Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want my money back if you add a cash shop

124»

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Even if the servers would close down you wouldn't get your money back. I'm sure there is something in the EULA that protects the developers, and nothing about giving you your money back if they do something different.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Of course it's plain wrong but I doubt you can get your money back. It would be very much doubtful even according to European continental law but as far as I know US consumer law is even more "liberal".
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Righteous_Rock
    Won't change my opinion, the players will still be sorry excuses for real gamers, it's like plastic surgery, it's like playing a sport just so you can wear the jersey, it's a good looking apple on the outside that's full of worms on the inside, it will just be a bunch of wannabes. That's where most games are today and if d3 caves that's what players of that game will be too.

Even those not taking part in those sales? Not that I'd be among them I find all diablo style games to be nothing more than pinatas with little fun to be had, even of the mindless variety.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Originally posted by jonesing22
    Originally posted by Horusra

I wish people like the OP and those like him would leave MMO's.  They have turned the games form fun group interaction play to constant whining and competition.  The constant worry about what someone else is doing that they can not or that someone is doing it differently than them be it spending more money than time to get to the same place as him if he spent more time than money.  What does it matter the competition...the "I want to be #1". 

Sometime past someone made a post about players not being the hero's...never would work because people like the OP make up the masses it seems.  The quest to be the hero...the quest to be noticed by the game...the quest to have the shiny no one else has. 

Well, not exactly - I see your point though. The thing about D3 is there are actual leaderboards and there is competition. I think you're leaning more towards the mmorpg players that want world or server firsts because who knows why.    

Jones is right, there is competition in d3, add in a cash shop and you might as well kiss the competition goodbye.

Once again MMO's should not have leader boards, ranked PvP, or gear scores.

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Originally posted by Distopia

Won't change my opinion, the players will still be sorry excuses for real gamers, it's like plastic surgery, it's like playing a sports. t just so you can wear the jersey, it's a good looking apple on the outside that's full of worms on the inside, it will just be a bunch of wannabes. That's where most games are today and if d3 caves that's what players of that game will be too.

Even those not taking part in those sales? Not that I'd be among them I find all diablo style games to be nothing more than pinatas with little fun to be had, even of the mindless variety.

Not if there was a title to distinguish real players versus cash shop wannabe, that's why I said if you make one purchase you automatically get a title that can't be taken from your character name, so we can distinguish real from imposter wannabe guy. I think Poser is a good fit.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

I have played D3 since release and to me it is the best ARPG out there. I will wait and see before being firm on any thoughts about a cash shop since as of right now it is Asia only I think. However my thoughts right now follow.

They have mentioned:

Wings - Not a big deal. I would probably buy Tyraels wings since I missed out on those and they look awesome.

Pets that follow you around - Not a big deal. I view it as similar to the treasure goblin but the pet will do nothing.

EXP Potions - Doesnt bother me. There are those that already level up much faster than I do so it really changes nothing.

Other Cosmetics - Not sure what would be here.. Possibly different character models? I know I HATE the male Crusader model so that could be a choice for me. Exclusive gear skins possibly but nothing I would buy as I always use low level gear looks on my characters.

They have NOT mentioned:

Gear

Straight Purchasing Levels

Power

---

I have seen people bring up the leaderboards but nothing that they have mentioned will let anyone go up the rankings. They arent going to be buying Gear or Skill Buffs or Damage Buffs or any other Power from the cash shop. Those that think Leaderboards matter ( newsflash - they dont ) will still have their fake exploited / cheesed epeen to brag about.

Now what a cash shop COULD mean is that they may forgo selling expansions and start doing DLC ( much like Elder Scrolls Online is planning ) that offer new zones or possibly new classes ( like Marvel Heroes selling Heroes ).

All in All right now I dont see this having a negative impact on gameplay.

• booniedog96booniedog96 Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Originally posted by booniedog96
    So you want a refund if they throw in a cash shop that will most likely have only cosmetics but yet you stuck through the real money auction house (obvious p2w is obvious) in its previous version.  You know that cash shops are totally optional right?  Besides, it's a single player game, who are you competing with for cosmetics?  

What start as Cosmetic will surely turn into potions and power, this game deserve better than that, when you see a paragon 1000, that should mean something, add in a cash shop and all that goes away.

So why did you not demand a refund when the real money auction house was in place?  You were ok with it then, why get pissed now?

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

This is probably not coming to EU/NA.

Besides I thought everyone on these forums liked POE? And that game is a cash shop game. Sadly it seems a lot of games are going down the cash shop route. I mean look at MMOs. All the F2P MMOs are disgusting, some are very greedy.

THis is one of the reasons I didn't like POE. My character looked like shit, there was no customisation and the cosmetics were in the shop so yeah :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631
    Originally posted by DAS1337
    Originally posted by cesmode8

You wont get a refund and Ill start laughing if you throw around legal terms and such.  You probably didn't buy the game within the last 30 or 60 days.. probably got it sometime in the last 2+ years.  You wont get your money back.

And listen, if they launch a cash shop that allows me to purchase more stash space, character space, cosmetics, etc...I'm all for giving the developers a bit more money to pump out more content for the game because the game really needs more content systems and build diversity.  They simply don't have the budget for these things.

Think logically.  It would be for the best.  As far as any possibly XP boosts are concerned...who knows. 

Wait.. you just typed that didn't you?  They don't have the budget for content?  Blizzard?  The most successful MMO gaming company that has ever existed? 

And you say think logically.  I think you are a bit confused.

Most large companies with a portfolio of products will treat each product separately, and each product must be profitable on its own.

Usually the only moment when money/skills are taken from a product to another one is during the initial development/initial investment phases. Then it's "to each their own" and each product becomes its own "small entity".

Aside from this:

- Exclusive Wings are already available for NA/EU,

- Exclusive Pet is already available for NA/EU

- Exclusive character slots are already available for NA/EU

(=> you can upgrade to Collector's edition status to get wings, pet, character slots - but of course I cannot say if it is still available)

- Exclusive cosmetics are already available for NA/EU (play Season 1/Season 2)

The only things that aren't in game yet are XP boosts and equipment slots. Now it is bad if: it affects paragon points and if it affect seasonal characters (with specific achievements).

Many people in the D3 forums have been asking for more space or more character slots, so I'm interested to see how it turns out.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

I wish people like the OP and those like him would leave MMO's.  They have turned the games form fun group interaction play to constant whining and competition.  The constant worry about what someone else is doing that they can not or that someone is doing it differently than them be it spending more money than time to get to the same place as him if he spent more time than money.  What does it matter the competition...the "I want to be #1".  Sometime past someone made a post about players not being the hero's...never would work because people like the OP make up the masses it seems.  The quest to be the hero...the quest to be noticed by the game...the quest to have the shiny no one else has. 

Well, not exactly - I see your point though. The thing about D3 is there are actual leaderboards and there is competition. I think you're leaning more towards the mmorpg players that want world or server firsts because who knows why.    

Jones is right, there is competition in d3, add in a cash shop and you might as well kiss the competition goodbye.

And once again, D3 is not a MMO, it's OK for this title to have them.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I wish people like the OP and those like him would leave MMO's.  They have turned the games form fun group interaction play to constant whining and competition.  The constant worry about what someone else is doing that they can not or that someone is doing it differently than them be it spending more money than time to get to the same place as him if he spent more time than money.  What does it matter the competition...the "I want to be #1".  Sometime past someone made a post about players not being the hero's...never would work because people like the OP make up the masses it seems.  The quest to be the hero...the quest to be noticed by the game...the quest to have the shiny no one else has. 

And once again, D3 is not a MMO, it's OK for this title to have them.

I agree Kyleran, I believe leader boards make it harder to add a cash shop because of pay to win. Add a cash shop with potions and the entire history of the game is compromised. That's not something fake gamers aka cash shopper cares about
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

what cash shop? There is no such thing in the US version.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    I'd be OK with it if they added content and improved the game at a MUCH faster rate.  But if that was the case I'd actually be inclined to play it.  Marvel Heroes may have lots of warts but it's the most addictive ARPG to me since D2.  And if MH didn't exist I'd play POE.
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    I'd be OK with it if they added content and improved the game at a MUCH faster rate.  But if that was the case I'd actually be inclined to play it.  Marvel Heroes may have lots of warts but it's the most addictive ARPG to me since D2.  And if MH didn't exist I'd play POE.

wait .. why do one have to choose one over the other? It is not like we are constrained to play only a single game.

I play BOTH D3 *and* marvel heroes.

D3 has better combat and polished. Marvel Heroes have more characters, better gameplay variety, and they add content faster. I don't see a problem to play both. In fact, I play D3 more when there is new content out (like recently) and MH more when it is adding new stuff.

This week, i am doing both almost 50-50, just because I am still enjoying the new stuff in D3 (patch 2.2) and MH has put out new Age of Ultron stuff.

PoE .. i don't play (currently, i played before) because I don't like its combat, and the horrible one point here, one point there skill tree (or is that a forest).

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Kefo
    Originally posted by Righteous_Rock Originally by Kefo Originally posted by Righteous_Rock http://www.pcgamer.com/microtransactions-may-be-coming-to-diablo-3-in-non-american-regions/ If that happens, I simply want a refund full refund for all versions of the game I own. This is just ignorant, it's wrong.
    assuming your profile is correct then how does this change affect you exactly?
      It's not about me, and for the record, my profile is just a bunch of made up bs. I viewed d3 as a timeless classic, this changes things.
    Well I suppose it changes things if you don't live in an America region and if its not about you then why make the post demanding your money back?

this thread is hilarious!

dude wants his money back for something that does not effect him at all? LMAO!! i have now seen it all....

Originally posted by baphamet

Originally posted by Kefo

Originally by Kefo

Originally posted by Righteous_Rock http://www.pcgamer.com/microtransactions-may-be-coming-to-diablo-3-in-non-american-regions/ If that happens, I simply want a refund full refund for all versions of the game I own. This is just ignorant, it's wrong.
    assuming your profile is correct then how does this change affect you exactly?
      It's not about me, and for the record, my profile is just a bunch of made up bs. I viewed d3 as a timeless classic, this changes things.
    Well I suppose it changes things if you don't live in an America region and if its not about you then why make the post demanding your money back?

this thread is hilarious!

dude wants his money back for something that does not effect him at all? LMAO!! i have now seen it all....

wait until he sues Blizz on behalf of half a billion of Chinese players ....