick of this layout maybe you might want to go and actually visit other websites for a change. maybe open up the blinds and go outside like normal people u buch of computer nerds!

like mister 'Lame username' said

''seriously''

• jdhsnake42jdhsnake42 Member Posts: 19
    image Hello whoever thinks this site layout is good is nuts. They don't even have a rs forum.
  • RufiusRufius Member Posts: 2,031

Yes, this site is in need of a new design this one is if I'm thinking correctly, 4+ years old?

The darkness is prone to cause people to be depressed and, isn't soothing colors which most newer sites try to go with. If they blended a light olive green color it could look better but, that's just a simple suggestion. Lots of other colors to use!

This entire site was built from the ground up so they did good to get this far but, it's not doing good enough now.

I suggest they should try if they may to make a more customized forum for each game instead of adding a logo with each forum and a couple sub forums. They should get someone working on some new forum textures as well as a new logo... if you ask me. But, the bugs in the posting sequence is the worst problem, so many double posts and glitches. Lots they could do but, I really don't know if mmorpg.com will or, can do it.

Professor Hubert Farnsworth - That question is less stupid but, you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

• jdhsnake42jdhsnake42 Member Posts: 19
    imageimageimage Finally someone with some common sense in this place. GO BETRAYAL! Yeah I agree totally with him. U rock on dudeimage
  • alex007152alex007152 Member Posts: 178

i think that the admin might get offended of this, even if its your opinion.
    if you guys hate this website design, why don't you make a better one then?

in my opinion, is this this website ok, altough i prefer phpbb as forum, for me its fine :)

~Alex007152~

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    I don't mind the layout, my only problem with that site is the speed, it's slow, very very slow.
  • DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415

Guys,

This is the site suggestion board. We hardly want you to post only how much you love things. Tear it to shreds. We may not agree, but it is always useful.

Dana Massey
    Formerly of MMORPG.com
    Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

• shawnpaul3shawnpaul3 Member Posts: 25

I've searched around a bit and this is by far the best MMORPG site that I can find.  It has lots of detail without making the screen too "busy" and difficult to read.  The color scheme is just personal preference, so some won't like it and others will love it.  I personally think it's very calming and not depressing.  I would like the slowness to be fixed, but I'm sure that is being worked on.  I would also like an easy method of finding posts that I have left.  It may already be possible, but I couldn't find any info or help on it.

FilePlanet is an awful site.  To not just spout my opinion...it is way too busy and isn't user friendly.  They put way too much information on each page, which makes it difficult to navigate and find what you're looking for.  Also, too many times I've had to clink link after link after link to get to a subject that would have made more sense with just one click.

BTW, I know why the site is slow at times.  The Lead Content Editor is from Canada.  Isn't everything slower up there, especially during hockey season...which is year round, eh.

I love picking on our Canadian friends.  Have another beer, eh.  Here's one for you Lepidus:

Top Ten Reasons For Being Canadian <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

10. Only country to successfully invade the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />US and burn its capital to the ground.

9. Own-an-Eskimo scheme.

8. Kill Grizzly bears with huge frigging shotguns and cover your house in their skins.

7. Only country to successfully invade the US and burn its capital to the ground.

6. A political leader can admit to smoking pot and his/her popularity ratings will rise.

5. Where else can you travel 1000 miles over fresh water in a canoe?

4. Only country to successfully invade the US and burn its capital to the ground.

3. You can play hockey 12 months a year, outdoors.

2. Only country to successfully invade the US and burn its capital to the ground.

1. It beats being an American.

• DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415

Originally posted by shawnpaul3
    I've searched around a bit and this is by far the best MMORPG site that I can find. It has lots of detail without making the screen too "busy" and difficult to read. The color scheme is just personal preference, so some won't like it and others will love it. I personally think it's very calming and not depressing. I would like the slowness to be fixed, but I'm sure that is being worked on. I would also like an easy method of finding posts that I have left. It may already be possible, but I couldn't find any info or help on it.
    FilePlanet is an awful site. To not just spout my opinion...it is way too busy and isn't user friendly. They put way too much information on each page, which makes it difficult to navigate and find what you're looking for. Also, too many times I've had to clink link after link after link to get to a subject that would have made more sense with just one click.
    BTW, I know why the site is slow at times. The Lead Content Editor is from Canada. Isn't everything slower up there, especially during hockey season...which is year round, eh.
    I love picking on our Canadian friends. Have another beer, eh. Here's one for you Lepidus:
    Top Ten Reasons For Being Canadian
    10. Only country to successfully invade the US and burn its capital to the ground.
    9. Own-an-Eskimo scheme.
    8. Kill Grizzly bears with huge frigging shotguns and cover your house in their skins.
    7. Only country to successfully invade the US and burn its capital to the ground.
    6. A political leader can admit to smoking pot and his/her popularity ratings will rise.
    5. Where else can you travel 1000 miles over fresh water in a canoe?
    4. Only country to successfully invade the US and burn its capital to the ground.
    3. You can play hockey 12 months a year, outdoors.
    2. Only country to successfully invade the US and burn its capital to the ground.
    1. It beats being an American.

I believe only items 10, 7, 4 and 2 are 100% true, but good list ;)

The site however, runs from Hawaii. The content folks (Jon and I) are in Canada.

Dana Massey
    Formerly of MMORPG.com
    Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

• nexus42nexus42 Member Posts: 288

I could care less about the color scheme, layout, etc. Content is King.

But what the Admins may want to do in the site's next iteration is allow for a couple of different themes to choose from. One template that is similar to the current design for those who fear change, one thats colorful, and one that is low-graphics for the dial-up crowd.

I'm not sure what forum system you guys are looking at, but if you need some help email me. I have some basic Php knowledge and lots of XP with modding things such as phpBB, postnuke, joomla etc. I may be able to help, maybe not, but the offer is there.

...Pika