Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want my money back if you add a cash shop

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

I wish people like the OP and those like him would leave MMO's.  They have turned the games form fun group interaction play to constant whining and competition.  The constant worry about what someone else is doing that they can not or that someone is doing it differently than them be it spending more money than time to get to the same place as him if he spent more time than money.  What does it matter the competition...the "I want to be #1". 

Sometime past someone made a post about players not being the hero's...never would work because people like the OP make up the masses it seems.  The quest to be the hero...the quest to be noticed by the game...the quest to have the shiny no one else has. 

• Originally posted by booniedog96
    So you want a refund if they throw in a cash shop that will most likely have only cosmetics but yet you stuck through the real money auction house (obvious p2w is obvious) in its previous version.  You know that cash shops are totally optional right?  Besides, it's a single player game, who are you competing with for cosmetics?  

This is a point worth noting. If you played through with the real money and gold auction house, then this should be a very minor concern. However, if you're in my boat and actually returned when those two auction houses were thrown away (now you are able to play the game instead of just worrying about farming gold) then I see the call for attention. If this starts as cosmetic items only that is okay but I have not witnessed a cash shop to stick with cosmetics only yet.

• Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791

Ah you people can't be pleased. 

They were getting funded originally by the auction house, y'all complained it was unfair and stupid - they removed it. 

Now they add, probably a cosmetics shop, and y'all lose your shit. 

Get a grip .... 

• Originally posted by Horusra

I wish people like the OP and those like him would leave MMO's.  They have turned the games form fun group interaction play to constant whining and competition.  The constant worry about what someone else is doing that they can not or that someone is doing it differently than them be it spending more money than time to get to the same place as him if he spent more time than money.  What does it matter the competition...the "I want to be #1". 

Sometime past someone made a post about players not being the hero's...never would work because people like the OP make up the masses it seems.  The quest to be the hero...the quest to be noticed by the game...the quest to have the shiny no one else has. 

Well, not exactly - I see your point though. The thing about D3 is there are actual leaderboards and there is competition. I think you're leaning more towards the mmorpg players that want world or server firsts because who knows why.    

• Originally posted by Leon1e

Ah you people can't be pleased. 

They were getting funded originally by the auction house, y'all complained it was unfair and stupid - they removed it. 

Now they add, probably a cosmetics shop, and y'all lose your shit. 

Get a grip .... 

Blizzard is a large company, with deep pockets, I expect them to release content for money, not cosmetics. 

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Originally posted by jonesing22

Originally posted by Horusra
    I wish people like the OP and those like him would leave MMO's.  They have turned the games form fun group interaction play to constant whining and competition.  The constant worry about what someone else is doing that they can not or that someone is doing it differently than them be it spending more money than time to get to the same place as him if he spent more time than money.  What does it matter the competition...the "I want to be #1".  Sometime past someone made a post about players not being the hero's...never would work because people like the OP make up the masses it seems.  The quest to be the hero...the quest to be noticed by the game...the quest to have the shiny no one else has. 

Well, not exactly - I see your point though. The thing about D3 is there are actual leaderboards and there is competition. I think you're leaning more towards the mmorpg players that want world or server firsts because who knows why.    

Jones is right, there is competition in d3, add in a cash shop and you might as well kiss the competition goodbye.
  • apb2011apb2011 Member UncommonPosts: 168

How else do you think a game company is suppose to get money back for all the time spent making the game?? D3 is going through on going development and before release it took Blizzard 6 years to develop vanilla D3. Complaining about games having Cash Shops is what I think is ignorant. All the time spent making the game, maintaining it and adding new content warrants the need for a cash shop. And this goes for all games that have cash shops.

To all the people that hate this way of thinking and monetizing content, you people all live in a dream world. It takes alot of manpower to make a game and even more to maintain it. Especially triple A games. I think most of the people complaining about this have no idea the manpower, money and planning it takes to make games for the masses.

[mod edit]

• urriel1970urriel1970 Member UncommonPosts: 120
    it's pure greed from blizzard.....you want to get back at them...don't buy anything...don't support a company that care's more about money..then you or the game.....stop the sub's for wow....don't log on..find other things to do or other game's.....paying them for anything is letting them win...not even one dollar...!!
  • zzaxzzax Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Originally posted by Horusra

I wish people like the OP and those like him would leave MMO's.  They have turned the games form fun group interaction play to constant whining and competition. 

pay to win = fun group interaction?

• Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469

The cash shop isn't added so they can fork out $$ in refunds. The idea is to bring in more $$.

Having said that... I don't think you'll be getting a refund.

-Chuckles
  • zzaxzzax Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Originally posted by apb2011

How else do you think a game company is suppose to get money back for all the time spent making the game?? D3 is going through on going development and before release it took Blizzard 6 years to develop vanilla D3. Complaining about games having Cash Shops is what I think is ignorant. All the time spent making the game, maintaining it and adding new content warrants the need for a cash shop. And this goes for all games that have cash shops.

To all the people that hate this way of thinking and monetizing content, you people all live in a dream world. It takes alot of manpower to make a game and even more to maintain it. Especially triple A games. I think most of the people complaining about this have no idea the manpower, money and planning it takes to make games for the masses.

[mod edit]

1. Diablo2 took them as many years.
    2. It doesnt have cash shop, just pure b2p
    3. 15 years later they are still making money on it

Possible? Yes.

[mod edit]

• reemireemi Member UncommonPosts: 45

It's not sure, and what's the difference between buying a sword on ebay for diablo 2 VS a cute helm on Blizzard store?.

Anyway, we are in 2015, and now almost every games have optional buyable content. That's not fun when you are a casual player who switch games every weeks, but when you play the same game for years, it's a nice addition and if you don't like that you can ignore it. 

For me, after playing ~500 hours in Diablo3, I would like more content and I'm ready to pay for that...

Again, buying extra slot in GW was fine. Buying season pass in Call of Duty is okay. Buying cars in Forza is fine too. Buying coins in Farm Ville is awesome. Buying characters in LoL is fine. Buying DAY ONE pass is ok. Buying extra golds in GTA5 online is okay.... Buying your favorite song in Rockband is HOT... Etc...

BUT... buying things in Blizzard games = greedy!

NOBODY WORKS FOR FREE. EVERY COMPANY WANT MONEY. EVERYBODY WANT MORE MONEY. 

Anything Blizzard will do, the people on this forum won't be happy anyway.

Source;

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16410220920#1

[code]

In the meantime, some new features may start to show up in data mined information for patch 2.2.0 that will not apply to all regions. Specifically, the following features will not apply to the Americas:

[/code]

[code]

While we may explore this model in some regions, we have no immediate plans to implement such purchases or the aforementioned features anytime soon for the Americas region.

[/code]

Originally posted by Charlie.Cheswick

The cash shop isn't added so they can fork out $$ in refunds. The idea is to bring in more $$.Having said that... I don't think you'll be getting a refund.

Right, if they want more money, they could make an expansion and sell it, or they can make d4..... Adding a cash shop just sticks it to everyone that has been playing though, playing and grinding for gear and achievements, why doesn't that resonate with some of you? You're like I want it, but I don't want to play the game and earn it, I just want to buy it. That's not even a person that likes playing, that is just a poser.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

A cash shop would make complete sense for the game. Obvious Blizzard wants to keep developing the game, there's a huge player base and tons of replayability. But releasing new content without new revenue streams is a losing proposition, and given Blizzards standards they can't manage to release expansions fast enough.

What do you think they'd put in a cash shop though? They already got rid of the AH/RMAH because it invalidated core elements of the game. I don't see them going back on that now with a P2W cash shop. Most likely special armor sets and pets which is all perfectly acceptable in my book.

• ashe59ashe59 Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Cash shops are not my favorite thing in the world either , but don't assume they're the developers fault . If players didn't use them they wouldn't exist , Have to stop the problem at the source .
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    My immidiate gut feeling says Asian Markets, but I could be wrong.
  • Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by Righteous_Rock

The cash shop isn't added so they can fork out $$ in refunds. The idea is to bring in more $$.

Right, if they want more money, they could make an expansion and sell it, or they can make d4..... Adding a cash shop just sticks it to everyone that has been playing though, playing and grinding for gear and achievements, why doesn't that resonate with some of you? You're like I want it, but I don't want to play the game and earn it, I just want to buy it. That's not even a person that likes playing, that is just a poser.

Preaching to the choir my man. I totally agree, cash shops are cancer for gamers. It'll be the death of the genre or at the very least, a transformation of the target audience. 50 yrs from now, Vegas will be a ghost town because all the slot jockeys will be playing the RNG game in one of these "ftp" MMOs. And all the old MMO gamers will be playing emu(s).

Such is the decline of civilization. 

-Chuckles
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Relax. They already said that there would be two more xpacs coming up after RoS, so just be patient.

Them working on a Cash Shop (that may never even see the light of day outside of the Asian countries) doesn't stop them from working on other projects. I'm sure they've already got the next expansion planned, and probably in development.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    I'll do my part to bring about the next crash.

As of today, this man is swearing off gaming.
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

The cash shop isn't added so they can fork out $$ in refunds. The idea is to bring in more $$. Having said that... I don't think you'll be getting a refund.

Relax. They already said that there would be two more xpacs coming up after RoS, so just be patient.

Them working on a Cash Shop (that may never even see the light of day outside of the Asian countries) doesn't stop them from working on other projects. I'm sure they've already got the next expansion planned, and probably in development.

I won't buy the expansion unless they come out and say no cash shops ever. There are enough cash shop games out there for whales and posers, aka fake gamers, aka wannabe gamers, aka games to hard can I just buy my gear, aka I don't have the time, aka did I say wannabe? At any rate there are enough other games available for the wannabe gamers to go spend money in cash shops, let d3 be a place where people that actually come and have a real sense of gaming achievement can come. If they absolutely must have a cash shop, then there should be a permanent title attached to anyone's name that buys even one item, that title should be Poser because that's exactly what they are.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

I won't buy the expansion unless they come out and say no cash shops ever. There are enough cash shop games out there for whales and posers, aka fake gamers, aka wannabe gamers, aka games to hard can I just buy my gear, aka I don't have the time, aka did I say wannabe? At any rate there are enough other games available for the wannabe gamers to go spend money in cash shops, let d3 be a place where people that actually come and have a real sense of gaming achievement can come. If they absolutely must have a cash shop, then there should be a permanent title attached to anyone's name that buys even one item, that title should be Poser because that's exactly what they are.

Your loss. In my experience companies ignore tantrums, and they most certainly don't make promises regarding future financial schemes.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    They do not care about you as they have a few million more who will pay and play so to them you are not even a drop in the bucket. The only person who you will depriving is yourself . 

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by Stone_Fountain
    http://www.pcgamer.com/microtransactions-may-be-coming-to-diablo-3-in-non-american-regions/ If that happens, I simply want a refund full refund for all versions of the game I own. This is just ignorant, it's wrong.

And you should but you won't. Cash Shops ruin games, period. They destroy the ingame economies and screw people over while lining their pockets. Ingame mechanics change to support the cash shops. AA gives you pots to swallow to give you more time to craft. What a gimmick. 

AHA! You forgot about one thing, mastermind! Diablo 3 HAS NO ECONOMY!

"Buhahahahahahha.........".

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292

Just out of curiosity, why do you care if someone else purchased something that you did not? What if an expansion came out, and they had purchased it... but you had not? Would that ruin your game?

I could understand it if they were taking things out of the game (you paid for),and then only making them available via a cash shop, as this would mean you would have to pay more for what you already had. However, the fact that they are sellling stuff to other people that you dont want to buy.... I dont get it. 

The cash shop isn't added so they can fork out $$ in refunds. The idea is to bring in more $$. Having said that... I don't think you'll be getting a refund.

Your loss. In my experience companies ignore tantrums, and they most certainly don't make promises regarding future financial schemes.

Won't change my opinion, the players will still be sorry excuses for real gamers, it's like plastic surgery, it's like playing a sport just so you can wear the jersey, it's a good looking apple on the outside that's full of worms on the inside, it will just be a bunch of wannabes. That's where most games are today and if d3 caves that's what players of that game will be too.