Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want my money back if you add a cash shop

Comments

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Originally posted by Righteous_Rock
    http://www.pcgamer.com/microtransactions-may-be-coming-to-diablo-3-in-non-american-regions/ If that happens, I simply want a refund full refund for all versions of the game I own. This is just ignorant, it's wrong.

Lets see how the people will answer,i guess there will be lots of demand for private single player servers in the future.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014

It's all in how we word things isn't it.

Yup, I've been saying that for years.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk
    Originally posted by rodingo
    Since all of us forum posters have the power to grant refunds, I will still say, "no".

Second!!! 

If we approve this, then I'd like a refund of all my Subscription fees and box purchases over the years in WoW because they added a cash shop in there too. 

I think you should be entitled to that, when you bought the game, was it made clear to you that it was susceptible to Cash shops? Probably not, therefore you should be entitled to a refund. I am tired of this changing of the rules mid stream. I bought d3, no cash shop, that what I am entitled to, if you want to make games with cash shops, you have to be upfront from day one, clear and concise.

There was a cash shop at release, a player to player cash shop yes, but a cash shop none the less.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Since all of us forum posters have the power to grant refunds, I will still say, "no".

Second!!! 

If we approve this, then I'd like a refund of all my Subscription fees and box purchases over the years in WoW because they added a cash shop in there too. 

I think you should be entitled to that, when you bought the game, was it made clear to you that it was susceptible to Cash shops? Probably not, therefore you should be entitled to a refund. I am tired of this changing of the rules mid stream. I bought d3, no cash shop, that what I am entitled to, if you want to make games with cash shops, you have to be upfront from day one, clear and concise.

No, but it did have a real money auction house. They removed it due to negative feedback. 

I don't think that this sort of thing is new. It might still be emerging, but it's not new. I think it's great that we're able to get updates now. The game isn't written into flash memory, never to be written to again. So many horrible games I can think of in the Atari and NES era, that I am wide open to updates.

I'm not sure why you're so upset about a cash shop, to be honest. Especially in a game like D3. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Kefo
    Originally posted by Kost

WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

Seriously, it doesn't even effect you, guy.

Someone get the manchild a soother so he can flail around and continue his tantrum like toddlers often do.  Forum crying is pathetic and serves zero purpose other than to garner attention for the one posting the thread.

Time to start acting like an adult.

my 19 month old sons tantrums don't last this long and usually we can calm him down with logic. Don't think this will be the case here

Not to derail further than I have, but how in the world do you manage to calm a toddler down with logic?  The furthest thing from my 3 year old son's mind is logic.  Instead it's filled with Ninja Turtles, Legos, and Transformers.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 230
    And RMAH was advertised as a major feature even at the back of boxed D3 copies. Anyone got a refund because of that? No way. I hated RMAH though. It was even worse than cash shops.
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by cesmode8

You wont get a refund and Ill start laughing if you throw around legal terms and such.  You probably didn't buy the game within the last 30 or 60 days.. probably got it sometime in the last 2+ years.  You wont get your money back.

And listen, if they launch a cash shop that allows me to purchase more stash space, character space, cosmetics, etc...I'm all for giving the developers a bit more money to pump out more content for the game because the game really needs more content systems and build diversity.  They simply don't have the budget for these things.

Think logically.  It would be for the best.  As far as any possibly XP boosts are concerned...who knows. 

Wait.. you just typed that didn't you?  They don't have the budget for content?  Blizzard?  The most successful MMO gaming company that has ever existed? 

And you say think logically.  I think you are a bit confused.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Second!!! 

Well to get a refund you typically only have 30 days before such is no longer a valid option, when did you buy D3?

How many hours of play did you get out of it?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Originally posted by Kefo
    Originally posted by Kost

WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

Seriously, it doesn't even effect you, guy.

Someone get the manchild a soother so he can flail around and continue his tantrum like toddlers often do.  Forum crying is pathetic and serves zero purpose other than to garner attention for the one posting the thread.

Time to start acting like an adult.

my 19 month old sons tantrums don't last this long and usually we can calm him down with logic. Don't think this will be the case here

Not to derail further than I have, but how in the world do you manage to calm a toddler down with logic?  The furthest thing from my 3 year old son's mind is logic.  Instead it's filled with Ninja Turtles, Legos, and Transformers.

An example is he will have a tantrum when trying to dress him. To calm him down I just tell him that pants will help keep his legs warm and he likes being warm right? He will stop mid scream, look and me and say yesh (that's how it sounds lol) nod his head and then proceed to help me pull on his pants. My sons head is filled with dancing, building towers and telling us what to do :P

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    http://www.pcgamer.com/microtransactions-may-be-coming-to-diablo-3-in-non-american-regions/ If that happens, I simply want a refund full refund for all versions of the game I own. This is just ignorant, it's wrong.

So I'm guessing Youngstown, Ohio isn't in North America anymore??

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    So you're playing the Asian version of Diablo 3 from thebU.S. I'm confused now.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Second!!! 

Except that in 2006, if you paid for a month of WoW without a cash shop...........you got a month of WoW without a cash shop.

What's the problem?

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Originally posted by Reklaw

You didn't read the thread. Cash shop defense cares that much to read a profile? Hope it's accurate.
  • DomotoDomoto Member UncommonPosts: 82

1. As has been stated already in this thread, you accepted the TOS which stated changes may occur so you don't really have any ground to stand on

2. The article is about as Cash shop in not NA, now if you are in not NA then this does effect you, if not then you are assuming it will come here (which it very well may not as there have been different business models in different areas for games)

3. Saying that the cash shop is cosmetic/convenience and will surely change to power is assuming once again, so unless you can tell the future this is pointless

4. The game started and had a Real money auction house for a very long time to which you were apparently fine with, it was not good for the game so they removed the ability to purchase armor/weapons with real money. A cosmetic cash shop would not be the same thing.

5. How would the cosmetic cash shop ruin the game exactly, take Path of Exile for example, that has a cosmetic/bank tab cash shop and the game is just fine and they have survived off a no power cash shop as they don't even have a box price.

6.  I'm not saying you have to like it, but this thread seems pointless, it comes off as whining and if you really are that upset over your "entitlement" then you should take it up with Blizzard as no one here has the ability to help you

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

Second!!! 

Um, we're talking Blizzard here... like just look at WoW for a roadmap.  That game has been re-envisioned a thousand times over and it will be re-envisioned a thousand more times... 

You didn't BUY the game, you merely purchased a license to play it.  Since you don't own it, they can change it whenever they want.

Originally posted by Nevulus

So you're playing the Asian version of Diablo 3 from thebU.S. I'm confused now.

Confused but at least you recognize that. Here is how it will end up, cash shop gets put in place global and somehow finds it way to na.
  • This change wouldn't affect anyone. They are QOL options made for the lazy. In WoW's case, a character boost is the same thing EXCEPT after 10+ alts, it gets very tedious and seems longer, so I can understand it. The fact that you can get PL'd to 70 in an hour really makes these XP boosts a seemingly good idea for new players but completely useless for anyone with friends or that already have level 70 characters. Gem of Ease + Hellfire Ring makes it so you can almost self PL yourself to 70 in less than a couple hours. It's a noob catch more than anything else.

Cosmetics... Woopdi freaking doo.

Stash space: If it's ADDITIONAL stash space, more than what's currently in the game, then you really shouldn't care. If it's the CURRENT stash space being restricted, then yes that is major bullshiat.

If you're an ideological freedom gamer that simply refuses to touch anything that "might be bad in some way or another", then have fun playing indie games (mind you, that aren't early access because that's just as much a cheat as anything else, really).

At the end of the day, Blizzard hasn't screwed anyone over with stupid cash shops so far. WoW's is really just because most players are vets that just don't want to level manually and was a REQUESTED feature. Hearthstone's is fine. You can get 2 or 3 free packs a week and it's not like paid packs are any different. HOTS' early access is kinda "meh", but all early access is kinda "meh". It's not a cash shop issue at that point.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    What a person wants and a person gets are not always the same thing.  I am 99.9% sure no money is coming your way.  The best way to fight back is to not use the cash shop.

I self identify as a monkey.

• sirchivesirchive Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Originally posted by killion81
    I was reading about these games, all of them have shit ass cash shops that ruin my experience, I thought, oh well I can play d3 for the next ten years, soon as I said that, bam this article comes out. It's just phasing me out of games completely at this point in time. I am ready to go home and sell off all my equipment and just forget about gaming completely. Man I hate greed. I want to show these bastards who the real Diablo is.

While it will probably only make you feel worse, the entire world is falling apart with greed at the root, not just gaming.  Turns out when you let people do what they want, they are nasty, greedy little creatures.

It's depressing, but I have to agree.

My wife, stepson and I have all been happily playing MMOs for about 12 years. But now we have to give it up. Corporate greed combined with nasty, putrid player behavior have made massive multi-player games unbearable. Really so much worse now than it was just a few years ago.

I amuse myself with simple run through the maze or solo strategy games. Also returning to board games since people tend to be much nicer face to face.

• urzasfuryurzasfury Member Posts: 15

People rage over the stupidest stuff...

"That guy over there bought a pair of cosmetic wings....RAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRR."

Originally posted by Kirzan

This change wouldn't affect anyone. They are QOL options made for the lazy. In WoW's case, a character boost is the same thing EXCEPT after 10+ alts, it gets very tedious and seems longer, so I can understand it. The fact that you can get PL'd to 70 in an hour really makes these XP boosts a seemingly good idea fodoing so made the game better. ew players but completely useless for anyone with friends or that already have level 70 characters. Gem of Ease + Hellfire Ring makes it so you can almost self PL yourself to 70 in less than a couple hours. It's a noob catch more than anything else. Cosmetics... Woopdi freaking doo. Stash space: If it's ADDITIONAL stash space, more than what's currently in the game, then you really shouldn't care. If it's the CURRENT stash space being restricted, then yes that is major bullshiat. If you're an ideological freedom gamer that simply refuses to touch anything that "might be bad in some way or another", then have fun playing indie games (mind you, that aren't early access because that's just as much a cheat as anything else, really). At the end of the day, Blizzard hasn't screwed anyone over with stupid cash shops so far. WoW's is really just because most players are vets that just don't want to level manually and was a REQUESTED feature. Hearthstone's is fine. You can get 2 or 3 free packs a week and it's not like paid packs are any different. HOTS' early access is kinda "meh", but all early access is kinda "meh". It's not a cash shop issue at that point.

Don't you see that in Diablo, the whole motivation to continue playing is for the lifetime achievement of your character? If you want to look a certain way, then earn it, the cash shop would take away from everything d3 players have done to date. For those saying it had a rmah, I know, that is a complete different animal thoug, one that they got rid of and in doing so made it a better game.
  • orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493

I think what people are missing is that ALL games will start having cash shops now, not just mmo's or online games , but a vast majority of your single layer games (both console and pc) will have some type of micro transaction included.

And I fear this will be a bad move for the industry. It is already happening with games like Evolve being created from the ground up based on the cash shop model. And all future EA games including some type of cash shop. Like how Star Wars Battlefront 3 will have aggressive dlc......read into that what you want.

Where it can only go from here , that's up to the consumer base. And that's where all these problems stem from. It's going to take another game crash for things to change those that perceive us as disposable income sources, into people who love to play games.

I'm glad I have a huge back log of games that should keep me well and busy for the next 10 years or so.  I don't want nor have any desire to see another game with in-game cash shop advertisement....

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

You didn't read the thread. Cash shop defense cares that much to read a profile? Hope it's accurate.

checked profile due to having read the thread and wanted to know if you where already effected by it so I could get understanding about the post you made.

And by my simple question you somehow read it as "Cash Shop Defence" LOL...too funny.....

You do know the asian gaming market works alittle different right?

checked profile due to having read the thread and wanted to know if you where already effected by it so I could get understanding about the post you made.

And by my simple question you somehow read it as "Cash Shop Defence" LOL...too funny.....

You do know the asian gaming market works alittle different right?

I do, I also know how corporate psychology works, Asian markets is where they would like us to be. They blizzard in this case are just waiting for enough culture change to implement a cash shop that will already be built, it's just a matter of time from there. I am not effected by it yet, just didn't ever want to be, but then again, I think I probably already am, I already feel a lack of motivation to log in.
  • rochristrochrist Member UncommonPosts: 134

Second!!! 

Wow. Just....delusional.

For the record, good luck with those refund requests. You're gonna need it.